User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just verified some more price increases at RSR.

RSR is to dealers, what Cheaper Than Dirt is to consumers.

They are dead to me!
View Quote

EVERY distributor has raised prices.  Most did it the day after Orlando.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just verified some more price increases at RSR.

RSR is to dealers, what Cheaper Than Dirt is to consumers.

They are dead to me!
View Quote

Imagine that you have 1000 AR's in stock priced at $799 your cost was $650.
or
Imagine that you have 10,000 PMags in stock priced at $9.99 your cost was $7.99
Knowing that every distributor is currently out of stock and has no idea when they will have more......do you raise your prices?

If you say you won't you'll likely be out of business soon. Too often, retailers base their markup on what the item cost them to purchase....this is business suicide.
Markup should be calculated on REPLACEMENT cost. If RSR or any other distributor knows that there is a coming shortage of firearms they would be stupid to not raise prices. It isn't greed and it isn't gouging.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad they can all take advantage of a crisis!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF

Edited to add:
Complete and total ignorance of the firearms industry and business.
Classic '13er
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Complete and total ignorance of the firearms any industry and business.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It is Coming - RSR is only the 1st. Good bye. Bye-Bye -- Back Pocket FFL boys...
View Quote
Please let us know what brick and mortar store you are involved with.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

WTF

Edited to add:
Classic '13er
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

Edited to add:
Classic '13er

DogtownTom, I have no interest in getting into a verbal dispute with anyone on the boards. I'm too old and don't have the desire or energy; we're all gun guys and we're not each other's enemy. However, FWIW I was an avid reader of this site for years before signing up to be able to post - and I've been a gun owner for four decades. And my post count ain't high because I don't particularly care to say very much.

My beef is with distributors. The gun industry would be better off without them and prices for everyone would be cheaper. If you disagree, then I respect your opinion.

And for the elites who are B&M and say HB guys are horrible people, I stick by this belief even if HB ffl' went away or didn't exist. Distributors are an unnecessary touch point in the life cycle of guns.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
RSR just raised their prices on all their AK and AR's. Had an order placed and they fulfilled everything except the firearms. I'll reach out in the morning and find out why.
View Quote

I'm seeing smith sports, DPMS oracles, Stags, Colts all at the same price they have been all year. All the inexpensive ARs are OOS but priced at their usual levels.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

DogtownTom, I have no interest in getting into a verbal dispute with anyone on the boards. I'm too old and don't have the desire or energy; we're all gun guys and we're not each other's enemy. However, FWIW I was an avid reader of this site for years before signing up to be able to post - and I've been a gun owner for four decades. And my post count ain't high because I don't particularly care to say very much.

My beef is with distributors. The gun industry would be better off without them and prices for everyone would be cheaper. If you disagree, then I respect your opinion.

And for the elites who are B&M and say HB guys are horrible people, I stick by this belief even if HB ffl' went away or didn't exist. Distributors are an unnecessary touch point in the life cycle of guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

Edited to add:
Classic '13er

Lol distributors are the definition of necessity.

None of the manufactures want to deal with piddly little dealers. Most that do only do so to the largest stores or for special instances like LE sales
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
None of the manufactures want to deal with piddly little dealers. Most that do only do so to the largest stores or for special instances like LE sales
View Quote

That is because they are stuck in an antiquated sales model.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean? I would imagine it is vastly easier to deal with distributor volume orders vs dealing with thousands upon thousands of individual shops and customers and the headaches that come with that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Automated sales orders with todays technology would never work........Right?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:37:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is Coming - RSR is only the 1st. Good bye. Bye-Bye -- Back Pocket FFL boys...

NVM.

ETA-Wow. I just read the rest of this thread.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I am creating an account at RSR, and called in to check on a few things, and dude told me that they are super swamped with new accounts and expect a few delays.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard back from RSR after about 10 days, give or take.

The message indicates if you do not have a storefront, they will set you up for accessories only.  No guns for home based FFLs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top