Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A few straight forward statements of the current reality would solve both sides problems. It couldn't be any more simple.

Bomber

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I JUST WANT TO GET ONE....
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya me also I sold my sw-5 receiver 'cause I needed the cash
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't blame Todd for focusing on getting kits in-country before the deadline.  Let's see, ORF's site has:

AKs - yup, need foreign parts kits for those
HKs - again, need those kits
FALs - same as above
1919s - I don't know where the parts come for these...

Anyhow, without these parts - barrels specifically - Todd will need to do a lot of extra work and the cost of his rifles will go up...  

I'm just happy I have another time-frame - the parts need to be in-country by September and you can't spend every hour of every business day saying, "are they here yet?"  Well, maybe Bones can with the receivers

I'm patient, I can wait...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
OK my friend told me what was going on with the delay with the RF5 project. My friend went down to ORF about a month ago (give or take a week) to buy some ammo from him. This is what my friend told me "quote"

My friend: I see that you have MP5 for sale on your web site how much and when can i get one?

Todd: Well I dont hve the space to set up to make them here I have a new building not to far from here that Im trying to get into but the City of Troy is giving me shit about makeing/manufactoring guns there. Its going to be about a year before you can get one.

So take as you see it. My friend has no reason to lie about this and I wasnt there to hear this with my own ears. Basically if I knew my friend was a BSer I wouldnt have even posted this. But as I said he has no reason to lie about it. Me and him both live about 1 hour 15 minutes away from ORF. Now when Todd told him it will be about a year I am assumeing that all of the group buy folks will get theirs first and paul said that this conversation took place about  a month ago (its been about a week so its really 5 weeks from this post). So take it as you hear it. Later.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK my friend told me what was going on with the delay with the RF5 project. My friend went down to ORF about a month ago (give or take a week) to buy some ammo from him. This is what my friend told me "quote"

My friend: I see that you have MP5 for sale on your web site how much and when can i get one?

Todd: Well I dont hve the space to set up to make them here I have a new building not to far from here that Im trying to get into but the City of Troy is giving me shit about makeing/manufactoring guns there. Its going to be about a year before you can get one.

So take as you see it. My friend has no reason to lie about this and I wasnt there to hear this with my own ears. Basically if I knew my friend was a BSer I wouldnt have even posted this. But as I said he has no reason to lie about it. Me and him both live about 1 hour 15 minutes away from ORF. Now when Todd told him it will be about a year I am assumeing that all of the group buy folks will get theirs first and paul said that this conversation took place about  a month ago (its been about a week so its really 5 weeks from this post). So take it as you hear it. Later.

I smell a "range report!"
THe GB that never happened!

I am sure Todd will be along to set it straight.
CH
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Well like I said I was not there to hear that with my own ears; however this friend of mine I went to school with (were now both 30 - 31 yrs old). Grew up with him and have known him since I was 7 or 8 yrs old. Like I said he has no reason to lie. Hes not in the group buy. Hell he dont even know about AR15.com or the group buy as well. And like I said he is not known to be a bullcrapper (otherwise I would not have posted this because I dont want to pour fuel on the fire so to speak). But again I was not there to hear this with my own ears. So if Todd is saying he will have to wait a year to get one then the group buy people should get theirs before the general public. So to say when the group buy folks will be getting their bling bling I cant say but if the general public will be able to get one in a year then i will be willing to ASSUME that the group buy people will get thiers in less than a year.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well like I said I was not there to hear that with my own ears; however this friend of mine I went to school with (were now both 30 - 31 yrs old). Grew up with him and have known him since I was 7 or 8 yrs old. Like I said he has no reason to lie. Hes not in the group buy. Hell he dont even know about AR15.com or the group buy as well. And like I said he is not known to be a bullcrapper (otherwise I would not have posted this because I dont want to pour fuel on the fire so to speak). But again I was not there to hear this with my own ears. So if Todd is saying he will have to wait a year to get one then the group buy people should get theirs before the general public. So to say when the group buy folks will be getting their bling bling I cant say but if the general public will be able to get one in a year then i will be willing to ASSUME that the group buy people will get thiers in less than a year.

Understand and was not directing any doubt at your post or your friend.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
So..... I take it that no one has missed me in this thread

In other news :

Oh, to my good friend George... E-mail will be inbound in a couple of days or so. Everything is working out as planned, project is on schedule, wink wink... Big things will be happening in August with the "project".

-bones

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So..... I take it that no one has missed me in this thread

In other news :

Oh, to my good friend George... E-mail will be inbound in a couple of days or so. Everything is working out as planned, project is on schedule, wink wink... Big things will be happening in August with the "project".

-bones

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:44:47 AM EDT
[#11]
So how much string is too much?

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Is Todd still out there ?

He created a thread that was destined to be dead bandwidth... also, whatever happened to Aimless and the ORF-GB "inquiry"

ETA: Also... what is this I hear of ORF sub-contracting US made barrels ???   Will time tell... who knows... time hasn't been kind to this "project" so far... so I guess we will know when we are 'supposed' to know right... isn't that how this is working now  

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmm.
Approaching 3 weeks and no word from the person that started this thread.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Guys,
Got busy with new place Aug 1.  As I said YOU ALL will see here just shortly whats UP.

Thanks  Todd@ORF

[Mr Burns]Excellent[/Mr Burns]

Woody
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Guys,
Got busy with new place Aug 1.  As I said YOU ALL will see here just shortly whats UP.

Thanks  Todd@ORF

Looking forward to it
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Todd I'm sorry about the post. However what I posted was not BS in any way shape or form. I posted word for word what my friend told me EXACTLY. If the info was incorrect them either A he was wrong, B he got the wrong information. As I stressed in my post " I was not there to hear what was said with my own words." I personally have nothing against you. I am a very happy customer of yours. The AK that I bought from you is bonnerific. What I posted was not BS in any way. I didnt add or deleat anything from what my friend told me. And as I said I have know him for at least the 4 th or 5th grade we both graduated high school tohether in 1993 and were both 30 - 31 years old now. I have never known him to be a BSer ever not back then and not now. If he was known to be a BSer then as I said in my post I woulndt have even posted what I posted. The info may be in fact BS. But it was not BS as far as I was concerned because as I said I dont know him to be a BSer and I litterally word for word only stated what he told me. Nothing more and nothing less. So sorry about all the cornfusion dude (really) but as I said I only posted what he told me. Wasnt trying to piss anyone off here.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys,

Thanks  Todd@ORF

Looking forward to it

+1

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn sorry about the spelling and grammer lol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

KevinR,
PLEASE, come here with your friend so we may discuss this matter.  As you say I said, its gonna be next year.  Hardly, your friend asked where the hell are the MP5s when he came in, came in with another gentleman that knew a friend of mine, I cannot remember eithers name though.  He then stated, then why are they on your website.  I explained what we do here, how we do things here.  If he wanted a real MP5 then I showed him what I had avail and told him costs, which he jumped back and ask WTF so much?  In the meantime what I was doing while he talked was gathering misc MGs that we had finally gotten paperwork in for to transfer out, so I may have been a bit short in some comments cause I was busy.  However, if he talked to Bob B, then hard tellin' what was passed that way, so the he said she said BS can stop now.  Wanna know, come here talk to me, don't post BS that is relaid between who knows.  Thanks and I am not upset.
Guys,

Thanks  Todd@ORF

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
KevinR,
As I said at the end of my post I was not upset.  I would rather this thread stay focused on what I say, not what he said or she said, that was my point.  I only would like to see words that are mine relaid here, if its a copied email from someone I respond to and say if you would like to update thead so be it.  I think Jared did that a week or so ago cause I hadn't had the chance to come here and do it myself.  All I am asking is wait for me for what info you desire.  Yes I did open this thread for you guys to "get on me" and thats fine, I chose to do that remember.  I try and read everyones post when I get here, one reason I do not respond much, takes me forever sometimes with how many posts this grows by each week.  Wait for me, all I am asking, good is just around the corner!

Todd@ORF

Todd
I just wanted to check with you to see if we were still going to receive something in the mail from ya (for our free receivers)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#23]

I just wanted to check with you to see if we were still going to receive something in the mail from ya (for our    free receivers)

Hmmm. Joined :: August 2005

Are you in the Group Buy?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Doubt it...... but I bet he is from AZ  

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yep, either that or GunBum got tired of sucking up to Bailey on his site.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This whole Gunbum thing is a paradox.... I cannot figure out if GB was Bailey all along or if he is a real person with some serious issues.

He hasn't really said shit on HK54 lately, nor have I ever seen him on any other gun boards, so it may actually be bailey, who knows... Who cares.....

The above guy asking for the free shit is definetley not legit though. I'd bet my lucky 3rd nut on it  

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This whole Gunbum thing is a paradox.... I cannot figure out if GB was Bailey all along or if he is a real person with some serious issues.

He hasn't really said shit on HK54 lately, nor have I ever seen him on any other gun boards, so it may actually be bailey, who knows... Who cares.....

The above guy asking for the free shit is definetley not legit though. I'd bet my lucky 3rd nut on it  

+1
Sombodys new troll account.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I just wanted to check with you to see if we were still going to receive something in the mail from ya (for our    free receivers)

Hmmm. Joined :: August 2005

Are you in the Group Buy?

Yes I am in on the group buy, thank you for asking.
I'm one of the few that mailed my order/ffl/payment into hg112 when he was taking orders. (hell he even sent me my serial number for the weapon)

Sooooo all of you can kiss my ass
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'm one of the few that mailed my order/ffl/payment into hg112 when he was taking orders. (hell he even sent me my serial number for the weapon)

Sooooo all of you can kiss my ass

Sounds like some one needs to pay up .

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#30]
He can't prove it... so I pay nothing  

Although, none of us can really prove it... so I guess if you really want it....

You can have my lucky 3rd nut  

Treat it well.

Bomber, ixnay on the ayupay okay  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What troll account were you using when you joined the group buy?

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What troll account were you using when you joined the group buy?

If you will go back and read you did NOT have to have an account to join the group buy. HG112 posted a link to order it from his site. so you can kiss my ass too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:46:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Sheesh.  Lots of ass kissing to be going on soon.  Glad some of us aren't so cynical.  I'm thinking I see a potential to make a killing selling mouthwash soon.  

Woody
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Hey Todd, have you checked the box to see if my money order is in it? I sent you an email but got no response
Thanks
GlenR
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#35]
To Todd Grove:

Did you ever actually pre-issue any serial numbers for the receivers? I know there was one very old post about it and it was mentioned. Just curious to know if any actually got issued.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the information Henry.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm also on the GB list.  Can't wait to build this baby.  I have everything except the receiver.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#39]
August is almost gone    

So fellow members of the GB... what is the pool up to now anyway ?  I've tried to steer clear and hold my tongue...

I'll continue to do so, just wondering what the pool is up to... is everyone betting on a year date now instead of a month date ?

Just curious  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:13:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Man all you people complain about receivers that have yet to be built hell, look at my situation; I sent him my Micro kit and RECEIVER off in January and according to an e-mail from him right before he went on vacation in July, it was "assembled and just needed to be refinished". And just think, it's almost September and I still haven't gotten it back. WTF??????????

He's also been jerking around another guy that goes by the name Jerod on Falfiles. His Galil has been there since Febuary, so that's two people now that have kits there that just need assembly and have been given the run-around for months.  

And krinkfreak, here's something for you to digest; You might want to re-evaluate all those posts that glorify ORF and Todd because you're openly supporting a person that has done nothing but constantly lie to me and others for the last several months. Maybe you should put yourself in someone else's shoes for a sec before writing up another ORF post because you're making yourself look stupid IMO. If ORF is your second home, then maybe you can tell me if my Micro is "assembled and just waiting to be refinished" as your buddy stated to me way back in July. If not, then please stop the ORF posts because your behavior in all of this is very wreckless considering the amount of people who are dissatisfied with ORF at the moment and your status as a mod here on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Man all you people complain about receivers that have yet to be built hell, look at my situation; I sent him my Micro kit and RECEIVER off in January and according to an e-mail from him right before he went on vacation in July, it was "assembled and just needed to be refinished". And just think, it's almost September and I still haven't gotten it back. WTF??????????

He's also been jerking around another guy that goes by the name Jerod on Falfiles. His Galil has been there since Febuary, so that's two people now that have kits there that just need assembly and have been given the run-around for months.  

And krinkfreak, here's something for you to digest; You might want to re-evaluate all those posts that glorify ORF and Todd because you're openly supporting a person that has done nothing but constantly lie to me and others for the last several months. Maybe you should put yourself in someone else's shoes for a sec before writing up another ORF post because you're making yourself look stupid IMO. If ORF is your second home, then maybe you can tell me if my Micro is "assembled and just waiting to be refinished" as your buddy stated to me way back in July. If not, then please stop the ORF posts because your behavior in all of this is very wreckless considering the amount of people who are dissatisfied with ORF at the moment and your status as a mod here on AR15.com.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Hey at least the Hummer and the boat in are place

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Jimtash, actually a lot of us have been waiting longer than you. So we do understand your problem too.

I sent my kit off to my builder in October 2004, 3 months before you sent your kit to ORF.

So tread lightly when saying that we complain... we have a lot of money tied up in this BS too.

It wouldn't be fair to assume that nothing is being done to correct this problem (afrcom mods and staff), I can't say such things because threads are locked down and no one replies to my IMs or E-mails... Like I stated in the EE, if this were any other company I cannot help but think that they would have been held accountable for such actions by now. But that has gone unnoticed as well.

I'm sure we will hear something to the effect of  "We have to act now because of parts kits and money is tight, plus we are moving in a new building, etc,etc.".... Well that's fine and dandy, but all of that wasn't happening 4,6,8,12 months ago now was it ?

Now it "seems" like a SEAK, M92 krink build "may" happen.... so I guess the RF5 gets shelved again right ? I'm shocked, ha.

ORF was all over that ( right in the midst of this Kit madness, the move and the lack of money ) so I'm a little confused.... actually I'm not, but some people may be.

Any company that has to keep this many secrets scares the shit out of me.

Why the secrets ?   August comes and you say " I'm not quiet ready to tell yet ".... are we in the 3rd grade ?

I could also understand arfcom protecting ORF if they had fallen on hard times due to being stiffed money, death in the family, industry issues, or an act of GOD, but bold face lies misleading posts and the RF5 GB... come on !

The only reason I even remotely "think" that ORF is protected is because the GB threads were locked and were supposed to be read through, all 40+ pages.... that was over a month ago and we haven't heard anything new from the Staff or anyone else (ORF&KF not considered reliable info at this point).

So what gives here, did ORF contact you Aimless and state that he was opening this thread to continue communication and you didn't question it ?  Or is the GB an on going "investigation" ?

Some of us would like to be reassured that this is not a conspiracy and that arfcom staff is indeed looking out for us (consumers) and our needs in this matter.

So far we have not been led to believe anything else. Group Buys follow very strict guidlines that are inforced and need to be taken care of by GB staff, not moderators.

How can we come here in the future and purchase with confidence if no one is doing a damn thing to fix this problem ?

Site staff, post something here or in the EE stating that you have heard us and that you are working to figure out the problem please.

Collectively we have a lot of money tied up in this failure of a Group Buy and we want to know that something is being done about it.

Is this too much to ask ?

-bones

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Thank you Aimless.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Jimtash, actually a lot of us have been waiting longer than you. So we do understand your problem too.

I sent my kit off to my builder in October 2004, 3 months before you sent your kit to ORF.

So tread lightly when saying that we complain... we have a lot of money tied up in this BS too.

It wouldn't be fair to assume that nothing is being done to correct this problem (afrcom mods and staff), I can't say such things because threads are locked down and no one replies to my IMs or E-mails... Like I stated in the EE, if this were any other company I cannot help but think that they would have been held accountable for such actions by now. But that has gone unnoticed as well.

I'm sure we will hear something to the effect of  "We have to act now because of parts kits and money is tigh

t, plus we are moving in a new building, etc,etc.".... Well that's fine and dandy, but all of that wasn't happening 4,6,8,12 months ago now was it ?

Now it "seems" like a SEAK, M92 krink build "may" happen.... so I guess the RF5 gets shelved again right ? I'm shocked, ha.

ORF was all over that ( right in the midst of this Kit madness, the move and the lack of money ) so I'm a little confused.... actually I'm not, but some people may be.

Any company that has to keep this many secrets scares the shit out of me.

Why the secrets ?   August comes and you say " I'm not quiet ready to tell yet ".... are we in the 3rd grade ?

I could also understand arfcom protecting ORF if they had fallen on hard times due to being stiffed money, death in the family, industry issues, or an act of GOD, but bold face lies misleading posts and the RF5 GB... come on !

The only reason I even remotely "think" that ORF is protected is because the GB threads were locked and were supposed to be read through, all 40+ pages.... that was over a month ago and we haven't heard anything new from the Staff or anyone else (ORF&KF not considered reliable info at this point).

So what gives here, did ORF contact you Aimless and state that he was opening this thread to continue communication and you didn't question it ?  Or is the GB an on going "investigation" ?

Some of us would like to be reassured that this is not a conspiracy and that arfcom staff is indeed looking out for us (consumers) and our needs in this matter.

So far we have not been led to believe anything else. Group Buys follow very strict guidlines that are inforced and need to be taken care of by GB staff, not moderators.

How can we come here in the future and purchase with confidence if no one is doing a damn thing to fix this problem ?

Site staff, post something here or in the EE stating that you have heard us and that you are working to figure out the problem please.

Collectively we have a lot of money tied up in this failure of a Group Buy and we want to know that something is being done about it.

Is this too much to ask ?

-bones

Bones, I didn't mean to sound like I was putting anyone down who's in the receiver GB because you all definitely have legitimate gripes with him. I just wanted to point out that MY COMPLETE KIT AND IMI RECEIVER ARE THERE and he's not doing jack shit about it but lie. And to beat it all, krinkfreak is over on the AK side trying to put a SEAK together with this jackoff. If that's not a load of crap, then I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Bones, I didn't mean to sound like I was putting anyone down who's in the receiver GB because you all definitely have legitimate gripes with him. I just wanted to point out that MY COMPLETE KIT AND IMI RECEIVER ARE THERE and he's not doing jack shit about it but lie.  

Oh I know what you meant jimtash... I wasn't trying to sound like the GB should come before your legitimate and long overdue build.. especially when he has your parts and receiver. There should be no excuses on his part !

I think we are experiencing the exact same frustrations  

I wish you the best of luck jim because your kit and receiver and in the hands of someone who no longer stands by his word.

I atleast have my parts with a smith that does. So I feel for you more than anyone.

Let us know how it turns out... if it turns out at all.

If you can get all your parts back, then you should !  Then send them to someone that doesn't have their hand in a thousand cookie jars.

Good luck.

-bones
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#48]
The only thing going for me is that it's NFA, a registered SBR. So I'd be very happy to call the BATFE if worse comes to worse.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Received this email.
Not sure if this is good or not.

John,
I will be getting to the RF5 packet from HG hopefully yet this week or weekend.  Doing the certificates, that will have serial on it.

Todd
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#50]
WTF ?

A certificate ?

Can we redeem it a Wendy's or what ?

What exactly did you ask when you e-mailed him ?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top