Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/29/2016 7:15:04 PM EDT
Do you guys think we will see many new cans coming out for 2017 or did the 41f rush put R&D on the back burner this year?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
"Q" at SHOT?

AAC keeps claiming big things in the pipe

I bet another company introduces something to compete with hybrid/Optimus

More from Ruger?  More Vaporware from Sig

Maybe Rugged? Dead Air just did the Wolverine so I don't envision them releasing anything else so quickly
ETA: this is always a fun game to play
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No doubt I will feel bad about what I have, and the only fix will be more suppressors.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if Russ Oliver will have something new?

At any rate I have to avoid this section until I pay my credit cards off.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
lol yes…yes you will see new suppressors.

I'm releasing two suppressor reviews in December. Both have not gone public with details. They are both promising.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at the various brands and see what they aren't producing currently.  I'll be surprised if SilencerCo doesn't get on the modular handgun suppressor bandwagon.  Maybe a Rugged rimfire?  A lightweight .30 caliber can from Ruger?  But yeah, I think a lot, if not all, the machine time was and still is, being used for 41F production.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The form 4s I am currently waiting on are for "old" cans.

I hope they don't have to much innovation, so I can better enjoy what i have coming.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
AAC Cyclops???!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol yes…yes you will see new suppressors.

I'm releasing two suppressor reviews in December. Both have not gone public with details. They are both promising.
View Quote

Drop a dime
Anything I mentioned?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to believe Rugged's next offering will be rimfire.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
AAC Cyclops???!!!
View Quote

Keep dreaming.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Rugged making a dedicated 9? idk
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Hopefully they will all be $200 cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]
We can only hope next year follows the trend of the last few when it comes to silencer innovation.  I don't even know what I would want that is physically possible and not currently available.  The Optimus was announced last year around this time and it answered everything I wanted and didn't currently have, A2 birdcage can, 9mm can, super durable rimfire can, short rifle can, and with good performance to boot.  I'm still waiting on that one to break out of jail.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'd like to think this as well.

And, I bet it won't be an eccentric modular design, that requires a mount on each host that must be timed and often has to be removed to field strip the firearm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And, I bet it won't be an eccentric modular design, that requires a mount on each host that must be timed and often has to be removed to field strip the firearm.

Hey, it's all about lifestyle and branding. And while I'm on my soapbox, somebody should tell their marketing division that nobody wants to buy their clothing with that crappy stylized logo even at 45% off. Bring back the old logo(s) and I'll be typing in my credit card numbers faster than the ATF can process a payment.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#16]
last time I spoke with Mike Pappas (Dead Air) a .50BMG can is in the works, no eta
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hey, it's all about lifestyle and branding. And while I'm on my soapbox, somebody should tell their marketing division that nobody wants to buy their clothing with that crappy stylized logo even at 45% off. Bring back the old logo(s) and I'll be typing in my credit card numbers faster than the ATF can process a payment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys...

I think the Osprey Micro is literally the last silencer in the world I would buy. They stuffed it full of a million "features" and never stopped to ask if the design made any sense, or solved a problem that so much as even existed.

Of course, I said the same thing when they first released the Saker and I was almost burned at the stake by the fanboys. Turns out what I said was right, but never mind that...

OP, there's new silencers every year. Not from every manufacturer, but SHOT show always has some cool stuff.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking we will see a modular rimfire can from Rugged. They don't offer a rimfire yet and modular is their thing so it makes sense. That would be sweet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:36:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
last time I spoke with Mike Pappas (Dead Air) a .50BMG can is in the works, no eta
View Quote

this would be awesome!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:39:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

this would be awesome!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this would be awesome!

How many people would buy? How many are buying the wolverine?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:44:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this would be awesome!

I'm imagining double-digit sales for a .50 can. Betting the Wolverine will sell a ton though. Everyone on AK47.net loves it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Time to see a Rugged 22 in the works I hope!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#23]
We will have an exciting new can coming...stay tuned!

Grant
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rugged making a dedicated 9? idk
View Quote

Waiting (saving) for this.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#25]
How about a 1" diameter titanium 9mm that will take out enough of the noise, but still allow all standard sights to be used?

Thunderbeast?  
Thunderbeast?  
Bueller?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I want a relatively lightweight, durable .22 with few parts as possible, that is stupid quiet.

My dream .22 can is the Liberty Regulator and the Sparrow to have a bastard child that eliminates FRP. I appreciate the simplicity of monocores and love the design of my Regulator with left hand back cap and locking front cap. Nothing comes loose period. If it came with sleeves ala the Sparrow to prevent crud between core/tube and eliminated FRP (albeit not really that bad on the Regulator) I'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I bet you will see more and more cans like the Rebel Silencers cheap ones.

HPA is coming...
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Grant
Rugged Suppressors
View Quote

Oh good gravy yes!  I love my Surge, what else do you have for me that I don't yet know I have to have?  

And AAC has stuff coming too apparently?  This may be another expensive year coming up, I love first world problems!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm imagining double-digit sales for a .50 can. Betting the Wolverine will sell a ton though. Everyone on AK47.net loves it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this would be awesome!

The Wolverine has been a YUUUGEEE success.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Oh good gravy yes!  I love my Surge, what else do you have for me that I don't yet know I have to have?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grant
Rugged Suppressors

You'll probably want to save room in your 2017 budget. Teasers are quite likely in the next few weeks & leading up to SHOT

Grant
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Do you guys think we will see many new cans coming out for 2017 or did the 41f rush put R&D on the back burner this year?
View Quote

Depends upon what "many" means.

There will certainly be some. But the industry tends not to wait for SHOT to announce. Q being an example.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grant
Rugged Suppressors
View Quote

View Quote

You'll probably want to save room in your 2017 budget. Teasers are quite likely in the next few weeks & leading up to SHOT

Grant
Rugged Suppressors
View Quote

If it's a 5.56 or rimfire can I'm definitely in.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this would be awesome!

It's a cool can, but Let's see the numbers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grant
Rugged Suppressors

Grant
Rugged Suppressors

K sized please
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There will certainly be some. But the industry tends not to wait for SHOT to announce. Q being an example.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just like Black Friday. If you wait til the actual day to release, people have passed you by
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

K sized please
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grant
Rugged Suppressors

Grant
Rugged Suppressors

K sized please

Definitely, by the time I went to buy a Saker k with all the Black Friday sales they were sold out. I'm thinking maybe that's an omen because something else is coming I should wait for. I'll just form 1 two lowers I've been putting off until I see what new cans are coming.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We will have a new can released at SHOT, building them as we speak. Should have another around NRA.

Going forward when we announce a new product it will be in stock, the AAC vaporware days are gone.

Also Cyclops are in the works right now should be shipping late January.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
We will have a new can released at SHOT, building them as we speak. Should have another around NRA.

Going forward when we announce a new product it will be in stock, the AAC vaporware days are gone.

Did everyone else miss the last part of this?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

K sized please
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grant
Rugged Suppressors

Grant
Rugged Suppressors

K sized please

I got a Spectre IIK...didn't cost me a dime except shipping.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did the Cyclops change or go out of production for a while?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I got a Spectre IIK...didn't cost me a dime except shipping.
View Quote

It also cost you a shooting buddy
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Hopefully we'll see some quiet cans for a change. Forget all the k models and modular, multi-caliber cans.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Did the Cyclops change or go out of production for a while?
View Quote

They have not made one since the move. So 2014 was last production year they were made.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Take a look at the various brands and see what they aren't producing currently.  I'll be surprised if SilencerCo doesn't get on the modular handgun suppressor bandwagon.  Maybe a Rugged rimfire?  A lightweight .30 caliber can from Ruger?  But yeah, I think a lot, if not all, the machine time was and still is, being used for 41F production.
View Quote

Please! Would buy the day it comes out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hopefully we'll see some quiet cans for a change. Forget all the k models and modular, multi-caliber cans.
View Quote

Really?
Omega, Tirant, Thunderbeast
Plenty of quiet cans out there but that doesn't seem to be what the market wants
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#46]
New Q 762 cans look interesting. Full Nelson and half Nelson.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
New Q 762 cans look interesting. Full Nelson and half Nelson.
View Quote

I was just checking those out on Instagram. Both cans on the scale together read at 29 oz.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I was just checking those out on Instagram. Both cans on the scale together read at 29 oz.
View Quote

Link or pic?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really?
Omega, Tirant, Thunderbeast
Plenty of quiet cans out there but that doesn't seem to be what the market wants
View Quote

All well over a year old. The Tirant's been the quietest 9mm can for how many years now? I'm hoping technology actually decreases sound signature going forward.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top