Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The best home defense weapon is a pump 12 gauge with 000 buck and slugs equipped with a M-6 laser flashlight.

I use a 1300 Winchester with 7 000 Buck in the tube mag  6 000 Buck on the side saddle and 5 HP slugs in the stock sleeve.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks good. What type of mag are you using?

Bushmaster
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
are you kidding me....honestly i hope you live in the country if you're using a 5.56 round for home defense.....you know how many walls that round will penetrate....how many lives you'll endanger....for me it's the good ol 12 ga. or 20 ga. w/ buckshot......in CQB you're gonna need a wide dispersed shot especially in low light/ unaware/ scared conditions...not a small precision shot where you may not even have time to aim thru your a2 sights....jmho
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close in shotguns don't disperse very much.   Farther out, they disperse too much.

The biggest problem with a shotgun is that you are responsible for every single pellet you launch.   If you are defending yourself against a nasty home invader and ONE of your pellets flys out and smacks one of your neighbors  you are civily and criminally liable.   I personally want to control where every single projectile goes out of my weapons.

Link Posted: 5/10/2006 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If you dont mind me asking. Where did you buy it from? I dont ever see any for sale. How much was it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
looks good...any higher res pics?
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
You need more mags, and more ammo...... and something to carry it in so it's not obvious what your carrying.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
got it
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
are you kidding me....honestly i hope you live in the country if you're using a 5.56 round for home defense.....you know how many walls that round will penetrate....how many lives you'll endanger....for me it's the good ol 12 ga. or 20 ga. w/ buckshot......in CQB you're gonna need a wide dispersed shot especially in low light/ unaware/ scared conditions...not a small precision shot where you may not even have time to aim thru your a2 sights....jmho
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close in shotguns don't disperse very much.   Farther out, they disperse too much.

The biggest problem with a shotgun is that you are responsible for every single pellet you launch.   If you are defending yourself against a nasty home invader and ONE of your pellets flys out and smacks one of your neighbors  you are civily and criminally liable.   I personally want to control where every single projectile goes out of my weapons.

For home defense I use 12Guage #4 buckshot
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you dont mind me asking. Where did you buy it from? I dont ever see any for sale. How much was it?

kel-tec.com I think
its called Kel tec su-16 CA
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You need more mags, and more ammo...... and something to carry it in so it's not obvious what your carrying.

I have a full outfit with mag bag in marine digital
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

kel-tec.com I think
its called Kel tec su-16 CA

Hehehehe I know its a CA. I meant I never see them for sale anywhere like on gunsamerica or gunbroker. I might just get a C model. Hell impact doesnt even have CAs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the Ca because you stick a 30 rounder in the back
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Woah. I didnt know that. I thought it was just two 10 rounders or maybe a 20 rounder. Seen any for sale anywhere?
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
In Cali, I think I would do the following

870 for home defense
handgun of your choice
bolt action 308
semi auto rifle... not sure what all is legal but I would probably go with a nice Yugo SKS.

Any semi auto 308's available such as the Springfield M1A?
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In Cali, I think I would do the following

870 for home defense
handgun of your choice
bolt action 308
semi auto rifle... not sure what all is legal but I would probably go with a nice Yugo SKS.

Any semi auto 308's available such as the Springfield M1A?

you would go with an SKS a Yugo at that over a Su-16 CA lol I have 2SKS a Yuko and Chinese and on their best days do they even come close I have out shot AR with this thing with the Eotech on it  I am hitting Chicken outlines at 300 yrds.
and when is the last time you walked a few miles with a M1A or SKS?
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woah. I didnt know that. I thought it was just two 10 rounders or maybe a 20 rounder. Seen any for sale anywhere?

Call kel tec they can tell you you have google dont you?
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just get a Mini14?  I know they are not as good or accurate as an AR, but you can hit man sized target at a good long distance with them.

Also AR's are allowed in California, you just had to of had them several years ago.

I have a Mini 14 and its no match
The tec is far more reliable accurate and does not heat up as fast

I love my mini 14 but the Kel-tec is superior in every way

Sounds like you have what you need.  I like it.  

That would make a nice "contingency weapon" to keep in the car, just in case, here in MI.  You've got me wanting one!
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just get a Mini14?  I know they are not as good or accurate as an AR, but you can hit man sized target at a good long distance with them.

Also AR's are allowed in California, you just had to of had them several years ago.

I have a Mini 14 and its no match
The tec is far more reliable accurate and does not heat up as fast

I love my mini 14 but the Kel-tec is superior in every way

Sounds like you have what you need.  I like it.  

That would make a nice "contingency weapon" to keep in the car, just in case, here in MI.  You've got me wanting one!

If I were you I would put the AR in the safe and get your self a KEl-tec SU16CA and shit load of wolf and have fun save your AR for SHTF. It a fun fun rifle its accurate real accurate.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=AX5M1&i=52591
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:07:32 AM EDT
[#20]
It's good enough to fit your way out of CA and into a better state, like NV. Then you load up with the real hardware.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It's good enough to fit your way out of CA and into a better state, like NV. Then you load up with the real hardware.

I like it I dont want to spend over a grand to get an AR
Real hardware next thing you know you will tell me its a toy lol
I dont want to get shot by it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

you would go with an SKS a Yugo at that over a Su-16 CA lol I have 2SKS a Yuko and Chinese and on their best days do they even come close I have out shot AR with this thing with the Eotech on it  I am hitting Chicken outlines at 300 yrds.

I have never, but it still does not change my picks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M1A is a great weapon but a 10 rounder SKS I am ok with that.
Have you ever fired a Kel-tec CA ? Or do you not like the .223 round?
Have you seen the wound trauma with in the 100 meter range lol it's worse then .308

home.snafu.de/l.moeller/Zielwirkung/Frog.html

The rumor that the .223 is not powerful is comming from the m855 been used against flesh beond 95 yards with a 16 berral its make for body armor period. If you hit a man with a 55-75 gr JHPBT you will know that the .223 round is more then enough.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you seen the wound trauma with in the 100 meter range lol it's worse then .308

The rumor that the .223 is not powerful is comming from the m855 been used against flesh beond 95 yards with a 16 berral its make for body armor period. If you hit a man with a 55-75 gr JHPBT you will know that the .223 round is more then enough.

I have no problems with the 5.56 round at all.  Actually I'm a fan.
5.56 Rifles

Link Posted: 5/11/2006 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no problems with the 5.56 round at all.  Actually I'm a fan.
5.56 Rifles

Ok then you have not shot or heard what people are saying about this so called junk or toy rifle
it reminds me of the Glock when it cam out "its plastic blah blah blah" I love it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#26]
in responce to the original post.. not to get back on subject..

But I think you would be better served with a blade that is not serated all the way up to the tip. IT is best to have a knife that can be used for skinning wild game, and serated blades just to do to well for that.  Serated blades are great for sawing through rope, but aside from that, you would be best served with a rasor sharp lockback. OR just make the last two inches of that knife non-serated.

IMHO
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

But I think you would be better served with a blade that is not serated all the way up to the tip. IT is best to have a knife that can be used for skinning wild game, and serated blades just to do to well for that.  Serated blades are great for sawing through rope, but aside from that, you would be best served with a rasor sharp lockback. OR just make the last two inches of that knife non-serated.

IMHO

Dude its made for stabbing and ripping its the best knife used by Law enforcement every where.
When your stabbed by this you bleed to death.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMHO

Dude its made for stabbing and ripping its the best knife used by Law enforcement every where.

I think it was Jeff Cooper that said "We are not interested in killing people, we want to stop them.  If killing them was what we wanted we would just shoot them with pellets with the AIDS virus on them."  If that's not the exact quote, forgive me, but the point stands, I don't have the time to sit and watch you bleed out, no the desire to see you suffer.   And "if you are stabbed by this" AND an important vain or artery is cut, you bleed to death.  Just MHO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ok then you have not shot or heard what people are saying about this so called junk or toy rifle
it reminds me of the Glock when it cam out "its plastic blah blah blah" I love it.

I will admit I have read very little on the Kel-Tec carbine.  I have read up on the Kel-Tec handguns and most everything I saw was positive.  I feel the same is probably true with this rifle.  I do not doubt that it is accurate or the fact it has done well for you and others.  If you have shot it enough and feel comfortable with it, than more power to you.  However, I would rather have something that has a longer history of proven field use for a SHTF rifle.

Back to your 5.56 vs 308 comment.  I feel both are great, and I feel the same about 7.62x39 & 5.45x39.  All are good enough to get the job done and I would feel comfortable carring any of those rounds.  Same with the 9mm vs 40cal vs 45.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will admit I have read very little on the Kel-Tec carbine.  I have read up on the Kel-Tec handguns and most everything I saw was positive.  I feel the same is probably true with this rifle.  I do not doubt that it is accurate or the fact it has done well for you and others.  If you have shot it enough and feel comfortable with it, than more power to you.  However, I would rather have something that has a longer history of proven field use for a SHTF rifle.

Back to your 5.56 vs 308 comment.  I feel both are great, and I feel the same about 7.62x39 & 5.45x39.  All are good enough to get the job done and I would feel comfortable carring any of those rounds.  Same with the 9mm vs 40cal vs 45.  

well not exactly the 9mm even in +P+ loads does not come close to the 45ACP
I own both and I can tell you this a 9mm is a great round but to compare it to a 45 is  bit unrealistic.

www.handgunsmag.com/ammunition/winchester_ranger/
www.abaris.net/info/ballistics/handgun-stopping-power.htm
perhaps you should review this links I think it will help.

Here is the advantage to the .223 and why it's the military's work horse.
1. extra rounds an M-16 AR-15 Kel-tec Su 16 CA can hold the same Mags
30 rounders 40 rounders 100 round drums
The M1A can only hold reliably 20 rounds max. I have hiked numerous times with my sks my 12 gauge and my Kel-tec and I can tell you this climbing and running around with an SKS is torture.

2. Quick second shot. Also we have tested a M1A scout with Aim point Vs my Kel-tec with Eotech and it ws no match at 300 yrds. the kel tec was far more accurate.
It might have been the ammo he was using but in my defense  iwas using 55gr HPwolf.

3. Ammo available, I have m855 where here is California you cant have .308 AP rounds
Have you ever seen what M855 does to 1" metal lol.

look at this
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMHO

I think it was Jeff Cooper that said "We are not interested in killing people, we want to stop them.  If killing them was what we wanted we would just shoot them with pellets with the AIDS virus on them."  If that's not the exact quote, forgive me, but the point stands, I don't have the time to sit and watch you bleed out, no the desire to see you suffer.   And "if you are stabbed by this" AND an important vain or artery is cut, you bleed to death.  Just MHO.

I think my Spyderco has prov en stopping power and that's why it's used by military and law enforcement. did you see the pic? lol next time your at the store look at one or better yet stick in something.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Remove the fore-grip.  The rear should match the fore in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I own both and I can tell you this a 9mm is a great round but to compare it to a 45 is  bit unrealistic.

The M1A can only hold reliably 20 rounds max. I have hiked numerous times with my sks my 12 gauge and my Kel-tec and I can tell you this climbing and running around with an SKS is torture.

2. Quick second shot. Also we have tested a M1A scout with Aim point Vs my Kel-tec with Eotech and it ws no match at 300 yrds. the kel tec was far more accurate.
It might have been the ammo he was using but in my defense  iwas using 55gr HPwolf.

3. Ammo available, I have m855 where here is California you cant have .308 AP rounds

img137.imageshack.us/img137/5028/sm7083752cc8kb.th.jpg
look at this

IMO, you are contradicting yourself by saying you favor the .223 over .308, but the .45 over the 9mm. You say the .223 has the advantage of being able to carry more ammo as well as having less recoil for follow up shots. Well guess what?  Its the same for 9mm.

I think you need to read more and post less. Almost every post of yours I've read comes off as ignorant and condescending (ei. "mine's better than yours").
You like what you like, fine, but you need to grow up and realize that what works for you will not work for everyone else. OK? Understand? Your choices in weapons may be great for you and your uses, but they are not the be all end all for everyone. Got it? Everyone has their preferences, accept it and move on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img137.imageshack.us/img137/5028/sm7083752cc8kb.th.jpg</a>
look at this

IMO, you are contradicting yourself by saying you favor the .223 over .308, but the .45 over the 9mm. You say the .223 has the advantage of being able to carry more ammo as well as having less recoil for follow up shots. Well guess what?  Its the same for 9mm.

I think you need to read more and post less. Almost every post of yours I've read comes off as ignorant and condescending (ei. "mine's better than yours").
You like what you like, fine, but you need to grow up and realize that what works for you will not work for everyone else. OK? Understand? Your choices in weapons may be great for you and your uses, but they are not the be all end all for everyone. Got it? Everyone has their preferences, accept it and move on.

Why do you try and insult me?  I prefer the .223 I don't see me shooting at people beyond 200 yards. I do see my self using a 45 for up close situations.
So stop having your panties in a bunch and stop disrespecting me. And STOP yelling.

Your arguing about a gun you have never shot. This is turning into a pissing contest and I have to go to the bathroom.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

look at this

Why do you try and insult me?  I prefer the .223 I don't see me shooting at people beyond 200 yards. I do see my self using a 45 for up close situations.
So stop having your panties in a bunch and stop disrespecting me. And STOP yelling.

Your arguing about a gun you have never shot. This is turning into a pissing contest and I have to go to the bathroom.

What the hell do you know about me and what experience I have? How would you know if I haven't shot one? Guess what I have. It's ok, but it is a piss poor replacement for an AR. I know you're in Kali, so you have to settle for less. I'm sorry that I don't have to put up with the same bullshit gun laws you do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I think my Spyderco has prov en stopping power and that's why it's used by military and law enforcement. did you see the pic? lol next time your at the store look at one or better yet stick in something.

FWIW, I have no, zero, zip, nada, (and so on)  problems with you choices,   To (mis)quote Cooper again "If you don't like the weapon you are issued, don't worry.  When the time comes find an enemy with what you want, shoot him, and take his weapon."  The only thing I question is the "stick um' anywhere  with this and they'll flop over bleadin' to death" attitude.  You know, now that I think of it, kinda reminds me of what some (maybe a very few) proponits of the .45 say. Location, location, location!    And I think I'll pass on sticking anything in anyone next time I'm at the store.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#37]
In another page or two we'll have the california apologists here explaining that "california really is conservative" and "it's a good gun state if you live in the right area."

Time to make popcorn.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
In another page or two we'll have the california apologists here explaining that "california really is conservative" and "it's a good gun state if you live in the right area."

Time to make popcorn.

Hey what kind of groups does that monkey get?
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

look at this

What the hell do you know about me and what experience I have? How would you know if I haven't shot one? Guess what I have. It's ok, but it is a piss poor replacement for an AR. I know you're in Kali, so you have to settle for less. I'm sorry that I don't have to put up with the same bullshit gun laws you do.

I love the AR but also love how light the Keltech is and how reliable it has the AK style piston on it so It just keeps firring.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Remove the fore-grip.  The rear should match the fore in my opinion.

I have that was taken in Nevada here in California you cant have them.

Link Posted: 5/12/2006 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#41]
KeltechSu16CA is an ASS.  Most likely with mental or drug problems.  All his posts degrade into arguments and the kid stays up all night posting until the meth? wears off.  I can't believe they let him back on this site.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
KeltechSu16CA is an ASS.  Most likely with mental or drug problems.  All his posts degrade into arguments and the kid stays up all night posting until the meth? wears off.  I can't believe they let him back on this site.

Did they ban him at some point?

I do notice he argues a lot, but I haven't noticed whether that's because he inadvertently rubs people the wrong way or he's the one who starts the arguments for no reason.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#43]
I believe he was banned for a while.  His post count was averaging 33 per day.  He is now at 9 per day.  He had multiple threads going on at once. i.e. in the AK, AR and other forums.   He is intelligent but inflexible in his views.  His style is consistent with a significant personality disorder. He can not take criticism.  Has no self insight - can not see how he   irritates people, can not see that he is ever wrong.  He was known on other websites under a similar name, similiar posts, similar responses.   He denied it, of course.   All his threads degrade into arguments, so he has a way of  pissing everyone off.   Loves posting polls.  
He will respond to my post either by some dumb ass reply using words like "unequivocally, blah, blah, blah ...."  OR he will claim complete innocence and wonder why everyone is being mean to him.          
Why do I care?  He threatened to kill me in an e-mail after I commented on his grammatically challenged posts.  I copied the mods on the threat.  I can't believe they let this sick potentially dangerous ass wipe back on the site.  He is his own worst enemy and without help will ruin his own life.  Other than that he is great!
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I believe he was banned for a while.  His post count was averaging 33 per day.  He is now at 9 per day.  He had multiple threads going on at once. i.e. in the AK, AR and other forums.   He is intelligent but inflexible in his views.  His style is consistent with a significant personality disorder. He can not take criticism.  Has no self insight - can not see how he   irritates people, can not see that he is ever wrong.  He was known on other websites under a similar name, similiar posts, similar responses.   He denied it, of course.   All his threads degrade into arguments, so he has a way of  pissing everyone off.   Loves posting polls.  
He will respond to my post either by some dumb ass reply using words like "unequivocally, blah, blah, blah ...."  OR he will claim complete innocence and wonder why everyone is being mean to him.          
Why do I care?  He threatened to kill me in an e-mail after I commented on his grammatically challenged posts.  I copied the mods on the threat.  I can't believe they let this sick potentially dangerous ass wipe back on the site.  He is his own worst enemy and without help will ruin his own life.  Other than that he is great!

Hmmm It appears I am simply posting SHTF fan set up and your insulting me for no reason.
I am not sure what your and everyone else's problem is?

What am I wrong about? Please inform us all or are you simply collaborating a story?
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Hmmm It appears I am simply posting SHTF fan set up and your insulting me for no reason.
I am not sure what your and everyone else's problem is?

What am I wrong about? Please inform us all or are you simply collaborating a story?

To quote one of my favorite movie lines:

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

ETA: Did you email this guy a death threat?
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#46]
.Quoted:

..." OR he will claim complete innocence and wonder why everyone is being mean to him.

I knew it.  The innocent role this time!

Copy of his e-mail.  Of course he'll deny it.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:41 PM

Subject: AR15.Com Email :: KeltechSu16CA :: I wish you were here

Little fagot I would choke you out and brake all your bones

---------------------------------------------------------
Email Generated From: AR15.Com

Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:18 PM
To:
Subject: AR15.Com Email :: KeltechSu16CA :: It will all be ok

Well you have unequivocally underestimated my intelligence.
Your imprudent comments are quite obvious.
You're simply a frivolous soul pursuing recognition.

No go play along...

Link Posted: 5/12/2006 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh yeah, I remember seeing you post that threat from him somewhere before.  I didn't realize this was the same guy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
.Quoted:

..." OR he will claim complete innocence and wonder why everyone is being mean to him.

I knew it.  The innocent role this time!

Copy of his e-mail.  Of course he'll deny it.

Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:41 PM

Subject: AR15.Com Email :: KeltechSu16CA :: I wish you were here

Little fagot I would choke you out and brake all your bones

Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:18 PM
To:
Subject: AR15.Com Email :: KeltechSu16CA :: It will all be ok

Well you have unequivocally underestimated my intelligence.
Your imprudent comments are quite obvious.
You're simply a frivolous soul pursuing recognition.

No go play along...

Do you not have anything better to do the Subject is " 1911 Springfield vs Glock "
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#49]
What page are you on?   Damn son.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Buy an M1A.

For home defense? Too long, too heavy, too much penetration. For home defense purposes, a 5.56 carbine is as good as it gets.

shorter M1A with frangable ammo or a 12ga for home defense
Page / 3
Top Top