Page / 16
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Fan-freaking-tastic!

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Great shooting!  Y'all hunting over wheat right now? Outside of Dallas?
14 out of one sounder is impressive!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome video. I want one, have cash for one, but not gonna order one until the SW is improved with rifle zero storage and less reports of glitches, no. I'll stick with my FLIR RS64 until then. The MK II image is superb, no doubt, but being a pro SW developer myself, the SW is a deal breaker for me right now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Awesome video. I want one, have cash for one, but not gonna order one until the SW is improved with rifle zero storage and less reports of glitches, no. I'll stick with my FLIR RS64 until then. The MK II image is superb, no doubt, but being a pro SW developer myself, the SW is a deal breaker for me right now.
View Quote
I'm no SW engineer but I am In the same pool as you.  I have the RS 64 also and have used the IRH units and at this time they offer nothing that warrants a change, they are in the realm but it appears the developers VS practical use people do not know how to have productive meetings I am watching though. I was sold on trying the Patrol but the SH looking mount killed that.

ETA: it appears IRH is a POSSIBLE option in the future.  I can say I have used the IRH extensively and own the FLIR RS-64 and the results are not as stellar as some here would like to talk about. I am open to differing viewpoints but I have used both firsthand on multiple occasions and the FLIR RS series is a better option if you want a rock solid repeatable unit with mind blowing warranty options.  IRH has SW issues, it's proven and verified,  the owners here can sugarcoat these issues to accommodate the  cognitive dissonance they feel of $5,000 + all they want, to make themselves feel better,  but it's real compared to the FLIR units. I don't care that "The Joto" may praise BAE cores, that means nothing if the software writers don't know their subject. Cores are a complete creation of the SW writers, Cores mean nothing except possibilities. Having a superior core means nothing if the software writers can't provide the code to optimize that core. I have seen the LCD vs he OLED IRH displays and don't believe the hypeshow us something exceptional, not Vic, not UNV, people that have a profit margin in the game? Show us yourselves. Show us a legitimate mounting system for the patrol, show us a legitimate multiple weapon POI option, do something that gives the skeptics something LEGITIMATE to oppose them.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Have you used the MK II or only the IR Hunter 320 units? IR Hunter 640 units? Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no SW engineer but I am In the same pool as you.  I have the RS 64 also and have used the IRH units and at this time they offer nothing that warrants a change, they are in the realm but it appears the developers VS practical use people do not know how to have productive meetings I am watching though. I was sold on trying the Patrol but the SH looking mount killed that.  

ETA: it appears IRH is a POSSIBLE option in the future.  I can say I have used the IRH extensively and own the FLIR RS-64 and the results are not as stellar as some here would like to talk about. I am open to differing viewpoints but I have used both firsthand on multiple occasions and the FLIR RS series is a better option if you want a rock solid repeatable unit with mind blowing warranty options.  IRH has SW issues, it's proven and verified,  the owners here can sugarcoat these issues to accommodate the  cognitive dissonance they feel of $5,000 + all they want, to make themselves feel better,  but it's real compared to the FLIR units. I don't care that "The Joto" may praise BAE cores, that means nothing if the software writers don't know their subject. Cores are a complete creation of the SW writers, Cores mean nothing except possibilities. Having a superior core means nothing if the software writers can't provide the code to optimize that core. I have seen the LCD vs he OLED IRH displays and don't believe the hypeshow us something exceptional, not Vic, not UNV, people that have a profit margin in the game? Show us yourselves. Show us a legitimate mounting system for the patrol, show us a legitimate multiple weapon POI option, do something that gives the skeptics something LEGITIMATE to oppose them.

Have you used the MK II or only the IR Hunter 320 units? IR Hunter 640 units? Thanks
MK only... If there are issues with the IR only whey are they not addressing them.........FLIR is not addressing the RS-32 units

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:38:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#10]
ETA: it appears IRH is a POSSIBLE option in the future. I can say I have used the IRH extensively and own the FLIR RS-64 and the results are not as stellar as some here would like to talk about. I am open to differing viewpoints but I have used both firsthand on multiple occasions and the FLIR RS series is a better option if you want a rock solid repeatable unit with mind blowing warranty options. IRH has SW issues, it's proven and verified, the owners here can sugarcoat these issues to accommodate the cognitive dissonance they feel of $5,000 + all they want, to make themselves feel better, but it's real compared to the FLIR units. I don't care that "The Joto" may praise BAE cores, that means nothing if the software writers don't know their subject. Cores are a complete creation of the SW writers, Cores mean nothing except possibilities. Having a superior core means nothing if the software writers can't provide the code to optimize that core. I have seen the LCD vs he OLED IRH displays and don't believe the hypeshow us something exceptional, not Vic, not UNV, people that have a profit margin in the game? Show us yourselves. Show us a legitimate mounting system for the patrol, show us a legitimate multiple weapon POI option, do something that gives the skeptics something LEGITIMATE to oppose them
View Quote

While I've never used the IRH ( first version).  I do own a MK2.  I've also hunted several times with the RS-64.  Having spent time behind both units hunting I can honestly say that the two are apples and oranges when compared to each other.  The MK2 image makes the RS image look truly sub par.  Contrast, sharpness, overall image quality is head and shoulders above the RS.   One of the things that really stood out to me was the quality of image in less than ideal thermal conditions.  ( high humidity, overcast skies throughout the day with wind chill effects)  With the flir devices I use I noticed much more wash out in the image compared to the MK2.  When I say that I mean you can see hot objects, but all the detail from surrounding objects lack any detail while viewing.  

Whether its a BAE core in a device or a flir core it seems that the best image quality comes from the BAE cores.  Is it a software issue? and not a core issue?  If so, the flir units are lacking in that department.  Skeet IR's, UTM's, the L3 PAS-13G, IR MK2 all use BAE cores and have superior image quality when compared to any Flir unit i've seen.  

I by no means sell these scopes, or get anything from any venders praising one thing or another.  Saying that I do like to give information that might help people by my experiences with different devices, and what I liked or disliked about them, and how they worked for me.  I do know from looking through several devices over the years and using them, the MK2 is by far the one I've liked the most.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

While I've never used the IRH ( first version).  I do own a MK2.  I've also hunted several times with the RS-64.  Having spent time behind both units hunting I can honestly say that the two are apples and oranges when compared to each other.  The MK2 image makes the RS image look truly sub par.  Contrast, sharpness, overall image quality is head and shoulders above the RS.   One of the things that really stood out to me was the quality of image in less than ideal thermal conditions.  ( high humidity, overcast skies throughout the day with wind chill effects)  With the flir devices I use I noticed much more wash out in the image compared to the MK2.  When I say that I mean you can see hot objects, but all the detail from surrounding objects lack any detail while viewing.  

Whether its a BAE core in a device or a flir core it seems that the best image quality comes from the BAE cores.  Is it a software issue? and not a core issue?  If so, the flir units are lacking in that department.  Skeet IR's, UTM's, the L3 PAS-13G, IR MK2 all use BAE cores and have superior image quality when compared to any Flir unit i've seen.  

I by no means sell these scopes, or get anything from any venders praising one thing or another.  Saying that I do like to give information that might help people by my experiences with different devices, and what I liked or disliked about them, and how they worked for me.  I do know from looking through several devices over the years and using them, the MK2 is by far the one I've liked the most.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
ETA: it appears IRH is a POSSIBLE option in the future. I can say I have used the IRH extensively and own the FLIR RS-64 and the results are not as stellar as some here would like to talk about. I am open to differing viewpoints but I have used both firsthand on multiple occasions and the FLIR RS series is a better option if you want a rock solid repeatable unit with mind blowing warranty options. IRH has SW issues, it's proven and verified, the owners here can sugarcoat these issues to accommodate the cognitive dissonance they feel of $5,000 + all they want, to make themselves feel better, but it's real compared to the FLIR units. I don't care that "The Joto" may praise BAE cores, that means nothing if the software writers don't know their subject. Cores are a complete creation of the SW writers, Cores mean nothing except possibilities. Having a superior core means nothing if the software writers can't provide the code to optimize that core. I have seen the LCD vs he OLED IRH displays and don't believe the hypeshow us something exceptional, not Vic, not UNV, people that have a profit margin in the game? Show us yourselves. Show us a legitimate mounting system for the patrol, show us a legitimate multiple weapon POI option, do something that gives the skeptics something LEGITIMATE to oppose them

I wonder whether or not it's software vs. hardware as well.  Since the original IRH Mk1 640 was made with a FLIR sensor, I would love to compare one side to side with a Mk2.  I would think such a comparison would help sort out whether it's the sensor or the software, but there again I believe they changed the display too which would also affect the comparison.  I think there are pictures on here somewhere of exactly that comparison, but I'd still like to see it through the actual devices.  I have yet to look through a thermal device that blows me away like my L3 AN/PAS-13G LWTS, but I must say the pictures posted on here through the Mk2 units look awfully good...  The online pics through the IRH Mk2 and Patrol look markedly better than the pictures/videos posted of FLIR devices.  Now if they could just get their software straightened out and X/Y axis display added.  I keep talking myself into and then out of buying a Mk2 or Patrol, but I don't truly need another thermal.  Seeing all the options out now, I'm so VERY glad I did not drop the $$ on that FLIR RS-64 35mm that I had in my Optics Planet cart a little over a year ago ready to hit the submit order button  Also, I was under the impression the LWTS had a DRS core not BAE, am I wrong there?  Whatever it has inside it, I like it
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder whether or not it's software vs. hardware as well. Since the original IRH Mk1 640 was made with a FLIR sensor, I would love to compare one side to side with a Mk2. I would think such a comparison would help sort out whether it's the sensor or the software, but there again I believe they changed the display too which would also affect the comparison. I think there are pictures on here somewhere of exactly that comparison, but I'd still like to see it through the actual devices. I have yet to look through a thermal device that blows me away like my L3 AN/PAS-13G LWTS, but I must say the pictures posted on here through the Mk2 units look awfully good... The online pics through the IRH Mk2 and Patrol look markedly better than the pictures/videos posted of FLIR devices. Now if they could just get their software straightened out and X/Y axis display added. I keep talking myself into and then out of buying a Mk2 or Patrol, but I don't truly need another thermal. Seeing all the options out now, I'm so VERY glad I did not drop the $$ on that FLIR RS-64 35mm that I had in my Optics Planet cart a little over a year ago ready to hit the submit order button  Also, I was under the impression the LWTS had a DRS core not BAE, am I wrong there? Whatever it has inside it, I like it
View Quote

You are correct on the DRS being in the LWTS.  I mis spoke.

I would also like to see a side by side comparison of the two scopes under varying conditions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#13]
can you guys direct me to thermal scopes that do have coordinate systems.   or pre-sets.  To my knowledge the ATN thor units do. (four I believe)
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ATN ThOR - 4 presets
FLIR RS- 3 presets
Armasight Zeus - 1 preset
N-Vision TWS - 1 Preset
Pulsar APEX(when it is released) - 3 presets

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
can you guys direct me to thermal scopes that do have coordinate systems.   or pre-sets.  To my knowledge the ATN thor units do. (four I believe)
ATN ThOR - 4 presets
FLIR RS- 3 presets
Armasight Zeus - 1 preset
N-Vision TWS - 1 Preset
Pulsar APEX(when it is released) - 3 presets

Thanks for posting that.   I did receive a response from IRdefense this morning regarding adding coordinates and pre-sets to the IR hunter MK II.  Quote: "It is not a feature planned for anytime soon."    

He did mention asking the coder to see if it's possible.

So, if you are sitting on a pile of cash waiting for this feature.  Isn't going to happen any time soon.   Those listed above are your best option if you want presets or coordinates to use on multiple platforms.   Like most companies, if many people ask enough, then maybe they will get a move on it.  This is discouraging.   I've seen it many times where the hardware is there but the software just sucks in parts.  Don't get me wrong, it all doesn't suck but as previously stated, each system will have it's pros and cons.   Probably the best work around is counting hash marks on the zeroing screen and taking notes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Please look through a MK II and let us know what you think.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MK only... If there are issues with the IR only whey are they not addressing them.........FLIR is not addressing the RS-32 units  
Please look through a MK II and let us know what you think.  
I had the chance to get time behind a IRH 640 MKII this Sunday.  It has a better image than the FLIR RS-64, agreed. Is it apples to oranges as was stated here, IMO I don't feel like it , it's red apples to green apples, but yes it IS better, does it offset the SW issues or the unproven customer service? I have to say no for a competitive similarly priced unit like FLIR that will bend over backwards to replace/repair your unit in a day or so. I will say the IRH has an entire echelon better screen/function control system with the knobs, hands down. FLIR is two generations behind in this category. So at this point it really boils down to what you want for your investment.  With FLIR you get constant upgrades you can do yourself, poor function adjustability admittedly. Better customer service than you can get with any company I have had experience with.  A display that is inferior to the competition, but not so significantly inferior, that it has kept me from killing or seeing an animal.    You also get the  the ability to save 3 rifle /load presets.  IRD same price point, proven SW issues, better menu adjustment system and display, completely unproven warranty and a required trip to the factory for who knows how long, on your dime there and back no doubt, for SW upgrades.  No option to save presets and no proven reliable way to save sight in coordinates by counting clicks or watching the bar location. For myself that's it in a nutshell, if I'm spending $6k I want it to be coverd warranty wise and upgrade-able without having to send it in. Warranty and customer support is my number one concern on a relatively expensive purchase, YMMV. I don't want the cutting edge Delorian that will be gone in the foreseeable future because of service / inexperience issues regardless of the "now" cool factor.  I still would like to give IRD a try with the patrol but not with the current mount for rifle systems.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#18]
The software update thing worries me as well.   After speaking with IR defense, while friendly, didn't really make me feel like my concern over pre sets or coordinates was a concern of theirs.   Time will tell but I havnt heard back if the coder could in fact implement this request.  If a month goes by and I haven't heard anything, then I'll feel pretty much written off on the request.  I can live without presents or coordinates but it sure would be nice.  I mean there's several listed companies that have this

Look, if you guys want features, get on the horn and call IR Defense.  It's the way things get done.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#19]
My Flir wasn't immune to software issues, it wouldn't remember the last settings while telling me it was on Black hot but displaying white hot.  The RS line also had software issues early on with POI changing through different zoom levels.  These issue have all been corrected to Flir's credit.   So to me seeing first gen IRH MK1's with zoom POI issues wasn't a deal breaker because they also fixed the problem.  That being said there are a number of features that I find better on the IRH than what the Flir has to offer:  

Controls.  They are just plain easier when its 10 deg. out and wearing gloves.
Sacrificial window covering the germanium, no brainer there.  
Better reticles for ranging objects.
Batteries.  Cold drains them fast, and its just easier to change batteries rather than hook up a charger in the field.
Display brightness.  No problem using the IRH as a day scope, for one the picture is excellent and second you can see the picture in the view finder.  The RS is way to dim for daytime use, at night its not an issue but takes away the versatility of a day scope.
Clip on.  In front of a NXS 1-4 with Larue mount it works perfectly.  
Depth of field and thermal definition.  Hands down better than the FLIR.  The IRH makes positive ID no problem, no need to double check with NV.  There are times during the night under certain conditions that the Flir would auto gain itself into uselessness as far as target definition, I wasn't happy with that.  Same conditions the MK2 shines.  
Design, its frivolous but I just like the looks better.  Looks like a scope.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Very good points
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Batteries.  Cold drains them fast, and its just easier to change batteries rather than hook up a charger in the field.

View Quote

I have to disagree with that right there.  I was REALLY disappointed with FLIR RS using an internal rechargeable battery when it first came out, but I soon realized that IT COULD RUN ON AN EXTERNAL POWER SOURCE ON A USB CABLE, and the RS itself has power requirements (draw, voltage, etc.) that are compatible with LOTS of off the shelf usb battery packs, such as this:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-PowerPak-Shockproof-Smartphones/dp/B00DUKJ5CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410332833&sr=8-1&keywords=trent+powerpak+extreme

So all it would take is one reach of the hand to plug in the usb cable and the scope is gtg for more than 24 hrs straight.

I believe UNV has said that IRD is working on some kind of external power option right now for the IR Hunter.  PLEASE LET IT BE A USB POWERED BATTERY PACK LIKE THE ONE ABOVE!

If the IR Hunter can solve just one shortcoming (from my personal perspective), either the elevation/windage coordinates or the lack of external, rechargeable power option, then, to me, it will be the best option in the market currently.

Until then, it is still just a little short, and quite a bit too inconvenient to for me to jump in with six grands...
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#23]
One thing I have learned about taking notes on the IR Hunter zero coordinates. At 1x each click is 1.2 moa . At 8x each click is .150 moa. I took a picture of the grid with my phone at 8x . That way if I move it I can go back to it at 8x and only be off .150 moa per click if I don't get it back exactly where it was originally. That's the best I can explain it. I hope it can be understood. I use mine for hog hunting. Getting to within 50 yards of a hog at night is easy. That's cuts any error in zero in half again. I would like to see numbered coordinates in the Mark 2 also, but I would not trade it for an inferior image .
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm not talking Arizona cold, more like 0F and below.  As others have said, high speed low drag.  I don't want wires, charger packs all attached to my gun that rip off or snag when I'm pulling it in and out of my pack.  Everyone has their own personal preference, my point was I found more useful features on the MK2 than the Flir and the bottom line was the thermal clarity.  For me getting a good image with target definition (not washout) was where it was at.  Walking miles back from a stand after missing a shot that your 6k scope couldn't decipher dogs from trees, rocks, or warm sky wasn't good enough.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Kitty cat? Any pics of you cuddling with him?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Cool pick right there !
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here is an image of an adhesive foot warmer stuck to a target at 98 yards on the different digital zoom levels. This image is from the day time. It was mid 40s, windy, and dry.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6/tnadair/ARFCOM/MKII_Sight_In_Hand_Warmer_zpsd8sosm1o.jpg

View Quote

that's how I sighted mine in.   The 8x was very helpful in getting it with in an inch space  at 100 yards
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#31]
What is the current availably on the MK II units in both 1.5X and 2.5X models? If there is a lead time how long is it out?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did you know the MK II also has the capability for a 1 shot zero? Snap a pic, unlock the reticle, move reticle to POI. Boom!  

You could also use the image capture function to save multiple reticle positions for different rifles. To re-zero your MK II simply review the appropriate image, unlock the reticle, adjust the reticle to the correct POI, then exit image review. Make sure to avoid using the digital zoom when reviewing images as this will not work and will exit image review.
View Quote

If I'm understanding you correctly, snap a pic.  Review the pic.  But how do you move the reticle?  Does the picture of the pic stay in plce while you are moving the reticle?  More details please
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

You got it. Unlock your reticle, review an image, without exiting image review(turning top turret) turn left turret up until you get to level 5. Make your adjustments while the image is still displayed, then go down to level 7 and exit image review.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you know the MK II also has the capability for a 1 shot zero? Snap a pic, unlock the reticle, move reticle to POI. Boom!  
You could also use the image capture function to save multiple reticle positions for different rifles. To re-zero your MK II simply review the appropriate image, unlock the reticle, adjust the reticle to the correct POI, then exit image review. Make sure to avoid using the digital zoom when reviewing images as this will not work and will exit image review.

If I'm understanding you correctly, snap a pic.  Review the pic.  But how do you move the reticle?  Does the picture of the pic stay in plce while you are moving the reticle?  More details please
You got it. Unlock your reticle, review an image, without exiting image review(turning top turret) turn left turret up until you get to level 5. Make your adjustments while the image is still displayed, then go down to level 7 and exit image review.  

Great info, thanks!  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you please explain this process to me in a way some one who does not own the scope can understand? This is a big deal to me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Can you please explain this process to me in a way some one who does not own the scope can understand? This is a big deal to me.  Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it makes perfect sense as Tyler stated it above. Obviously you won't be able to perform/practice it until you have your scope in hand. All you do is choose your saved image linked to a particular rifle, then move the real-time reticle until it overlaps/ co-witnesses the saved reticle.
The only question is.. Who figured this out?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Ok, I'm an idiot...

How do you get the scope to save the reticle when you snap a pic? On my unit, the captured picture within the scope memory does not have a reticle that's locked to the picture. In other words, when I turn the knobs to move the reticle, there's only one reticle on the screen, and it moves.

"All you do is choose your saved image linked to a particular rifle, then move the real-time reticle until it overlaps/ co-witnesses the saved reticle."

Hard to do when there's no saved reticle...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#41]
when you take a screen capture, does the reticle need to be pointed at a heat source like an aluminum bullseye or thermal patch?  Does there need to be anything in the picture other than the reticle?   If it's simply take a picture of anything and then move the reticle to the imprinted reticle in the photo, then that's easy.   I am more of a visual learner, so I'll have to go home and play with my scope to see how this is done.   Neat concept.   I don't have a video cable but I'm wondering if it's possible to take that screen capture, download it, label it with the rifle you are using with photoshop and then upload it back to a directory where it can be seen by the scope.   Here's hoping.

If that doesn't work, then maybe I can screen capture a certain object that will tip me off to which rifle the reticle belongs to.  Like capturing a tree for 223 and a rock or something like that for 308.

For example, (hypothetically) I know that this particular animal was associated with my 308 rifle.    Because I know this, I can always dial in that rifle on this particular image

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I will put together a quick video to demonstrate the on-shot-zero and reticle position recall to explain.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6/tnadair/ARFCOM/EE6420EA-BA56-4EE0-9C04-C9DDE4E984F1_zpshrz2u769.jpg  
View Quote

Looking forward to seeing this.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Me too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#45]
So I've got a question, maybe two:

I just ordered an IR Hunter MK2-35.

On the IR Defense website, they show, on the product page for the MK2 "actual pictures" from MK2 units both with both color reticles and palettes.

The main MK2 page shows a color screen: http://www.irdefense.com/m2-main.html

The features pages shows all sorts of color output: http://www.irdefense.com/m2-main-fat.html

Now, everything I've seen from a screen capture shows monochrome output.

However, the product PDF lists color as  "(Optional)."

Does anyone have any idea as to if IR Defense is simply trying to hype up the MK2 by using color pictures from other units, or if there really is an option for a MK2 with color output and palettes?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So I've got a question, maybe two:

I just ordered an IR Hunter MK2-35.

On the IR Defense website, they show, on the product page for the MK2 "actual pictures" from MK2 units both with both color reticles and palettes.

The main MK2 page shows a color screen: http://www.irdefense.com/m2-main.html

The features pages shows all sorts of color output: http://www.irdefense.com/m2-main-fat.html

Now, everything I've seen from a screen capture shows monochrome output.

However, the product PDF lists color as  "(Optional)."

Does anyone have any idea as to if IR Defense is simply trying to hype up the MK2 by using color pictures from other units, or if there really is an option for a MK2 with color output and palettes?

View Quote

It says 10 preset color pallets to pick from on your second link, I think you see most pictures in black/white/grey because it gives you the most detail / contrast.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#47]
It's super confusing, as the VGA output screen is "monochrome."

Q: does the IR Hunter Mark 2 have color reticles or color palettes... Or is it completely gray scale?

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't own a MK2, however I believe the initial plan for the MK2 was to repeat the MK1's use of multiple color palettes.  The MK2 that I was able to fondle was only black-hot, white-hot (and 3 settings of each) plus the outline mode.

As far as the MK1 and color, walking around inside and looking at people, or waking around outside and looking at recently parked cars, in one colored setting (yellow-hot, purple-cool) is neat, with the other modes being pretty much useless, but cool for the first 5 minutes you own the scope.   Using the MK1 to scan for wildlife, there was no contest, black-hot and white-hot are simply the modes that work best-  much better than the other colored modes.  

I suppose IRH might want to change their website.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Q: does the IR Hunter Mark 2 have color reticles or color palettes... Or is it comely gray scale?

View Quote

Greyscale.    MK1 had a different core
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Q: does the IR Hunter Mark 2 have color reticles or color palettes... Or is it comely gray scale?

Thank you GThirteen and delirious1!

So, that means the the IR Defense website implies that the MK2 is multi-pallette due to the pictures, which is certainly deceptive.

I'm sorta curious as to why they feel the need to show color options on their MK2 product page...

Granted, it looks like a decent unit, and I'm curious to see how the updated firmware will work out and what it will fix.

Looks like they are 3-5 weeks out right now (I ordered one on Friday).

What I'm still trying to figure out is: on one of the PDF brochure for the IR Hunter Mark 2 it says "Basic Features: EZ-Zoom, Polarity (optional color)"

So, I'm wondering what the "optional color" is...

Now the issue at play is that this is not an IR Defense brochure, but a TNVC one (page 2) [didnt catch that originally]

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5512&t=13312959&p=1&random=1991924475878477

Frankly, I wouldn't mind color reticules...  Since it appears the MK2 is not like some of the other devices I've used that auto-inverse the reticle color when you move it from a light object to a dark object, etc.

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top