Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2016 7:25:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. I'd like to shoot one. They look fun.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
GAWD!!
That's awesome. I'm thinking of selling off my QC10 9mm ar to pick one of these up.

This thread will cost me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy had one of the older 45s. and sold it.  The 9mm would have my attention if I weren't building a (mm AR.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine jams a bit here and there and absolutely refuses to eat any hollow points whatsoever.  It has a really bad habit of pushing the bullet into the casing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, let me know if yours does any better with them.  How much oil do you run in your Vector?  I'm wondering if maybe mine jams up due to me running it too wet.  Might try going lighter on the oil.  And I mostly run suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
OST.

Like I said, one of these may be my next big purchase. Curious about HP jams etc.

I would love to see updates to this thread on any issues, or lack there of.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine jams a bit here and there and absolutely refuses to eat any hollow points whatsoever.  It has a really bad habit of pushing the bullet into the casing.
View Quote

Disappointing to hear! What's up with 9mm carbines and HP ammo not playing nicely?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad to hear someone is having good luck, because, against my better judgement, I also just ordered a G II 9mm CRB. The prices have finally come down to sane levels.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#12]
hey man, that thing looks awesome! I would love a 9mm Kriss. Good buy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Way Way Back Kriss advised my shop to NOT take their carbine and cut the barrel extension off to make an SBR, that it wouldn't run right.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Way Way Back Kriss advised my shop to NOT take their carbine and cut the barrel extension off to make an SBR, that it wouldn't run right.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?
View Quote

That was never the case.  They have always run good as an SBR (both 4" & 5" barrels).  The problem is you cannot remove the barrel from the lower so cutting it down is easy but not threading it.  There is one company I have heard of that made a jig to hold the lower in a lathe so that they can cut and thread the barrel properly.  that is why most people (including me) purchased an SDP pistol and then just added a stock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice set up.  I picked one up 1 month ago and its great.  I shoot it with a Tirant 9 and waiting on the stamp.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Will be following this. At one time I read if you buy the pistol version, SBR and add the factory stock it voids the warranty. still true?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Will be following this. At one time I read if you buy the pistol version, SBR and add the factory stock it voids the warranty. still true?
View Quote

Where did you read this?  I talked with the Kriss customer service guys when I SBR'd mine and they said the warranty was covered.  I used a factory folding stock, maybe they were talking about not adding some after market parts.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where did you read this?  I talked with the Kriss customer service guys when I SBR'd mine and they said the warranty was covered.  I used a factory folding stock, maybe they were talking about not adding some after market parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their website https://kriss-usa.com/faq

"KRISS USA offers a conversion service to convert your CRB/SDP to an SBR. You can ship the firearm to us and we will replace the 16” barrel of a CRB with a 5.5” threaded barrel assembly or remove the pistol end attachment of the SDP and replace it with a folding stock. Since the SBR is considered a class 3/NFA weapon, we will need to complete the appropriate paperwork with the ATF prior to transferring it to your class 3 FFL/SOT dealer. There is a charge for this service, please contact us for a quote.For SDP to SBR conversions, we recommend you send the firearm to us to do the conversion. The conversion consists of removing the butted end piece and adding a folding stock. Similar to the CRB to SBR conversion, we will complete the appropriate paperwork with the ATF to register the class 3/NFA SBR. Removing the butted end piece from the SDP is more complicated than it seems. Please note, any attempts to modify our firearms will result in a voided warranty. As such, we don't recommend individual users attempt to remove the butted end piece themselves as this will void the warranty. There is a charge for this service.For more information on SBR conversions, please contact us."
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"KRISS USA offers a conversion service to convert your CRB/SDP to an SBR. You can ship the firearm to us and we will replace the 16” barrel of a CRB with a 5.5” threaded barrel assembly or remove the pistol end attachment of the SDP and replace it with a folding stock. Since the SBR is considered a class 3/NFA weapon, we will need to complete the appropriate paperwork with the ATF prior to transferring it to your class 3 FFL/SOT dealer. There is a charge for this service, please contact us for a quote.For SDP to SBR conversions, we recommend you send the firearm to us to do the conversion. The conversion consists of removing the butted end piece and adding a folding stock. Similar to the CRB to SBR conversion, we will complete the appropriate paperwork with the ATF to register the class 3/NFA SBR. Removing the butted end piece from the SDP is more complicated than it seems. Please note, any attempts to modify our firearms will result in a voided warranty. As such, we don't recommend individual users attempt to remove the butted end piece themselves as this will void the warranty. There is a charge for this service.For more information on SBR conversions, please contact us."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the upper is considered the firearm. Could one get the pistol, do the paperwork, and send the non-firearm lower to Kriss? Thus negating them having any paperwork/firearms-shipping issues?

Also last I checked, it's cheaper for them to convert the lower's stock than the upper's barrel. $300ish vs $450ish from memory?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I just read the part where it says any attempt to "modify" the firearm will void the warranty.  Maybe the reason they told me the warranty was still valid is because I did not "modify" my Vector, I just "removed" the butt cap and installed the factory stock hinge.  And that part about "removing the butt cap is complicated then it seems"........total crap.  It took all of 10 minutes and I think (not sure) the tutorial I saw on Youtube came from Kriss.

I don't know how the upper is considered the firearm when the "lower" is that part that has the serial number engraved into the steel frame.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just read the part where it says any attempt to "modify" the firearm will void the warranty.  Maybe the reason they told me the warranty was still valid is because I did not "modify" my Vector, I just "removed" the butt cap and installed the factory stock hinge.  And that part about "removing the butt cap is complicated then it seems"........total crap.  It took all of 10 minutes and I think (not sure) the tutorial I saw on Youtube came from Kriss.

I don't know how the upper is considered the firearm when the "lower" is that part that has the serial number engraved into the steel frame.
View Quote

"As such, we don't recommend individual users attempt to remove the butted end piece themselves as this will void the warranty. There is a charge for this service.For more information on SBR conversions, please contact us."

OP it's definitely a cool item. Nice purchase!
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#22]
"The conversion consists of removing the butted end piece and adding a folding stock. Similar to the CRB to SBR conversion, we will complete the appropriate paperwork with the ATF to register the class 3/NFA SBR. Removing the butted end piece from the SDP is more complicated than it seems. Please note, any attempts to modify our firearms will result in a voided warranty. As such, we don't recommend individual users attempt to remove the butted end piece themselves as this will void the warranty. There is a charge for this service.For more information on SBR conversions, please contact us.
View Quote

Really?  Taking a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the head of the retaining bolt in size and slowly drilling down about a 1/8" inch until the head of the bolt separates is "more complicated than it seems?"  And that will void the warranty?  Well shit all, guess I voided the warranty of my WHOLE GUN by removing that little plastic butt on the gun.  

I'm sorry, Kriss, I do not have an engineering degree nor am I exceptionally mechanically inclined.  I did not realize that I somehow disturbed the delicate little machine that you designed by removing that plastic end piece.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Really?  Taking a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the head of the retaining bolt in size and slowly drilling down about a 1/8" inch until the head of the bolt separates is "more complicated than it seems?"  And that will void the warranty?  Well shit all, guess I voided the warranty of my WHOLE GUN by removing that little plastic butt on the gun.  

I'm sorry, Kriss, I do not have an engineering degree nor am I exceptionally mechanically inclined.  I did not realize that I somehow disturbed the delicate little machine that you designed by removing that plastic end piece.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"The conversion consists of removing the butted end piece and adding a folding stock. Similar to the CRB to SBR conversion, we will complete the appropriate paperwork with the ATF to register the class 3/NFA SBR. Removing the butted end piece from the SDP is more complicated than it seems. Please note, any attempts to modify our firearms will result in a voided warranty. As such, we don't recommend individual users attempt to remove the butted end piece themselves as this will void the warranty. There is a charge for this service.For more information on SBR conversions, please contact us.

But I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night...........Since I did not get my conversation with Kriss customer service in writing I guess I voided my warranty.  But since I have at least 5,000 rounds through mine with zero problems, I am not going to sweat it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, I have had a few problems.  So, hopefully when I take it out this weekend and finish it's shake down period it'll start running as well as yours has been.  If not.... I'm boned!  Wheeeeeee!
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone seen if they are offering the pistol variant with a pistol brace on a folding mechanism?  I haven't been able to find a thing... This is really interesting, would likely trump putting together a Q10 pistol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Any updates on reliability?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I put about 300 rounds through mine without any problems (both suppressed and unsuppressed).   It is fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Put 77 rounds through mine yesterday.  First time I've shot it without experiencing any issues.  Limited my session to just two quality OEM Glock mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Put 77 rounds through mine yesterday.  First time I've shot it without experiencing any issues.  Limited my session to just two quality OEM Glock mags.
View Quote

Hmm.. I have a few pro mags.. Something to consider I suppose.
I'm still waiting for the kriss I want to come back in stock. Might have to dig out the OEM glock mags. For it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought a Kriss 9mm gen 2 pistol because of this thread.  Going to pick it up tonight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Let us know how your first range session goes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine just came in, will shoot it in the next couple days. Very nicely machined & finished. Anyone know the specs in the finish? My highly calibrated fingers and eyeballs make me think most metal components are nitrided (frame rails, "inertia block," barrel) except for the bolt, which looks and feels like some kind of ion bond type finish.

Also, 10mm is confirmed, per KRISS USA's web page.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#36]
This thread has helped fuel my self-indulgence this week!  All my LGS's only have the CRB carbine version, which is not ideal for SBR plans. My Class III LGS called KRISS for me today and asked if there was a factory SBR available to ship, then I'd take it on a Form4 from them (from my Class III LGS). Hopefully I'll hear something about a factory SBR tomorrow.

I started out wanting the 9mm Gen2, but there is at least one new factory .45 SBR in my state (Gen1, I think) I could purchase right away and get my Form4 sent in asap.  I'm now thinking a Vector in .45 wouldn't be too shabby either .  Whatever I can get my hands on, my Vector will get the Gen1 folding stock treatment and Glock mags.

Any more reports or updates?

eta in regards to Gen1 45 Vectors...
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]
My crb is a 45 grn 1, its great.  I like the gen 1 trigger better than the gen 2.  I'd buy a hen 1 SBR if it were available and affordable.

Was the factory folding stock as easy to install as it looks?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Enjoying mine quite a bit. One failure: bullet setback, mouth of case hung up while feeding.

Pro tip: grasp the charging handle at the base, not out toward the tip. When you grab the end, you essentially exert leverage pushing the forward part of the cocking assembly against the track it rides in, greatly increasing the force required. The CH really should be an MP5-style knob, rather than the long ass lever they used.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Last week I purchased the only Gen1 45 factory SBR (side-folder and sliding trigger) I could find within my state (new).  Will send in my paper Form4 this week!  I'll have to drive a few hours within my state to pick it up in 5-6 months...but, NO Form3/more waiting required FTW!  I'll have it submitted this week, well before July/41P.

Then this weekend I saw a Gen2 in 9mm, the enhanced carbine model.  Its gray with an M4 buffer tube and stock with a giant rectangular-fake barrel shroud. I had already found someone that'll cut/thread a Kriss barrel, after I strip the plastic housing from the "receiver" (remove the 3mm allen head screws from the body) and send it off .  A cool thing about Form1'ing the Gen2's is the small cut-out Kriss is now doing on the receiver, in the exact same shape, on the side opposite of where Kriss puts their own manufacturer text, city, etc. Its a small, oval shape, but a perfect and oem-looking  place for engraving text/trust name.  So the plan is to submit a Form1 on my second Kriss within the week.

Anyway, I ran 200 rounds through the loooong Gen2 Enhanced gray carbine with zero issues!  I mixed it up with hollow points,147 grain subs, brass cased ball ammo, and even aluminum cased ammo. Zero problems (forgot to mention the Enhanced carbine came with 2 G17 33 rounders)!  There'll be one more range session to confirm there's no issues before I get the barrel modified because Kriss is like the modification-Nazi when it comes to cancelling our warranties, which is only one to two years anyway .  I am really impressed with the simple but clean and effective design of these 9s an 45s.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I went to my LGS to start the work on buying a SBR 9mm Vector, not in stock so they have to order it but at least it'll be free of grubby hands. Looking at 6 to 8 weeks before the paper work is submitted to the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Nice to hear your review. I just picked up a gen 2 9mm in fde here on the forums. Can't wait!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Not that I expect it to be that heavy or anything but what's the recoil like?

Where would you sandwich it in between

22 Rifle
Lever gun in 30-30
AK74 in 5.45
AR15
AK47
308 rifle

Edit:
I just googled it and found out they have a white version. Lord that is speaking to me on a primal level. I can hear the drum beats. I've been looking at the Evo Carbine for USPSA PCC but I'm watching a review now and this makes me happy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd say the recoil of a 9mm Kriss carbine is quite a bit less than an AR 9mm rifle (both being 16'' barrels--apples to apples), way less than a 556 AR.  I think 90% of the "recoil magic" with the Vectors comes from full auto use, which most of us here are not going to take advantage of. It still has less recoil, but the platform shines with quick double taps/repeated fast firing. Keep in mind the FA version does 1200 rounds per minute!

The same ClassIII dealer I got my factory SBR from (older gen1 model in 45) had a white pistol in stock. Not sure its still there. Its called onlythebest. You could purchase it from your LGS and have it transferred (if its still there).  

This weekend I visited my usual LGS's and called all the major sellers in my area...no one had Kriss pistols available (one LGS employee admitted he had just purchased the only one his store had lol).

I like the white pistol also. You could pick up the Kriss folding skeleton stock, remove the plastic bits, and have it cerakoted to match your SBR'd pistol. Heck when you get your SBR engraved, have the engraver laser a big fat Death Star into the plastic over the receiver. Bad azz!!

eta the Kriss folding stock has the highest check weld of any of the options (sig brace pistol tube/ M4 carbine buffer tube).
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't understand why the KRISS Vector factory SBR ships with the M4 and not the folding stock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the KRISS Vector factory SBR ships with the M4 and not the folding stock.
View Quote

I think because it gives people the option to put a lot of different stocks on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#46]
As a CT resident, and prohibited from buying something like this, I am as jealous as a Bernie Sanders supporter who saw a hedge fund manager driving a Lamborghini!  

Just a cool looking piece of hardware!  All I can think of is android police officers, Jessica Biel, and Kate Beckinsale!

I am planning to move to FL in 2017.  If Hillary doesn't get everything banned, I am going to pick one up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I finally cleaned my gen2 9mm carbine after shooting over a week ago. Its a really cool design and super easy to take down and clean, minimal parts ftw!

I plan to Form1 it soon.  Has anyone successfully Form1'd a Kriss Vector SBR?

I'm thinking "Vector" as the model for my Form1, but there's not always much logic in the NFA forms.

On my factory SBR gen1 45, the model on the Form4 was listed as "SBR" and the block below  that was "sbr", but the ClassIII dealer completed the Form4. He's submitted many Form4's on Kriss SBR's so hopefully there'll be zero drama. The Form1 will be all me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#48]
This is for the carbine and not the pistol, correct? If so then contact KRISS as they can help plus install the shorter barrel which I read is not an easy task.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is for the carbine and not the pistol, correct? If so then contact KRISS as they can help plus install the shorter barrel which I read is not an easy task.
View Quote

I'll be taking care of shortening the barrel, etc. to make an SBR on my own.  There is at least one machine shop that has had great success with SBR'ing the carbine barrel.  I'm simply asking if anyone has submitted their own Form1 for a Vector SBR and gotten an approval/stamp back.

Believe me, I am aware of the Kriss SBR process, cost, and time schedule. It'd be at least a year wait for Kriss to do the work and get the NFA forms submitted/approved, and I'd be neck deep with my trust and 41p at that point.  If I wasn't trying to get my Form1 submitted by July, I may have just gone the factory SBR route through Kriss (Form1, Form3, then Form4 too).
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I submitted a Form 1 back in late February for my Kriss 9mm SDP. I'm hoping to get it back towards the end of May or early June.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top