User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Glock
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The first time I handled a Beretta Storm 9mm carbine I made a bad face and put it back on the rack.

Years later I found a used one and bought it for the hell of it.  It is ugly and plastic and feels cheap.

I upgraded the trigger and the beast shoots great.  It is still ugly but dammit, it is fun.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
vepr

at the time i said "no way" Robarm was the only importer

I wasn't going to deal with them
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Another gun I thought I would never have was a 243 of any kind, a buddy of mine had one and was always preaching 243 this and 243 that, I had a 6MM Rem and I just got sick of hearing about it after a while, but I recently broke down and bought one because the price was so good.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock and a AR. Ended up buying a G19 after trying different pistols that just didn't fit the bill like the G19 did. Bought a  LWRC M6A2 when there was no non-AR on the market that appealed to me at the time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
9mm's and revolvers.  I was strictly 40/45 guy. Now I have since sold off all my 40's and have 10 handguns in 9mm and 3 Smith 686's and a GP100. Go figure....bullet technology has changed a lot. Now I've said I'd never own a 380acp but am considering a p238 for deep pocket carry.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
9mm's and revolvers.  I was strictly 40/45 guy. Now I have since sold off all my 40's and have 10 handguns in 9mm and 3 Smith 686's and a GP100. Go figure....bullet technology has changed a lot. Now I've said I'd never own a 380acp but am considering a p238 for deep pocket carry.
View Quote
A .380 in HST's, Hydrashoks or XTP's is good ammo. The rest is garbage.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]
FNH 5.7, but I got it for 950.  I couldnt pass that up.  I'm glad I didn't it's my favorite handgun to shoot now.  The round does seem a little unpractical though, and expensive.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The S&W Shield. When it came out, all my friends were on lists with gun shops to try to get one. I had no interest at all. Then when the G42/43 came out and I started researching, I saw a lot of comparisons to the Shield. I ended up doing some reading, handled one and now its one of my favorite carry guns.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#10]
red rider bbgun with the compass in the stock and thing thay tells time
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
An AR15... it was too fragile, heavy, dirty, unreliable, and underpowered... until I actually tried one. Now I have many
View Quote

Never wanted a "poodle shooter" until Bill Clinton tried to prevent me from having one. I was a .30 rifle guy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Luger.  After I got rid of the first one I had, I swore I'd never get another.  Had to have 124 gr FMJ ammo to get it to cycle.  After I got rid of the second one I had, I swore I'd never get another.  Had to have 124 gr FMJ ammo to get it to cycle.  After I got rid of the third one I had, I swore I'd never get another.  Had to have 124 gr FMJ ammo to get it to cycle.

Six years later, I'm still safe with my vow to never get another.  Luger prices have got so stupid high, odds are very good that I'll actually never get another one.
View Quote

Never had that problem with any of mine, even bought a commercial in .30Luger. Love the workmanship. One of my better gun purchases investment wise.

BTW, if you shop around these days 124gr is as cheap as 115gr. I prefer to buy the 124gr if they are the same price.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Swore I'd never buy a 338 AI AXMC because my AIAT was sufficient... Ended up selling the AIAT for the AXMC.
Swore I'd never buy a Barrett M107A1 because the M82 was just fine... Ended up getting the M107A1 and the really expensive suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#14]
G17 - Now lives with Surefire X300 on nightstand.

Saiga 12 - Now is an SBS and supressed.

Mosin - Because...why? Still don't shoot it much.

AR-15 - Was a big M1/FAL guy,  7.62 guy really.  Figured to give the platform a fair shake I'd buy an SR-15. Now I chew through Wolf Gold and have multiple ARs.

M887 - I like Remingtons a lot.  Thought the 3.5" was cool. Liked the coating and the choke.  Hated how it broke down, was a jam o matic and overall just sucked. Only gun I was happy I sold. Fuck that gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I actually just bought a Beretta M9 today. Never liked them while I was active duty... but I'm trying to collect service weapon clones now. I actually went looking for an Alice Pack today... found the M9... bought it instead. Fuck.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top