Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You can do what I did, and call your bank card to request a chargeback. Be prepared to get a monthly invoice demanding a sizable "restocking fee" on a rifle that doesn't exist. Makes me chuckle each month, when I get one.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My deposit is non-refundable.

So I'm sort of in it for the long run.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't they shipping to reviewers the first batch, then start filling customer orders with the second?

Either they weren't expecting such a high amount of orders, or are dealing with a serious QC flaw.

This was supposed to be the "end all bullpup," now I'm just wondering if the damn thing will work when I get it

Or it could be something else completely.  The sky isn't falling and I think that DT just wants to release the best rifle they can.  As I've said before, this is going to make or break their company, so unlike Kel-Tec which can release a new product and let the owners beta test it while they crank out a myriad of handguns and other unicorn horns, DT has one chance.  

If you're so worried, then cancel your order (if you have one) and just wait to buy one next year.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I just looked at my order and they have changed the expected ship date from June to November, looks like I have more waiting ahead for me. I was really hoping to have it here in the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You can do what I did, and call your bank card to request a chargeback. Be prepared to get a monthly invoice demanding a sizable "restocking fee" on a rifle that doesn't exist. Makes me chuckle each month, when I get one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't they shipping to reviewers the first batch, then start filling customer orders with the second?

Either they weren't expecting such a high amount of orders, or are dealing with a serious QC flaw.

This was supposed to be the "end all bullpup," now I'm just wondering if the damn thing will work when I get it

Or it could be something else completely.  The sky isn't falling and I think that DT just wants to release the best rifle they can.  As I've said before, this is going to make or break their company, so unlike Kel-Tec which can release a new product and let the owners beta test it while they crank out a myriad of handguns and other unicorn horns, DT has one chance.  

If you're so worried, then cancel your order (if you have one) and just wait to buy one next year.

Yea...but we all like...in the group by o'er d'er bullpup forums matey.... and dey got err monays by de ballz
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yea...but we all like...in the group by o'er d'er bullpup forums matey.... and dey got err monays by de ballz
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's interest on a couple hundred thousand?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I was literally about to get in line with my 2.25k order, before I thought I'd check this thread for any updates. I'm glad I checked here first. It really will be a great rifle once it actually exists. Maybe then I'll get in line.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
No worries end of Oct you will get notified its been moved to Feb as they need to spend all that interest they earned on holding your money so are throwing a Christmas party in LV for 2 weeks for the entire crew. To bad that will add 3 more weeks to delivery.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was literally about to get in line with my 2.25k order, before I thought I'd check this thread for any updates. I'm glad I checked here first. It really will be a great rifle once it actually exists. Maybe then I'll get in line.
View Quote

they used that money to buy the machines to build the guns. Sad but true. I want one but this masadaesque
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

they used that money to buy the machines to build the guns. Sad but true. I want one but this masadaesque
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I gave all of the money to my friend Jiggs Casey, and with it he built a nuclear weapon... And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't call anymore."

All jokes aside, do you have any evidence to point to this instead of development issues?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
New video update

https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/videos/1244366345594105/

Failures currently at 1 per 4K rounds. They explained the delays as every time they hit a failure point for a certain part they re-engineer that part and essentially redesign the rifle so in order to get it to where they want it  just keeps getting pushed back.

New release date nov./December IF everything goes as planned. So in a perfect world it is released Jan1.

Probably April if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Get an RDB
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New video update

https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/videos/1244366345594105/

Failures currently at 1 per 4K rounds. They explained the delays as every time they hit a failure point for a certain part they re-engineer that part and essentially redesign the rifle so in order to get it to where they want it  just keeps getting pushed back.

New release date nov./December IF everything goes as planned. So in a perfect world it is released Jan1.

Probably April if you ask me.
View Quote

Full quote from post below.

September 2, 2016

Dear Valued Customers,
Many of you have asked how well the MDR functions, you can see for yourself. The gun runs awesome and has been for a long time now. We have been validating the first batches of production parts for the past three months. Understand that production parts are not the same as the prototype parts and we must ensure everything is properly toleranced, in specification, and maintains the same strength and durability as the prototyped predecessors. This means we shoot the production guns until we break something; then re-engineer the problem part, remake, and start shooting again. We have hit several unexpected snags along the way but to date we have successfully proofed the MDR’s to approx. 4000 rounds with no part failures or malfunctions. We expect our current engineering improvements to greatly increase the round count. Unfortunately, each time a part fails then it takes 7 to 21 days to do another cycle depending on the part. We are completing what we hope is the final cycle at the end of next week. As of today it is not possible to meet the 3rd quarter shipping date that we committed to. The earliest possible time that production guns could hit the streets is November/December timeline. I apologize for the additional delay but know that we are working as quickly and diligently as possible to make the MDR’s absolutely fantastic. From this point forward I will post an update on the first day of every month until MDR’s are shipping to keep you our valued customers in the loop.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Vaporware, too bad, I thought this was an interesting design and could have been a big seller.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Something doesn't make sense.

Desert Tech said how many months ago that guns were in production, yet this update indicates that production parts are a maximum of three months old.

Can someone explain how Desert Tech has conflicting statements? Didn't think so.

And then there's the whole "third quarter" release date...

The video I just watched is the video that should have been shown how many years ago at the initial unveiling at SHOT.

If I had money in this, I would be thoroughly unhappy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Desert Tech said how many months ago that guns were in production, yet this update indicates that production parts are a maximum of three months old.

Can someone explain how Desert Tech has conflicting statements? Didn't think so.

The video I just watched is the video that should have been shown how many years ago at the initial unveiling at SHOT.

View Quote

I thought the same, did they not say they were done designing and began producing them for sale quite awhile ago? Now they're still testing shit for an unknown amount of months with no firm ETA on even a final design, let alone ship date, again. I'm so glad I didn't pre-order when they were first offered, and I'd be a bit pissed now if I had.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like they are becoming the drama queens of the bullpup world. A few years ago didn't they ask in on a competition for Pakistani sniper rifles then do a big press release about how they turned it down because of pakistan's shadyness? Also I seem to recall a few years ago when release was "eminent" the first time they flew a bunch of reviewers out to test the rifle. But the reviewers were given rifles made with rapid prototype parts because they hadn't finalized the design. That alone was a huge WTF if you don't have the design finalized enough to get away from 3D printed parts you are not anywhere near release.

It's a shame because the rifle looks like it will be awesome when it comes out but desert tech appears to have a problem with grandstanding. If they had shut the hell up about the rifle until it was ready like say ruger does then there would not be a cloud of negativity hanging over the product.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Reminds me of the MSAR "aug"  and was it TPD,  at least MSAR got out a number of rifles.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the MSAR "aug"  and was it TPD,  at least MSAR got out a number of rifles.
View Quote

TPD made rifles too. From all accounts that I remember very nice ones. The guy who owned it has gotten on here before. If I recall correctly the death blow for them was he used as many genuine styer parts as possible and when they decided they were re entering the AUG market they stopped selling him the parts he needed. Plus when the real deal comes in selling at your price point that's gotta hurt sales.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#18]
This is getting ridiculous.  It wouldnt be near as big of a disappointment if it wasnt an election year.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is gettinghas long been ridiculous.
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Iam glad they are taking reliability seriously. Maybe they keltec should take some pointers
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#21]
If they fuck this up(any more) will it mean the end of desert tech?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, they've still got their bolt actions that are well regarded. Besides, it does seem like they'll get the MDR out eventually, they'll just never have credibility for pre-orders again.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so. The now established respect they have in the long range precision community with the SRS, HTI and Trasol, will remain. Almost every top tier precision barrel maker has DT contoured blanks now. It will certainly have an effect on future project announcements, with the SRS magazine debacle and now this.

I just hope to have my rifle if and when there's there's a new swearing in of a potentially disruptive POTUS. Filled with cheap, breakable, replaceable parts if necessary.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't think so. The now established respect they have in the long range precision community with the SRS, HTI and Trasol, will remain. Almost every top tier precision barrel maker has DT contoured blanks now. It will certainly have an effect on future project announcements, with the SRS magazine debacle and now this.

I just hope to have my rifle if and when there's there's a new swearing in of a potentially disruptive POTUS. Filled with cheap, breakable, replaceable parts if necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't give a flip about all this whining about delays. But, I do want to get the MDR before the possibility that a democrat gets elected. That actually does bother me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't give a flip about all this whining about delays. But, I do want to get the MDR before the possibility that a democrat gets elected. That actually does bother me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I'm going to be flamed for saying this but 4000 rounds of reliability would suit my needs just fine.  I know thats terrible thinking but in reality its risk vs reward for me and the risk of prices skyrocketing and it not being available if it keeps being pushed back is far outweighing the supposed reward of a "perfect" (obviously thats my words not their's) firearm.

Plus I really just want to start a Form 1.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I know I'm going to be flamed for saying this but 4000 rounds of reliability would suit my needs just fine.  I know thats terrible thinking but in reality its risk vs reward for me and the risk of prices skyrocketing and it not being available if it keeps being pushed back is far outweighing the supposed reward of a "perfect" (obviously thats my words not their's) firearm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya, i agree with you there....well malfunction anyway....parts breaking@4k rnds would bother for a 2k rifle....unless they ship with said part and then send replacement part with proper tolerances after its fixed. Still better than keltec that makes 200 beta test rifles and considers a product line "shipped"....doesn't work worth a shit and you can't get any of them for 4 years...the new vid of the guy shooting, the MDR looked sweet, so im in for the wait....theres no other 308 other than SR25 i want anyway...
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I have not had that hard of a time getting hard to find kel tec guns but then again I dont just call my local mom and pop gun shop and get put on a list. I have also not had any problems with guns they have produced in the last 5-6 years. Before that it was a crap shoot on some models

Quoted:

Ya, i agree with you there....well malfunction anyway....parts breaking@4k rnds would bother for a 2k rifle....unless they ship with said part and then send replacement part with proper tolerances after its fixed. Still better than keltec that makes 200 beta test rifles and considers a product line "shipped"....doesn't work worth a shit and you can't get any of them for 4 years...the new vid of the guy shooting, the MDR looked sweet, so im in for the wait....theres no other 308 other than SR25 i want anyway...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have not had that hard of a time getting hard to find kel tec guns but then again I dont just call my local mom and pop gun shop and get put on a list. I have also not had any problems with guns they have produced in the last 5-6 years. Before that it was a crap shoot on some models
View Quote

Good for you, but, I've had the opposite experience and so have a number of other people. When KelTec first offered the RFB I had to wait for over a year before I could find one for sale anywhere on the internet (where I do most of my firearms shopping). After I finally received it and took it to the range, an empty shell casing jammed inside the ejection chute. I had to wait till I got home to disassemble the rifle and remove the stuck casing. The only good experience I had with KelTec was their customer service. I e-mailed them the problem and they mailed me a new, enlarged ejection chute for free (not even a shipping charge). That fixed the empty casing ejection problem. However, after a second range trip I noticed that the RFB would feed reliably with OEM FN FAL magazines, but, not with any other FAL magazines. I had a number of brand new DSA manufactured metric FAL magazines which would not feed reliably at all. I sold it.  

In the mean time I was looking to buy a KelTec KSG shotgun. I waited for over a year for that one also. No one had them available for sale online and after about 1 1/2 year I unexpectedly came across one at a local gunstore for about $1,200.00. By that time I lost all interest in things KelTec. And by the way, I never use "...my local mom and pop gun shop" for anything. Most everything I buy is from internet sales across the country searching for the best deals. I'm glad for you that you have that magical touch finding hard to find items without even breaking a sweat while the rest of us have to wait years for a company to release a product because we don't have your vast knowledge and experience using the Dark Net. Good for you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good for you, but, I've had the opposite experience and so have a number of other people.
View Quote

FWIW, I'm also NOT one of that "number of other people" - my Gen2 RFB runs well.  I did once (recently) have it jam the empties inside the ejection chute, but I quickly realized it was a boneheaded operator error during reassembly after the previous cleaning.  I simply field-stripped the gun (at the range of course), removed the empty casings, and re-assembled the chute properly (this time), then proceeded to shoot through a bunch more rounds out of my Thermold and DSA magazines.

I continue to be amazed by the folks who badmouth KelTec for taking 2 production generations to get things right, then immediately announce how they're waiting on new gun X to come out and expect it to be perfect upon (eventual) release.  Furthermore, does anyone expect there to NOT be rampant scalping and price gouging if DT ever does get the MDR to market?  I guess that's to be KelTec's fault somehow also?????  
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FWIW, I'm also NOT one of that "number of other people" - my Gen2 RFB runs well.  I did once (recently) have it jam the empties inside the ejection chute, but I quickly realized it was a boneheaded operator error during reassembly after the previous cleaning.  I simply field-stripped the gun (at the range of course), removed the empty casings, and re-assembled the chute properly (this time), then proceeded to shoot through a bunch more rounds out of my Thermold and DSA magazines.

I continue to be amazed by the folks who badmouth KelTec for taking 2 production generations to get things right, then immediately announce how they're waiting on new gun X to come out and expect it to be perfect upon (eventual) release.  Furthermore, does anyone expect there to NOT be rampant scalping and price gouging if DT ever does get the MDR to market?  I guess that's to be KelTec's fault somehow also?????  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for you, but, I've had the opposite experience and so have a number of other people.

Proves my point, Keltec basically sends gen1 stuff out on a very limited basis that next to noone can get their hands on, then gets beta tested by paying customers. Its their company, and they can do what they want, but people are whiningnthat DT is "taking forever" and "vapourware" bullshit....personally id rather wait than pay 2k to beta test a new rifle....
From my experience ive never been able to find any keltec product i wanted within a 1-1.5 yr timeframe....and when they were finally available they were buggy....still waitiing on the Grendel bullpup thats allegedly been "out" for a while....

Id have loved to buy the keltec products, but theyre not worth a premium to me....glad you got a well functioning rifle....but sorry, when even their own rep is in review vids saying the rifles are hit or miss or theyre "working out bugs" ill pass....
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Anybody receive any notification for shipping or anything yet
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Desert Tactical was at the Bullpup shoot with some of their straight up awesome bolt guns. They did not have a MDR. I talked to these guys at length about the MDR. I believe they are going to ship the guns at some point in the near future. I also believe the MDR's will be good to go out of the box. DT simply wants to make sure they will sell a great gun with no problems.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I talked to Oakland tactical about my preorder with them(one of the first ones). They're not expecting to get any out until January or later.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I talked to Oakland tactical about my preorder with them(one of the first ones). They're not expecting to get any out until January or later.
View Quote

Yup, same here...DT not giving a lot of info either....kinda sucks...
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so glad that you didn't have to wait a year like I DID to finally find a dealer that had an RFB to sell. But, I'm not making this up. I waited a year (probably a little longer, truth be told) before I could find an RFB for sale on the internet. OK, so maybe your internet search skills are much, much better than mine (or maybe because yours is a 2nd Generation, not a 1st generation like mine, they were more quickly available) and you found one quicker than I could. And I am so glad that you screwed up the ejection chute (which I did not, as evidenced by KelTec sending me a "new" and "enlarged" - I guess you missed that part- chute to replace the defective one I had) and was able to correct that problem (I couldn't, KelTec had to fix that one for me, which they did). I expect any gun that I pay more than $1,000 to be fully operational brand new out of the box. Not just KelTec, but, any gun. Including Desert Tech. Get that. Any gun, not just KelTec. I can't be more specific than that. And I could care less if there is any scalping as I have already prepaid for my MDR. Hope this clears your misconceptions up about what I wrote. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Desert Tactical was at the Bullpup shoot with some of their straight up awesome bolt guns. They did not have a MDR. I talked to these guys at length about the MDR. I believe they are going to ship the guns at some point in the near future. I also believe the MDR's will be good to go out of the box. DT simply wants to make sure they will sell a great gun with no problems.
View Quote

How could they go to a Bullpup shoot and not bring an MDR?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm so glad that you didn't have to wait a year like I DID to finally find a dealer that had an RFB to sell. But, I'm not making this up. I waited a year (probably a little longer, truth be told) before I could find an RFB for sale on the internet. OK, so maybe your internet search skills are much, much better than mine (or maybe because yours is a 2nd Generation, not a 1st generation like mine, they were more quickly available) and you found one quicker than I could. And I am so glad that you screwed up the ejection chute (which I did not, as evidenced by KelTec sending me a "new" and "enlarged" - I guess you missed that part- chute to replace the defective one I had) and was able to correct that problem (I couldn't, KelTec had to fix that one for me, which they did). I expect any gun that I pay more than $1,000 to be fully operational brand new out of the box. Not just KelTec, but, any gun. Including Desert Tech. Get that. Any gun, not just KelTec. I can't be more specific than that. And I could care less if there is any scalping as I have already prepaid for my MDR. Hope this clears your misconceptions up about what I wrote. Have a nice day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid $1400 OTD for my sub-500 SN Gen1 RFB a month after they came out.
It helps if you tell your local shop to call you when it comes in a month or two before they ship...
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had to guess they don't have one they feel comfortable letting people watch function.  They brought two guys from the factory with their bullpup bolt guns.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hope this clears your misconceptions up about what I wrote. Have a nice day.
View Quote

I'll give that rant only a 7 out of 10 - not least because my reply was only pointing out that like shadycoh, I had a well-running rifle.  The operator-error malfunction  wasn't a ding on you, just a simple statement of the ONE hard stoppage I'd had.  I sincerely hope you get your Gen1 MDR and that it runs well - I just think you (and the other early adopters) are more likely going to repeat your experience with a Gen1 KelTec....  As a point of clarity, I never said YOU were going to pay scalper prices, just that there would be scalping.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

These two phrases seem to contradict each other.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Maybe they are waiting to unveil it at the cowboy action shooting gun show or the antique firearms gun show.  The bullpup shoot just wasn't the right venue & with release right around the corner in the near future they wanted the perfect setting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Also what in the recent video released by DT of the MDR functioning was supposed to quell all of our worries?  Isnt there a video well over a year old on MAC's channel of them shooting the MDR?

ETA- what in the video is groundbreaking evidence of a finished product?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:48:11 AM EDT
[#43]
i am just glad I was one of the few on the bulpup group buy that never got notified so I still have my 2200 bucks :)
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i am just glad I was one of the few on the bulpup group buy that never got notified so I still have my 2200 bucks :)
View Quote

I would be happy too in your shoes.  It still blows my mind that they don't even have a rifle they are comfortable enough with to bring to a bullpup shoot but it will be "released soon"  If they can't get the rifles released soon (very, very soon as in before the election) then they need to start issuing refunds with none of that BS 20% restocking fee nonsense for a product that hasn't even been released as that is just shady as hell in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Agreed, they have had my money since they came out with the pricing and accepted pre orders.  I was initially told to expect a 1 June delivery.  It is now 21 Sep and I have no MDR.  The 20% restocking fee for a gun that can't even be displayed at an event is pretty ridiculous.  I was fine with the restocking fee when I was told the date it would be delivered, but believe that they broke their promise of delivery, so I should not be required to pay the fee if I choose to cancel my order due to their broken promises.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would be happy too in your shoes.  It still blows my mind that they don't even have a rifle they are comfortable enough with to bring to a bullpup shoot but it will be "released soon"  If they can't get the rifles released soon (very, very soon as in before the election) then they need to start issuing refunds with none of that BS 20% restocking fee nonsense for a product that hasn't even been released as that is just shady as hell in my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that right there is the reputation destroyer.  OK, everybody screws up the release date.  And then everybody overstates or misdirects the reasons for it, and the updated release date.  Not entirely OK, but here we are.  But to pre-charge people money to go into the coffers, and then charge a 20% restock fee for an item that hasn't even been made yet?  A non-custom item that will still sell before it makes it to the shipping department on the other side of the plant?   That right there, speaks volumes about the company, the company values, and the company attitude towards their customers.  That's tells you what you can expect for customer service.  It tells you how long the company is going to be in business 10 years from now.  Combine that with the lights off in the development office, and this is not a pretty picture.

Hey, I still want one.  I want a 6.5 19".  Can't wait in fact.  But you know what, I'm thrilled that they won't be releasing the 6.5 CM 19" in the first release, and maybe not even in the second release.  Because at this rate, I really don't want the temptation to make the likely regrettable decision to be one of the first purchasers.  Otherwise, the badassness of it might be enough to set aside better wisdom, and buy a first generation one anyway.  Man am I glad that's not an option.

The delayed release date I can forgive.  It's a red-flag, but sometimes things can work out if there's just one red-flag.  The other aspects around it, and the 20% restock fee, show a growing field of red flags.  That's not a good sign.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Combine that with the lights off in the development office, and this is not a pretty picture.

View Quote

What do you mean by this?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone want to take bets on how late the monthly update on the 1st will be will be?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Combine that with the lights off in the development office, and this is not a pretty picture.

No insider information - just a half-joke that the progression isn't much better than it would be if the development office wasn't even bothering to show up for work.  It's not literal.  Well... at least I think it's not literal, at times I wonder.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No insider information - just a half-joke that the progression isn't much better than it would be if the development office wasn't even bothering to show up for work.  It's not literal.  Well... at least I think it's not literal, at times I wonder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't DT hire a guy away from Sig who was supposed to be the end all be all of firearm engineers, only for him to leave DT shortly thereafter?
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top