Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/25/2015 1:43:47 PM EDT
$350 for some new barrels
$85 spare parts kit
$7 AUG sling
etc

The main black Friday page has the best deals, everything else is also discounted but not as much.

http://steyrarms.com

*looks like the small parts kits sold out and are not able to be bought online, calling to place an order for the small parts kit might work?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
nice, thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know if the 24" barrel is considered a heavy barrel?
Also, anyone got pics of one on their AUG?
I'm thinking of getting one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Man some of this stuff is really well priced.  Wish now I had waited on my spare parts kit - that's a very good price.   Good deal on the 18" BBL's too.  Seriously thinking about getting one as a spare.  Between that and a spare bolt, and one effectively doubles the already long service life of this gun.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man some of this stuff is really well priced.  Wish now I had waited on my spare parts kit - that's a very good price.   Good deal on the 18" BBL's too.  Seriously thinking about getting one as a spare.  Between that and a spare bolt, and one effectively doubles the already long service life of this gun.
View Quote

Yeah me too. I got a kit from Pete when I bought my M1 last week. Quite the discount on Steyr Arm's site.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up maleante. I knew they were going to have a sale, but didn't know it was starting today. Some really great prices.

Picked up a 24 inch. barrel (now only if Rat Worx would come out with the mythical bi pod) and a bolt. I doubt I'll need the bolt for a long time if ever. But I doubt I'd see it for that cheap again.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the 24" barrel is considered a heavy barrel?
Also, anyone got pics of one on their AUG?
I'm thinking of getting one.
View Quote

I'm told they're "heavy" barrels. The new FN made, US barrel in 24 inches is the same as the older 24 inch barrels. Same profile, cutout for the bi pod. Just a different flash hider obviously.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up maleante. I knew they were going to have a sale, but didn't know it was starting today. Some really great prices.

Picked up a 24 inch. barrel (now only if Rat Worx would come out with the mythical bi pod) and a bolt. I doubt I'll need the bolt for a long time if ever. But I doubt I'd see it for that cheap again.
View Quote

I'd forego the unobtainium bipod for something that actually exists and is on its way here. this
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd forego the unobtainium bipod for something that actually exists and is on its way here. this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I didn't know that was going on. Might have to contact the guy at Steyr.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting this. just bought a spare parts kit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that spare parts kit pretty much all you need to keep an AUG running?
How about the bolt itself?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#12]
good price for parts kit
spare bbl price is not bad
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:47:44 AM EDT
[#13]
So someone point out the hidden value of a green plastic muzzle cap for $13.50...and the black for $4.00...

Def going to be taking advantage of some spare parts....and I am eyeballing a replacement black stock for $195!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#14]
having a hard time deciding between the 24 and 18 inch barrel.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:32:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad the 20" isn't on sale...been thinking about one of those. The tech specs have no info - does anyone know what the twist is on the 18", 20", and 24" barrels?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I wish they had the M1 Rails on there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Too bad the 20" isn't on sale...been thinking about one of those. The tech specs have no info - does anyone know what the twist is on the 18", 20", and 24" barrels?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is on sale, the regular price is $450, it's now $405.

Quoted:

They are on the site and they're also 10% off.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I missed them the first time, thanks for pointing that out.

I should probably get a spare parts kit too but I had been thinking about the rail for weeks.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No bolt but it includes all internal parts that do wear out and that should be changed at regular intervals.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn it..don't know what to fucken do.

I have two 16 inchers and I really hanker for that 24 or 20 if it was 350 like the other one.

Anyone want to buy a 16 inch US made for some funds to get this?

Or better off going 18 inch?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone know if the NATO stock come with a buttplate and pin?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#23]
It says call to order for the parts kit... did you guys have to call?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Ordered the spares kit a couple days ago when I first saw them on sale. Now I'm wondering if I should grab a bolt as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the NATO stock come with a buttplate and pin?
View Quote

Most likely no.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I didn't and it was ordered  / my credit card was charged.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Does the steyr Aug need to be headspaced for a new barrel ? Or do you simply just take out the old one and put a new one back in ?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does the steyr Aug need to be headspaced for a new barrel ? Or do you simply just take out the old one and put a new one back in ?
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Likely sold out of them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Likely sold out of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likely sold out of them.

I bet - that price was amazing.  I'm chagrined I had already bought it, for almost double that.

Only parts I'm interested in now are the high rail for the A3M1, the 20" BBL, a spare charging handle, and scope covers for the 3X scope - none of which really are on noteworthy sale, if available at all.

I will admit, I'm half tempted to get a spare bolt - but wish they were south of the $100 mark for that.  I am confident enough in my bolt, that it's probably a better gamble to just wait until it breaks, and pay the $200 for a replacement in that inlikely event.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Their on sale...regularly 449.00  On sale for 404.10   20" AUG barrel
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. It is not.

Once you click "view detail", price goes back to $449 again
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No. It is not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. It is not.

If you look at their Facebook page, they've been having issues on some items not being priced correctly. They've tried to fix the issue (from what they wrote). But lucky for everyone, they are having this sale until December 6. Why not just call them tomorrow or during the middle of the week?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I hadn't read that on their FB page, but it makes sense. I noticed the issue with the 20 inch barrel today. Earlier this week I noticed funny things going on with the 24 inch barrels. One time it would give you the sale price. Then I'd go back a few minutes later and it would give me the regular price. Just the internet being the internet. :D
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#34]
still can't decide on an 18 or 24.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Why sell your 16" to move to an 18"?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Snip
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Likely sold out of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likely sold out of them.

Parts kit???

Where at the website
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Parts kit???
Where at the website
View Quote

AUG spare parts kits are out of stock and have been removed from the site. HOWEVER, I called Steyr on Tuesday, 1 December and got my name on the waiting list. I was told that they expect more ("about a week") and will honor the $85 price for those who are on the list. Seems that they are doing "rain checks."  Regular price was listed at $149.
I'm calling it a win!  
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Called and got on the spare parts list as well.

Phone: (205) 417-8644

Thanks !
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Just received my 24 inch barrel and bolt from the UPS man.

Got a little bonus too. Now Steyr Arms charged my credit card once. But along with the barrel and bolt I ordered. They sent the exact same thing in another box. So two barrels and two bolts. I'll be calling Steyr Arms tomorrow so I can get a label and return the barrel and bolt they sent by accident. Obviously a glitch having to do with their website. Since they seemed to have multiple issues with the the website.

Nice barrels.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks F1! I'll get on that tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Got a little bonus too. Now Steyr Arms charged my credit card once. But along with the barrel and bolt I ordered. They sent the exact same thing in another box. So two barrels and two bolts. I'll be calling Steyr Arms tomorrow so I can get a label and return the barrel and bolt they sent by accident. Obviously a glitch having to do with their website. Since they seemed to have multiple issues with the the website.

Nice barrels.
View Quote

A few years ago Steyr had a mishap with their black friday sale regarding AUG mags. I ordered ten mags and received twenty.
I called Steyr about it, they said that the original black friday email sent out had the mags labled as "buy one get one free, 50% off"... It was only supposed to be 50% off each mag, NOT 50% off AND buy one get one free. The first forty-nine people to put their order in had them shipped out as 50% off AND buy one get one free. The guy on the phone said, "Our mistake, Merry Christmas, enjoy them".

That was a mistake of 10 magazines which they wrote off. I suppose a $500 mistake is something they would like to know about...

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A few years ago Steyr had a mishap with their black friday sale regarding AUG mags. I ordered ten mags and received twenty.
I called Steyr about it, they said that the original black friday email sent out had the mags labled as "buy one get one free, 50% off"... It was only supposed to be 50% off each mag, NOT 50% off AND buy one get one free. The first forty-nine people to put their order in had them shipped out as 50% off AND buy one get one free. The guy on the phone said, "Our mistake, Merry Christmas, enjoy them".

That was a mistake of 10 magazines which they wrote off. I suppose a $500 mistake is something they would like to know about...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice barrels.

Yeah, haha. I got a hold of them today after several attempts and answering machines. Talked to a very nice lady who thanked me for being honest and letting them know. They're mailing me a return label and I'll send back the extra bolt and barrel when I get it.

I gotta admit I was kinda hoping they would say what they said to you and I'd get a free barrel and bolt. Guess not.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm on the list now, too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks !
View Quote

I have been trying to order all week.  6 times I was just dropped to someone's voice mail box.  Sales good for another couple of days but they are closed on weekends so no way to order now - found this out last weekend as I tried to call.  So no parts kits for me.  Sure wish Steyr actually employed some people.  If I cannot actually call them up & give them $$$ for small parts it does not give me a good feeling if I ever need to have service done.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got my spare parts kit - the box they shipped it in was HUGE!!!!!
One part is a mystery to me. It looks like a half inch to three quarter inch long green plastic bugle or plunger shaped item. Any idea what it is?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have been trying to order all week.  6 times I was just dropped to someone's voice mail box.  Sales good for another couple of days but they are closed on weekends so no way to order now - found this out last weekend as I tried to call.  So no parts kits for me.  Sure wish Steyr actually employed some people.  If I cannot actually call them up & give them $$$ for small parts it does not give me a good feeling if I ever need to have service done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks !

I got a hold of them for my issue the first day I called them But it did take 4-5 times. 3 or so times going to an answering machine and once my call was dropped completely.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
One part is a mystery to me. It looks like a half inch to three quarter inch long green plastic bugle or plunger shaped item. Any idea what it is?
View Quote

That's the bolt spring sleeve. Goes inside your carrier. It is also an updated part, the older part is different. In fact the firing pin with captive spring and bolt sleeve are also upgrades.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's the bolt spring sleeve. Goes inside your carrier. It is also an updated part, the older part is different. In fact the firing pin with captive spring and bolt sleeve are also upgrades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I need to spend more time taking the system apart and learning it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top