Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I don't mind fighting amongst companies, that's competition.  But when you go to the ATFE complaining, that affects us all.  I own silencers from 4 different companies.  Gemtech is one of them.  
Some of these have an aluminum main tube, that can be easily damaged when rebuilt.  There is a principal here.  
They let their squabling affect the rest of us by whinning to the ATFE.  
I own the can, (I used to own the serial #) why can't I crush/destroy the old and rebuild a new one at my lesure without having the ATFE involved all of the time?  
What happens if this paltry $200 tax goes up to $2000 or more?  We are all screwed....  I'm just thinking for the future.
It makes me mad that our own worst enemies in the shooting field are ourselves and the companies that produce the said product.

I actually kind of agree with you.  But it's the goverment/BATFE that is making the rules here.  Why can't you crush/destroy and rebuild a can without have the BATFE involved all of the time?  Because they made the rules.  This isn't something that Gemtech did that made a new law that screws us.  That law was already in place and other companies were breaking the law and making illegal suppressors, some with Gemtech's name on them.  

I 100% understand your frustrations on this subject and share that frustration quite a bit (I'm dealing with something along these lines right now FWIW).  However, you are pointing your finger and placing the blame on the wrong group of people.  You said: "It makes me mad that our own worst enemies in the shooting field are ourselves and the companies that produce the said product."  Right now, you are being the enemy and only causing more conflict within the shooting community.  Gemtech is in the business of making suppressors.  Do you think they want to make it harder for themselves to sell cans??    

If you want to address the real issue/s, try to get some of the NFA laws repealed and/or altered in favor of the law abiding citizens, or if you are interested in finding a way to really make a positive difference in the shooting community, then bro, give me a call and I'll lend a hand.  

-X
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
So back on the subject a litle bit, who has the best deal on the Tundra?  I am trying to get my buddy into suppressors and thought this would be a great deal!!  

If you could just IM me the price, I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, if you all get the ATFE to resind "your" requested "clarification" on the rebuilding of cans and the paying of another TAX each time, maybe then I'll be able to forgive you.  

Until then GEMTAX is a dirty word in my book.  

But cudos on your marketing deal paying the tax and all for your future customers that you all have already screwed over.

Thanks to you all, all cans made by everyone are now "durable" items.  And no durable in this case doesn't mean that they are better.

Good luck getting anything replaced after it breaks or wears out boys.  We can thank Gemtech for that.  

Hey don't be mad, you all brought up the Gem-TAX.

Call me crazy but if I were a manufacturer I wouldn't want items that I had no involvement in running around carrying my name on the side. I don't fault Gemtech for the BATFE's faulty reasoning any more so than other can manufacturers who were doing some shady dealings IMO.

HMM ok the law hasnt changed
There was a time when people went to Gemtech to have non Gemtech cans rebuild
Gemtech did a good job ,and people was happy

so you call Gemtech a company that does shady dealings ??

Oh by the way AAC did the same thing (rebuilding cans)and the owner was happy with AAC`s rebuild

At a time Gemtech did get a letter (after they had asked some Q`s ) that told them that  some  things they could not do

AAC did not have such letter (as many others )

Greeno did rebuild cans that TAC made nobody did badmouth him about that (why should they ,,the owners was happy with the rebuilds )

AAC and others kept on making rebuilds like Gemtech used to be able to

there was no writing that told they could not do so

But now there is such writing

Gemtech +AAC + others can still do rebuild ,,nothing shady about that

And yes Gemtech CAN legally rebuild a AAC can ,and visa versa

The way they can do rebuild hasnt changed much ,but there has been changes

I wont call you crazy but honest if i did buy a can from you ,would it not now be MY property ?
Would it not be ME who had the saying of how i would like it ,did i not pay for it
I have never heard some whine about some  putting a different  AR15 upper  from maker y  on a lover from maker X  

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, if you all get the ATFE to resind "your" requested "clarification" on the rebuilding of cans and the paying of another TAX each time, maybe then I'll be able to forgive you.  

But cudos on your marketing deal paying the tax and all for your future customers that you all have already screwed over.

Thanks to you all, all cans made by everyone are now "durable" items.  And no durable in this case doesn't mean that they are better.

Good luck getting anything replaced after it breaks or wears out boys.  We can thank Gemtech for that.  

Go troll elsewhere with that noise.    The laws were the same before and after Gemtech's inquiry.  I'm sure you'd be fine with someone taking a suppressor you made, changing it completely, and then stamping YOUR name and serial number on their illegally built suppressor.  

If you have a problem with the current laws, do something about it like write your congressman or senator and work to get the NFA laws/taxes repealed or changed.  Talking smack about a suppressor manufacturer on a gun board isn't constructive at all to the shooting community.  

They (Gov) have got us fighting eachother like dogs over table scraps..

-X

Your right the law hasnt changed

but as seen before the way the ATF look as it has changed

If its true what AAC tels ,then they did use the original Gemtech tube
AAC did not have a letter telling them they could not do what they did ,i´f you read the diffrent letters you would know it was at the time of the rebuild a common practice
even Gemtech used to do so (before they got the letter)

about the Gemtech restamp info
If you read he letters you would know AAC HAD to so according the law  

Sure there is no doubt AAC did do it to show of ,,so what

As the writing from ATF is now ,AAC could not do it again

But they could still in some of Gemtechs cans put in different baffles ,and be on the right side of the law

Gemtech has done upgrade rebuilds AFTER the new letter ,ok it was there own cans
But if they can so can others then
I dont know if the rebuild Gemtech did make was illegal or not
To know that i would need some info ( but i dont really care ,it was nice to see a owner got a problem fixed ,and end up happy)
But it shows that it is possible to rebuild a Gemtech ,,original maker or not      

does it really matters who rebuild YOUR can that YOU did pay for

as you say why should we be  fighting each other like dogs over table scraps

Ps good deal on the Tundra

to those who think only the original maker should be able to touch the can they made
Dont buy things for the Tundra from other makers ,,even if it is what you need
To those who think if they paid for it ,then it there property and can do what ever legal enjoy the good deal ,happy shooting
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Good on ya' Kel...

Now, what is it gonna take for me to help you with the crappy,blurry  avatar?
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks to you all, all cans made by everyone are now "durable" items.
 And no durable in this case doesn't mean that they are better.

Call me crazy but if I were a manufacturer I wouldn't want items that I had no involvement in running around carrying my name on the side. I don't fault Gemtech for the BATFE's faulty reasoning any more so than other can manufacturers who were doing some shady dealings IMO.

HMM ok the law hasnt changed

There was a time when people went to Gemtech to have non Gemtech cans rebuild

Gemtech did a good job ,and people was happy

so you call Gemtech a company that does shady dealings ??

Oh by the way AAC did the same thing (rebuilding cans)and the owner was happy with AAC`s rebuild

At a time Gemtech did get a letter (after they had asked some Q`s ) that told them that  some  things they could not do

AAC did not have such letter (as many others )

Greeno did rebuild cans that TAC made nobody did badmouth him about that (why should they ,,the owners was happy with the rebuilds )

AAC and others kept on making rebuilds like Gemtech used to be able to

there was no writing that told they could not do so

But now there is such writing

Gemtech +AAC + others can still do rebuild ,,nothing shady about that

And yes Gemtech CAN legally rebuild a AAC can ,and visa versa

The way they can do rebuild hasnt changed much ,but there has been changes

I wont call you crazy
but honest if i did buy a can from you ,would it not now be MY property ?

Would it not be ME who had the saying of how i would like it ,did i not pay for it

I have never heard some whine about some  putting a different  AR15 upper  from maker y  on a lover from maker X  

Why do you bother trying to explain the fine points of a discussion like this?  Hardly anyone understands your babbling.  Your language level isn't really up to the task of properly explaining the nuances in a matter like this, no offense.  

I wouldn't be trying to explain your laws on a forum where the people speak your language, that's for sure.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Cant we all just get along?  After all we are all just livin the dream.Right?  Anyways we ordered a few Tundra's today including a FDE one for me personally.I was kinda stressed over the weekend once I saw that there were not to many FDE ones left,but I got the order in before they were gone.If any of you are in WI and are interested in this deal IM me. This is a great deal thank you Kel,Owen,Phil and the rest of the Gemtech team.Keep up the good work and the GREAT customer service.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
If that is the case, and it is a simple misunderstanding, I'll be the first to offer an apology.  

But if it is true that any company would dare write the ATFE just to mess over another company regardless of who it is out over a stupid feud, that is plain old messed up.

I call it quits on the issue, but yes I will "continue" to write to my elected officials concerning the matter.

P.S. your gift horse has poop on it's nose.  I'll be the first to say that I will not look in it's mouth....
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If that is the case, and it is a simple misunderstanding, I'll be the first to offer an apology.  

But if it is true that any company would dare write the ATFE just to mess over another company regardless of who it is out over a stupid feud, that is plain old messed up.

I call it quits on the issue, but yes I will "continue" to write to my elected officials concerning the matter.

P.S. your gift horse has poop on it's nose.  I'll be the first to say that I will not look in it's mouth....

1) The GemTax thing is largely misunderstood and clouded with misinformation.

2) Yeah, the 'gift horse' has shit on his nose, but the teeth look ok.

3) Where the hell do I get a lego dude with suppressed weaponry?  I need that...for my kid...yeah, for the kid.

Link Posted: 4/21/2009 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#13]
My class III is calling you today to make sure you have a Tundra for me He's going to be off for 2 days and I'll be calling him on friday with the CC info for purchase.

Since he will not have a S.N. to fully charge me for, how do I ensure that you guys have the proper info that I purchased befor the 30th?

Jim
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I got my FDE Tundra coming, THANKS KEL
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#18]
well my dealer getting a tan for me.. thank guy
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I couldnt resist any longer....order placed.  Now, the four month wait.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
just in time for my Army signing bonus
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#22]
ordered mine yesterday..
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 3:55:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MI sucks, we can't have suppressors.  

your SOT dealer can though... and you can shoot it when "THEY" happen to be at a range with the "toy" :)
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I ordered mine. Hopefully the paperwork will go thru smothly.  Now I need to decide which pistol to suppress. The candidates are:

• S&W M&P COMPACT

• Beretta 92F

• Sign X-Five Level-1

I have not been able to find a threaded barrel for the X-five, except if I were to buy a X-Five tactical, so that one is probably out of the running.

I can find a barel for the M&P Compact or the Beretta. I am kind of leaning towards the M&P at the moment. Maybe get a barrel for the 92F later.

Which would you suppress first and why?

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I ordered mine. Hopefully the paperwork will go thru smothly.  Now I need to decide which pistol to suppress. The candidates are:

• Springfield M&P COMPACT

• Beretta 92F

• Sign X-Five Level-1

I have not been able to find a threaded barrel for the X-five, except if I were to buy a X-Five tactical, so that one is probably out of the running.

I can find a barel for the M&P Compact or the Beretta. I am kind of leaning towards the M&P at the moment. Maybe get a barrel for the 92F later.

Which would you suppress first and why?

Do you mean Smith and Wesson?

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you Team Gemtech.  Order placed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Another Thanks!

Do you guys (Gemtech)  recommend a threaded barrel over any others for a glock 19?
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Yahooo!
Thanks Gemtec.
I just spoke with my friendly dealer ( Zig @Jaco Sales), and I'm in
M
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I am just gettg the picture you guys sell barrels also. Is that something you sell direct?  Do we just call the number on the website?  Any help on where to go with that or basic stock models would be much appreciated....

Dan
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#31]
So is the HVT next?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Greetings,
Will someone please explain how the Gemtax works?
Thank you
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:31:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Greetings,
Will someone please explain how the Gemtax works?
Thank you
Read the first post.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Thank you, I just slapped myself for that one
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Something I've been wondering: is the $200 tax qualified as a deduction on income tax as an other tax paid?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dooooooh! Yes - S&W M&P compact.

Which platform would be better to suppress and why?

• Beretta 92F

• S&W M&P Compact

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dooooooh! Yes - S&W M&P compact.

Which platform would be better to suppress and why?

• Beretta 92F

• S&W M&P Compact

Prolly the 92F.  Compacts are tricky to suppress from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered mine today.  Thanks Gemtech! This is my first NFA purchase
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Approximately how long are the F3 transfers taking now?  I'm waiting for a transfer to Vances in Ohio.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Holy shit....a suppressor company that doesn't pull it's promotions early! Good work....just another reason why you should buy a gemtech can. I would be all over this deal like a fat kid on cake if I didn't just receive a multimount on transfer a few weeks ago. Maybe my second 9mm can will be a Tundra. Thanks for being an A+ operation!

Kel, do you guys have the Lone Wolf Glock 23 conversion barrels in stock? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Something I've been wondering: is the $200 tax qualified as a deduction on income tax as an other tax paid?

no

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#42]
to: gemtech man
subject: lego men + gemtax :-)

seems how i recently got a multi mount ... can i get a HVT on this deal :-)  or is that next year?? i'l budget for next year

also about the lego men.... i've got like 3~4 sitckers with them... eveyone loves them... when are you just going to start selling those little stickers  
please please please
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#44]
How much for an LWD threaded G19 barrel? You can IM me if you'd rather not post the price.

Also, if I order from my dealer tomorrow, but he waits until Monday to place the order with you, am I still good to go? The dated receipt/invoice will have tomorrow's date on it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:13:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
***Negative, Sir.  As stated in the first post: Make sure your dealer orders it before the 30th.  We're keeping track of serial numbers ordered and issued, and the Gemtax Rebate ends at close of business the 30th (5pm MST). Serial numbers issued after that aren't eligible for the promotion.

Just like all good things, they come to an end... and just in time, as we're almost out of TUNDRA suppressors!

Call me overcautiously proactive, but it's probably worth a phone call to your dealer to tell him to fax or call in his order pronto.  

The order should be in today then! It will be from Thermo Arms. Thanks!!

How much will an LWD barrel for a G19 be if ordered with the can?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

***Negative, Sir.  As stated in the first post: Make sure your dealer orders it before the 30th.  We're keeping track of serial numbers ordered and issued, and the Gemtax Rebate ends at close of business the 30th (5pm MST). Serial numbers issued after that aren't eligible for the promotion.

Just like all good things, they come to an end... and just in time, as we're almost out of TUNDRA suppressors!

Call me overcautiously proactive, but it's probably worth a phone call to your dealer to tell him to fax or call in his order pronto.  

Hmmm. Are you saying only cans that are ordered "from Gemtech" (with those serial #'s recorded) are eligable?
The can I purchased wan not ordered from Gemtech by the dealer but it was an in-stock item at an out of state dealer/distributor that is being sent to my local dealer.
Receipt is dated around the 20th. Assuming that my form 4 gets you by the cutoff, everything's still fine right?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Just got mine ordered at lunch time only found a thread about this yesterday.  This will be my first suppressor your special got me off my ass to get one ordered.

thank you
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Just to verify, you still have these in stock right? My dealer will be ordering me one tomorrow!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top