View Quote

Wise decision.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I mailed off the paper forms for my SDN6 today, which means eforms will be back up by tomorrow, wednesday at the latest.

You're welcome
View Quote

Same here...YHM Ti-Phantom
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I mailed off the paper forms for my SDN6 today, which means eforms will be back up by tomorrow, wednesday at the latest.

You're welcome

Appreciate it guys. My next one had the F3 faxed in today, so I should be able to eFile the F4 due to the two of you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Appreciate it guys. My next one had the F3 faxed in today, so I should be able to eFile the F4 due to the two of you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome

so you your saying that eforms is coming back up this week with the form 1 and 4?  Just trying to make sure i haven't gone completely stupid and the ATF has learned the ways of Six Sigma and move there operations into the 21st century.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

so you your saying that eforms is coming back up this week with the form 1 and 4?  Just trying to make sure i haven't gone completely stupid and the ATF has learned the ways of Six Sigma and move there operations into the 21st century.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome

No, eForms won't be back for months... BET!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Don't get this thread locked.  This isn't GD.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD?  What does that mean?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

General Discussion.  That's where the shenanigans happen.  FYI.  I'd think of removing that picture.  It might violate the code of conduct.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
General Discussion.  That's where the shenanigans happen.  FYI.  I'd think of removing that picture.  It might violate the code of conduct.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man nipples sadly do not violate the conduct code.

Glad to see we're seeing typical Gov't efficiency in getting e-forms back online.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Glad to see we're seeing typical Gov't efficiency in getting e-forms back online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point, is it inefficiency or malevolence?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd wager they have orders from higher up saying not to make it a priority.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't heard a peep out of anyone about eforms in a couple of weeks, now.  Did everyone just give up and go back to paper?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I haven't heard a peep out of anyone about eforms in a couple of weeks, now.  Did everyone just give up and go back to paper?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#16]
is there a link or something we can monitor to see if it's up or not?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
is there a link or something we can monitor to see if it's up or not?
View Quote

Sure. Just try to log into it. It's down on Wednesdays, and on all the other days all you'll see is the 6 & 6A.

The easiest option is to just check this site...I'm sure there will be 100 posts and fireworks launching when it's back.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#18]
NFATCA posted this on facebook today

eForms Sit Rep ~~~

Directly from ATF:

"Right now, we hope to bring the form 1 back soon, followed by the forms 2, 5 and 9 if the system holds up under an increased user burden.
The forms 3 and 4 look to be down the road as ATF is exploring the creation of a new system for these forms (they were the two high-volume ones) – if that works, we would move the forms from the old system to the new."

That doesn't give us a specific timeline, but it does give us a road map. IMO, it does not make sense to hope that eForms will be up soon for Form 4 filing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

eForms Sit Rep ~~~

Directly from ATF:

"Right now, we hope to bring the form 1 back soon, followed by the forms 2, 5 and 9 if the system holds up under an increased user burden.
The forms 3 and 4 look to be down the road as ATF is exploring the creation of a new system for these forms (they were the two high-volume ones) – if that works, we would move the forms from the old system to the new."

That doesn't give us a specific timeline, but it does give us a road map. IMO, it does not make sense to hope that eForms will be up soon for Form 4 filing.

I don't understand why the .gov has such a problem propping up what can't be THAT big of a server. FFS, it's not rocket surgery.

Then I remind myself that this is something they in no way, shape or form benefit from having online/working.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

eForms Sit Rep ~~~

Directly from ATF:

Isn't that who potentially screwed us all over with 41P? If so, I wish they'd just stay out of it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Isn't that who potentially screwed us all over with 41P? If so, I wish they'd just stay out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eForms Sit Rep ~~~

Directly from ATF:

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Tired of waiting on nothing, filled out all the paper forms today. Hopefully we're not still at a year wait time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Most people respond to incentives.  The faster e-forms (F1 & F4) is back up, the faster the NFA branch creates more work for itself.

Long term we all benefit, short term, they have limited reasons to put a rush on it.  

Hope I'm wrong though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Most people respond to incentives.  The faster e-forms (F1 & F4) is back up, the faster the NFA branch creates more work for itself.

Long term we all benefit, short term, they have limited reasons to put a rush on it.  

Hope I'm wrong though.
View Quote

I dunno... processing a years worth of paper forms can't be easy or fun.. you'd think they would want to get it up ASAP so that they could do less work on paper!  I hate working on paper if I can avoid it in my job.  I'm guessing they are the same way.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:00:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I dunno... processing a years worth of paper forms can't be easy or fun.. you'd think they would want to get it up ASAP so that they could do less work on paper!  I hate working on paper if I can avoid it in my job.  I'm guessing they are the same way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope I'm wrong though.

You're making the assumption that E-forms doesn't bring in a lot of people off the sidelines ("What the hell, I'll impulse e-file yet another SBR") which increases the overall workload and the resulting backlog, but your point is well taken.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#26]
eForms is not down by accident.  Red tape is the real reason.  You can't tell me that the richest entity in human history can't afford a decent software engineer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
eForms is not down by accident.  Red tape is the real reason.  You can't tell me that the richest entity in human history can't afford a decent software engineer.
View Quote

Also most in debt entity, but you're still right.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Well I may just have set record for time pending to time approved.  I got an email yesterday saying my form 1 suppressor was in process and got the stamp today.  One day from pending to approved!

Actually, this was a form 1 I saved in draft back in January.  When the system came back up I submitted the draft in late April and my credit card was charged 4-29-14. Absolutely nothing seemed to be happening after that because I got nothing for notices.  Previously you would get a notice saying "pending research" when your CC was charged then another saying "submitted/ in process" a few days later.  I was pretty close to canceling the application and paper filing until I got the email "submitted/ in process" yesterday.  Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I got the approval letter today.

Created date (draft) - 1-24-14
Submitted on eForms & CC charged - 4-29-14
Submitted date according to eForms site - 6-18-14
Approved date - 6-19-14

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Just got my first E-filed Form 1 back. Took just about four months. Way quicker than the old paper way.

Submitted 2/7
Approved 6/12

I'm happy :)

Just one more form 4 pending that was submitted in early April so hopefully by mid aug if I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#30]
its back baby form 1 tho
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
its back baby form 1 tho
View Quote

It's a start. Filing away.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Just submitted another form 1
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Planning to pick up a dedicated 9mm lower and SBRing it, maybe a .45 also.  That would go nice with my Octane 45 when it comes in.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I just submitted my form 1 earlier this month on June 2nd. Checks are already cashed,  I called in today and they're not even pending. Anyone know if I should just tell them to cancel the paper forms and fill out the Eforms. Has anyone done this and what were the outcomes. The lady on the phone said that the paper forms have to be cancelled first and that takes a long time as well. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just submitted my form 1 earlier this month on June 2nd. Checks are already cashed,  I called in today and they're not even pending. Anyone know if I should just tell them to cancel the paper forms and fill out the Eforms. Has anyone done this and what were the outcomes. The lady on the phone said that the paper forms have to be cancelled first and that takes a long time as well. Thoughts?
View Quote

Get both.  Keep that Form 1 in line and submit another eFile.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think they'll allow the same serial number for the same maker to be entered in the system...

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't think they'll allow the same serial number for the same maker to be entered in the system...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant another lower... duh!
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Submitted my first Form 1 (paper or eForm) just now via eForm.  Forms and workflow could be updated and made easier, but it worked.  Pending Research status due to using an AR15.Com lower and the model name not matching exactly ("ARF-15" vs. "ARF15" in the listbox).  Submitted a picture of the markings so I confident there should not be any issues or major delays.

I want to get my second Form 1 in, but need to get some other things done tonight.  Is the system still down all day Wed?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some don't...  

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#40]
efile form 1 submitted....It was in draft status completely filled out from the day before it went down. Lesson learned. Haha.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
efile form 1 submitted....It was in draft status completely filled out from the day before it went down. Lesson learned. Haha.
View Quote

You could have submitted your draft during the outage. I submitted two of them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would leave it alone.  God only knows how long efile approvals are going to take now.

I submitted an efile form 1 the day it came back online and I mailed one yesterday just for giggles.  We'll see how close they together they come back.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also did one and got it back a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#44]
any news on form 4?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
any news on form 4?
View Quote

Nothing official.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nothing official.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
any news on form 4?

Nothing official.

unofficial even?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
unofficial even?
View Quote

Yes. Next Monday. Or 1/1/15. Can't remember what I heard.

(That's as good a guess/rumor as I can start).
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
unofficial even?

I heard it was going to be back up the second Tuesday of next week.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quick question. If I have a trust already that I have a can on, I can obviously use it for a SBR. So when I fill out the form 1 for the SBR, do I just put the name of the trust on there? Do you have to send in any paperwork confirming the trust is real?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quick question. If I have a trust already that I have a can on, I can obviously use it for a SBR. So when I fill out the form 1 for the SBR, do I just put the name of the trust on there? Do you have to send in any paperwork confirming the trust is real?
View Quote

There's a stickied, nice, picture walk-through in the General Class 3 section. Very easy to follow.

ETA: This is for an eForm 1, which since you have a trust, is a no-brainer.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top