Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bit on the keymod thing.    I not sure i could ever go back to a cheese grater rail.
View Quote

I'm way less experienced, but the heavier 'cheese-grater' rails seems to give me a nice grip.  The last thing I want is my forward rail to be smooth / round / etc.  But then I'm shooting from clear locations;  I can imagine that same rail getting hung up, or getting snagged by the tall grasses of Vietnam.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Rattlecaned ARs.  Every time I see one, I almost sneeze.  The smell and feel of that paint.. Looking at it is like a chalk board screech.
Good coatings like dura-cera-aluma- whatevera.. Are fine.
But that cheap obnoxious smelling crap on a nice gun.. It's like ketchup on filet mignom.  Don't get me started on trying to make it look like it's been to war after all the work of getting it on there in the first place.
View Quote

I personally dislike the look of the 'good coatings,' and prefer the flat chalk-board look of the rattle-can AR's.  In fact, I'm surprised none of the 'good' coatings sells a flat finish.  Seems counter-intuitive.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Kryptek was BOGO and I like the Vickers slings

I got 4 for 110 bucks, I'll take cheap over tacky.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have different versions of minimal.

Not on your builds but in general Kryptech is a fad that I think is stupid as hell.  

Basically anything that makes an AR look like a trendy toy.

Kryptek was BOGO and I like the Vickers slings

I got 4 for 110 bucks, I'll take cheap over tacky.

I think your slings are fine and I agree with that price.  I'm mostly talking about the rifles that look tiedied or like a peacock was the inspiration
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The whole flat top thing. I cant wait for everyone to get over it and start making A1 and A2 uppers again.
View Quote

I have a beautiful A1 upper ... that I'm less happy with now that I've found red-dot optics help my older eyes hit the target.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Ignore them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Lasers on rifles or handguns - cannot stand either.
AFGs too. All matter of stupid looking lowers with skull shapes and crap.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The whole flat top thing. I cant wait for everyone to get over it and start making A1 and A2 uppers again.
View Quote

I had a carbine with a rail, RDS, and light but just prefer a basic 20" rifle with only a light and sling. I did put on an ambi safety and plan on installing a Norgon ambi mag release, but these make it easier for being LH.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Fads I can't stand, in no particular order...

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Sig brace.

Super duper lightweight AR parts.

Adjustable gas blocks.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

Vertical and angled foregrips.

Those ridiculous vertical angle BCM/Magpul pistol grips.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Sprinco springs.

Geissele Reaction Rod and equivalent tools.

Gem State Armory barrel wrench.

Palmetto State Armory.

Muzzle brakes and compensators.

Bolts and carriers with fancy coatings.

New startup no name ammunition manufacturers.

.300 Blackout.

Cheap optics.

There are probably more... I wish markm was still a member here so I wouldn't feel so alone.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

There are probably more...
View Quote

You hate more than you like! How anyone can hate A5 buffer system, is beyond me, especially if you've got a rifle that's a little over gassed.

For me? I'm 6'4, I have long arms and I shoot nose to charging handle. I love long, lightweight FF handguards. I get my support hand way out there and I put my thumb over the bore and go to town.

I've also been trained by a few different federal and state SRT guys. It works for me quite well and it don't bother me if ya hate me for it.

What drives me nuts:

BAD levers
A2 grips, I prefer a much more vertical grip angle
Cheap optics and lasers
Grip pods
Amazon quad rails
Builds without a lack of foresight or planning.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Sig brace.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

There are probably more... I wish markm was still a member here so I wouldn't feel so alone.
View Quote

Dude, you're gonna hate me! :

BCM middy upper, AIM Nitride bcg, AFAB hybrid muzzle device, vfg, Redi-Mag Redi-Catch & Redi-Release

Tomac
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You hate more than you like! How anyone can hate A5 buffer system, is beyond me, especially if you've got a rifle that's a little over gassed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

I'm actually going to put an A5 on my next lower to see if it will change my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

BCM middy upper, AIM Nitride bcg, AFAB hybrid muzzle device, vfg, Redi-Mag Redi-Catch & Redi-Release

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tomac/media/P3250001.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/P3250001.jpg</a>

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Sig brace.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tomac/media/P3250001.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/P3250001.jpg</a>

Tomac

I actually don't really hate any of those things. I just really dislike the fadding that happens around them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I agree.  I bought a BAD and liked it okay, but didn't fall in love with it.  Then I put one on one of my scoped ARs and it work really well when shooting prone if I wanted to drop the mag and hold the bolt back to swap loads.  It worked well enough I put another one on another scoped rifle I had.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will say this, in the past twelve years of building and owning ARs, I have seen a lot of fads come and go. I have seen many a guy buy the newest gadgets that come out. A lot of this stuff being junk. For many, it is a matter of being "tacticool" to the point of absurdity. I have tried new things like the MAGPUL B.A.D. lever shortly after it came out. I use one of three of my ARs. I like using tried and true products. I do not like to have a bunch of crap hanging all over any of my ARs. It has to be there for a totally useful and valid purpose. One thing I refuse to hang off any AR I own is a laser. A weaponlight is worthy, but not a laser. These days, we have a lot of newcomers to the AR platform and they think they have to have the latest gizmos on their ARs and they never think about how useful it will actually be. Fads will be fads, but any useful item will go the distance.

I agree.  I bought a BAD and liked it okay, but didn't fall in love with it.  Then I put one on one of my scoped ARs and it work really well when shooting prone if I wanted to drop the mag and hold the bolt back to swap loads.  It worked well enough I put another one on another scoped rifle I had.

Yeah....I bought a couple of the BAD levers.  I have one on a scoped 1 moa rifle and like it for the same reason you do.  Plus, it's nice to be able to (while bench-resting) insert a loaded magazine with the BCG locked back, wrap yourself around your rifle (getting your support arm/hand where you want it), getting crosshairs on target, and THEN going into full battery with the flick of your finger without taking your eyes off your target.

The other BAD lever I have is on a SHTF-type rifle (NOT my go-to gun).  I am only leaving it on there to see how many rounds it will take shooting through that rifle before the BAD lever fails.  So far @ 2,000 rounds and still functioning.  I haven't even checked it to see if the screw has loosened any.  FWIW, it's on a DPMS lower.

I don't have anything against the BAD levers, but I won't be purchasing any more of them nor one of their clones.

I guess if I have any sort of pet peeve (which I really don't as I believe in "to each their own") it would be the paint inside of the roll marks (or any of the etching for that matter).  I just never saw the need for it.  Kinda cheesy imo.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Sig brace.

Adjustable gas blocks.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

Cheap optics.

View Quote

I'm reading "old school who is pissed off his 5.56-based gear isn't considered awesome anymore"
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I like mine original-ish..unless that's a fad also.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like mine original-ish..unless that's a fad also.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/apocalypto3/AR_zpslezifftd.jpg

View Quote

I bet it looks good with some parachute pants.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#18]
If A1 or A2 uppers suddenly came back into fashion to the point where they were readily available from multiple vendors, I'd be OK with that.  
The Yo Dog rails on your rails on your rails thing got a bit ridiculous there for a while.  I'm glad that Mlock and keymod and such came along and allows the user to put shit where they want without making the gun weigh as much as a BAR.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If A1 or A2 uppers suddenly came back into fashion to the point where they were readily available from multiple vendors, I'd be OK with that.  

The Yo Dog rails on your rails on your rails thing got a bit ridiculous there for a while.  I'm glad that Mlock and keymod and such came along and allows the user to put shit where they want without making the gun weigh as much as a BAR.  
View Quote

One if my rifles has a 12" DD lite rail. Really not heavy at all. I don't care for the newer gimmicky rails like the key mod or mlock. But it doesn't bother me if folks spend their money on them
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm reading "old school who is pissed off his 5.56-based gear isn't considered awesome anymore"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Sig brace.

Adjustable gas blocks.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

Cheap optics.

I'm not pissed, I just don't like any of that newfangled doodadery.

I'm not really into old school stuff either. I'm actually firmly attached to the Gen 3 rifle bandwagon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm actually going to put an A5 on my next lower to see if it will change my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

I'm using a JP centerground spring and the standard a5 buffer with a 16in midlength and it's a really soft shooter. I'd be surprised if ya didn't likeit
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Alleged "AR dudes" like the one overheard at my LGS yapping loudly: "red dots and magnified optics are for mall ninjas.  We didn't use them on the teams."   Dude is 25, 5'5", 300 and change.  Bet he was hell in BUDS.  Tactifake is everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
The A5 is pretty nice.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I really don't care much what anyone uses as far as hating anything. Buy what makes you happy. When you first start out, you might do like I did and hang useless shit off of it, but you'll learn, and start to ask questions.

What am I going to use this gun for most of the time?

Then you will look to guys that are using theirs for that same or similar reason esp. professionals, and see some things that they all have in common. You then try some of those things out until you get your gun equipped the way it best fits you when you're practicing to shoot that way, like home defense, or medium , or long range,etc.

You have wind up with a couple that are different calibers, and outfit them differently, with input from experts and trial and error.

Basically, I don really hate anything, or anybody. I just try to figure out what helps me get rounds on target the fastest with the most accuracy within my limitations.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Magpul angled fore grip is a win for me. Broken both my wrists so its way less fatiguing for me. Add in the vertical pistol grips and the egos are also better for me.

Some shit has purpose beyond what most of you know.

Mind your own rifles and get off my lawn.

Eta

Midlength is better than carbine too.pfffffffft.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

muzzle brakes or comps

they belong on competition rifles or very large calibers  
View Quote

I agree there. Flash hider on any rifle I plan on fighting with. This is from direct experience in Iraq, where at night we were very keen on looking out for muzzle flashes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The A5 is pretty nice.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The A5 is pretty nice.  

The A5 is amazing!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Magpul angled fore grip is a win for me. Broken both my wrists so its way less fatiguing for me. Add in the vertical pistol grips and the egos are also better for me.

Eta

View Quote

Cavgunner,

Do the AFG's really help out that much? I broke both my wrists and have a bunch of stainless steel in the form of plates and screws in them. The left had more damage and twisting can be a pain (no joke) along with nerve damage leaving me with no feeling in my thumb, index, middle and half of the ring finger. I worked it back to have most of the supination through physical therapy, but that too can be pushed. I am not crazy about VFG's and tried one out. It helped but I removed it. I was actually thinking of trying out an AFG.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Cavgunner,

Do the AFG's really help out that much? I broke both my wrists and have a bunch of stainless steel in the form of plates and screws in them. The left had more damage and twisting can be a pain (no joke) along with nerve damage leaving me with no feeling in my thumb, index, middle and half of the ring finger. I worked it back to have most of the supination through physical therapy, but that too can be pushed. I am not crazy about VFG's and tried one out. It helped but I removed it. I was actually thinking of trying out an AFG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eta

Cavgunner,

I started with a VFG.
If I grip the rail flat it increases the angle between my hand and forearm, stressing the damaged tendons. I can do it but fatigue increases and Im aching more after range or training session. Same with pistol grips.  A1 and A2 grips are definetly a nogo. Im using the bcm gunfighter mod 0 I think. I had a stark for a while but it was too fat.

Hope this helps. I got my AFG's cheap used on the EEU. Same with the pistol grips. I try lots of things to see what worked best for me. Only rule is buy qualuty, if it doesn't work it can be sold.

Both my rifles are simple.

ETA pics
I'm trying the TI-7 stock too. Not bad so far.
" />
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lasers on rifles or handguns - cannot stand either.
AFGs too. All matter of stupid looking lowers with skull shapes and crap.

View Quote

I must confess, I have a laser on my rifle, but it's IR for NV use... and awesome in that role. The DBAL I have came with a visible as well, but I see little use for it besides taking a shot from a position in which I can't look down my sights properly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rattlecaned ARs.  Every time I see one, I almost sneeze.  The smell and feel of that paint.. Looking at it is like a chalk board screech.
Good coatings like dura-cera-aluma- whatevera.. Are fine.
But that cheap obnoxious smelling crap on a nice gun.. It's like ketchup on filet mignom.  Don't get me started on trying to make it look like it's been to war after all the work of getting it on there in the first place.
View Quote

sounds like you want one but can't bring yersef to do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#32]
People who care too much about what other people like, as if they are somehow being personally offended by the fact that someone likes something they don't like.

People who go on and on about how their rifle is tactical, their flashlight is tactical, their scope is tactical, their sling is tactical, their clothes are tactical, their manpurse is tactical, etc. etc. etc. who don't know the first fucking thing about tactics.  

I'd much rather take four PFCs who could follow directions and knew how to maneuver, armed with Carbon15s and NcStar scopes into a fight than four of the "I spend more in a year than you spent on your car on tactical guns and tactical accessories and tactical training classes where I stand around and shoot at paper offhand and look fancy, so now I'm going to talk down to you because I'm a serious tactical gunfighter."  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols. NFA laws yo

Sig brace. see above

Super duper lightweight AR parts. whats wrong with reducing weight?

Adjustable gas blocks. do you not like suppressors?

Key-Mod. it replaces cheese graters and excess weight

M-Lok. above

Hand stops.

The BAD lever. its great for prone shooting handloads

Midlength gas systems. reducing operating roughness, and potentially reducing wear and tear is a fad?

A5 buffer system.

Geissele Reaction Rod and equivalent tools. theyre great for muzzle device work and non standard shaped uppers

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout. supress it yo

Cheap optics.

View Quote

You need a suppressed 300blk pistol with an adjustable gas system in Mlok so you can put a hand stop or vertical grip on it. I also hear PSA has 300blk ammo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
People who care too much about what other people like, as if they are somehow being personally offended by the fact that someone likes something they don't like.

People who go on and on about how their rifle is tactical, their flashlight is tactical, their scope is tactical, their sling is tactical, their clothes are tactical, their manpurse is tactical, etc. etc. etc. who don't know the first fucking thing about tactics.  

I'd much rather take four PFCs who could follow directions and knew how to maneuver, armed with Carbon15s and NcStar scopes into a fight than four of the "I spend more in a year than you spent on your car on tactical guns and tactical accessories and tactical training classes where I stand around and shoot at paper offhand and look fancy, so now I'm going to talk down to you because I'm a serious tactical gunfighter."  

~Augee
View Quote

Agreed; The tactical actions of the person holding the rifle are far more important than the rifle itself.

The most important 6 inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#35]
The trends on this forum and youtube give me whiplash.

Chicken wing, don't chicken wing, costa grip, don't costa grip, quad rail, nonrailed HG, long handguard, don't SBR, SBR all, pic 1913, keymod, mlok, costa, hate costa, travis, hate travis

X brand, hate x brand, colt, no colt, HK, no HK, FN, no FN, 55gr, 62gr, back to 55gr, 75gr, 62gr, 55gr, 1:9 twist, 1:7 twist, 1:8 twist, 1:7 twist, 1:8 twist, 1:9 twist.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean like the old flint lock rifles?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

~Augee
View Quote

Hit the nail on the head.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

One if my rifles has a 12" DD lite rail. Really not heavy at all. I don't care for the newer gimmicky rails like the key mod or mlock. But it doesn't bother me if folks spend their money on them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Quality quad rails really aren't all that heavy. For example - a BCM KMR-Alpha 10'' rail is 8.5oz and a DDM4 10 is 11oz. 2.5 whole ounces. Most people more than make that up other areas of the gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Forward assist. OK, I know it can't really be called a "fad" since it's been around for so long. However, it's existence in the first place was a knee-jerk reaction to the military's own stupidity and corner cutting, that was quickly rendered obsolete by the use of modern powders. I carried abused/neglected issued M16s for 8 years with the Army through three different deployments totaling two and a half years, using crap surplus ammo, and what little worn out cleaning supplies someone else felt were necessary or not. I never once actually needed that damn forward assist and have built plenty of guns in my civilian life without them.

Full lefty versions. I'm a lefty myself. The brass deflector was a world of change from the a1 to a2, for me. Ambi charging handle? Ambi mag release? ambi selector? Love 'em to death and put them on every gun I own. Left side eject? No thanks. It just pushes me further into proprietary lefty parts that is unnecessary, as long as that brass deflector is there.

Outside of gear, a recent practice that so many people have fallen in love with, but I hate, is the press-check. I don't care if you think it's tacticool, just don't expect me to waste my time doing it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Forward assist. OK, I know it can't really be called a "fad" since it's been around for so long. However, it's existence in the first place was a knee-jerk reaction to the military's own stupidity and corner cutting, that was quickly rendered obsolete by the use of modern powders. I carried abused/neglected issued M16s for 8 years with the Army through three different deployments totaling two and a half years, using crap surplus ammo, and what little worn out cleaning supplies someone else felt were necessary or not. I never once actually needed that damn forward assist and have built plenty of guns in my civilian life without them.

Full lefty versions. I'm a lefty myself. The brass deflector was a world of change from the a1 to a2, for me. Ambi charging handle? Ambi mag release? ambi selector? Love 'em to death and put them on every gun I own. Left side eject? No thanks. It just pushes me further into proprietary lefty parts that is unnecessary, as long as that brass deflector is there.

Outside of gear, a recent practice that so many people have fallen in love with, but I hate, is the press-check. I don't care if you think it's tacticool, just don't expect me to waste my time doing it.
View Quote

BUAHAHAHA! Press-check? Pretty fucking stupid. There's a distinct difference in sound, and feel between the BCG going into battery with a round, and the BCG going into battery without a round. If you can't tell the difference you need not be behind that weapon.

Keep it up "Tacticool" kids. Pretty gay!
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

haha...  yeah, and I keep hoping people will get over this football fad soon...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am hoping the whole AR fad goes away and a good solid gun becomes the new fad.

haha...  yeah, and I keep hoping people will get over this football fad soon...

Right?! I mean Pizza... What's the big deal?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#42]
I find it entertaining to look through the picture threads and see how the modern musket has evolved.  The same goes with practices that influence the configurations as well.  For awhile we were seeing changes coming from the battle field.  Lately it's 3-gun competition.it would be neat to have a time machine just to peek at what people will be running 5-10 years from now.

Regarding items of questionable use, I never cared for the quad-railed gas blocks or tri-railed scope risers.  I normally see these on sale at guns shows among other pieces of cheap, imported clamp-on gizmos, and usually at the same table is a rifle sporting several lasers, alights and optics on theses railed sections.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#43]
The AR industry has more in common with the fashion industry than the gun industry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Why are IR lasers fads? Shooting at night with NVGs is fun plain and simple. I'm not trying to "own the night" when I do it either.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You need a suppressed 300blk pistol with an adjustable gas system in Mlok so you can put a hand stop or vertical grip on it. I also hear PSA has 300blk ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols. NFA laws yo

Sig brace. see above

M-Lok. above

Hand stops.

Midlength gas systems. reducing operating roughness, and potentially reducing wear and tear is a fad?

A5 buffer system.

Geissele Reaction Rod and equivalent tools. theyre great for muzzle device work and non standard shaped uppers

Palmetto State Armory.

Cheap optics.

Your offending my good sensibilities.

As for adjustable gas blocks and suppressor use, I would just deal with that in a different way by using LMT Enhanced carriers and experimenting with the different weight buffers in the A5 buffer system that made it on my list.

I also use LMT Enhanced carriers to "fix" the overgassed 16 inch barrel and carbine gas system. Which is why I never really warmed up to the midlength gas system.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't care if people put tapco, utg, and ncstar stuff on their rifles. I DO care when said people come up and act like their rifle is the best damn thing money can buy and proceed to talk shit about mine.

One of the main things I dislike are the obnoxious logos on parts and accessories these days.

Skeltonized uppers, lowers, and pistol grips. I know they're meant for lightweight competition guns but I can't stand them.

Unsuppressed brakes/comps on anything other than competition guns.

Novelty lowers featuring skulls and warthogs along with anything else that makes an AR look like a toy.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols.

Sig brace.

Adjustable gas blocks.

Key-Mod.

M-Lok.

Hand stops.

The BAD lever.

Midlength gas systems.

A5 buffer system.

Sprinco springs.

Palmetto State Armory.

.300 Blackout.

Cheap optics.

View Quote

Bawhahahaha! I enjoyed reading that and agree with most of that. I'll add that I hate that the manufacturer of the AR pistol grip that looks like it was taken off of a .357 magnum revolver... Damn I hate that fuckin' thing!
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As for adjustable gas blocks and suppressor use. I would just deal with that in a different way by using LMT Enhanced carriers and experimenting with the different weight buffers in the A5 buffer system that made it on my list.

I also use LMT Enhanced carriers to "fix" the overgassed 16 inch barrel and carbine gas system. Which is why I never really warmed up to the midlength gas system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Costa hold.

Piston ARs.

AR pistols. NFA laws yo

Sig brace. see above

M-Lok. above

Hand stops.

A5 buffer system.

Palmetto State Armory.

Cheap optics.

As for adjustable gas blocks and suppressor use. I would just deal with that in a different way by using LMT Enhanced carriers and experimenting with the different weight buffers in the A5 buffer system that made it on my list.

enhanced bolt carrier groups are such a fad
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

For me it's the magpul bolt release lever gizmo or any variation from company to company. I just personally don't like them at all....
View Quote
I have one bad lever and use it for my Dissipator with a Redi-Mag.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate this "scan for threats" fad that's going on.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top