BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I like the idea of a short, folding stock .44mag or 30-30 all around utility rifle. It's looks are "non traditional", I don't have any problem with that. Others will.
I tote around a light, handy 44 mag pump carbine right now and love it for a large variety of (rural northern AZ mountain) uses, ammo matches up with my N-frame as well.
Make them real, make them short, make them light, I'll buy one if they're rugged & reliable. And in 44 mag.
357 mag would be more popular, imo.
Lightweight rucksack/truck/campsite guns in decent, closer range bigger bore thumping calibers have a place in the world. Responsible hiking/camping Dads might just buy them.
Not owning any current trend/fad guns.....I could be completely wrong tho .
Tweakers, creeps and feral dogs are just about everwhere now. Super light packable with a caliber that hits hard up close, I dig.
A 45-70 based model would just kill it, again imo. But I love the 45-70.
View Quote
Vulcan, Timberwolf, or...?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like it OP, but then again the mossberg 464 with AR but stock is growing on me
View Quote
embrace the change

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Vulcan, Timberwolf, or...?
View Quote
Mines an old IMI Timberwolf, 5.5 LB. I love it and wish they were still made. At least we still have the lever 44's.

I'd almost buy ANY 44 mag light/short carbine that's reliable, pump, lever, semiauto. Would love a lightweight AR 44.
Folding stock would be frosting on the cake for a handy carbine.
I'm about to adapt a folder to my Timberwolf.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
Good grief I can see a whole lot of utility for one of those around here. And a whole lotta fun as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good grief I can see a whole lot of utility for one of those around here. And a whole lotta fun as well.
View Quote
They are really handy, it's a great gun to scabbard on a backpack frame

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

AR  mags??
View Quote
Good Idea, but I do not know if they could fit, even with an adapter?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like the idea of a short, folding stock .44mag or 30-30 all around utility rifle. It's looks are "non traditional", I don't have any problem with that. Others will.
I tote around a light, handy 44 mag pump carbine right now and love it for a large variety of (rural northern AZ mountain) uses, ammo matches up with my N-frame as well.
Make them real, make them short, make them light, I'll buy one if they're rugged & reliable. And in 44 mag.
357 mag would be more popular, imo.
Lightweight rucksack/truck/campsite guns in decent, closer range bigger bore thumping calibers have a place in the world. Responsible hiking/camping Dads might just buy them.
Not owning any current trend/fad guns.....I could be completely wrong tho .
Tweakers, creeps and feral dogs are just about everwhere now. Super light packable with a caliber that hits hard up close, I dig.
A 45-70 based model would just kill it, again imo. But I love the 45-70.
View Quote
44 mag, short barrel, folding stock... and a short stroke!
Sounds nice to me...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I surprisingly don't hate this idea.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
what if it did this?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I like it!

I am not surprised to see alot of butt hurt people. O well. I hope you have fun with it. I would get one if i had the money. Have a threaded barrel for a suppressor and it would be even more awesome.

I dont think people get the idea behind the tacticool mossberg 464. It was mainly made to piss off gun control freaks because when it was made it had all of the feature that made it an evil scary assault rifle, but it could be owned in banned states.
I dont know the laws in those states now, so i dont know if it is still legal in them any more. But i liked the idea of having a factory threaded lever gun to be able to suppress it easier. Just replace the plastic furniture with wood.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#11]

This grip and lever style with a sliding stock, ala MP5 may be a cool route. Would of course require working around loading port on a modern design action.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#12]
My thoughts are that an actual grip like what the OP is showing only works well if you can maintain that grip throughout the shooting process.  People who know how to shoot a lever gun quickly do not hook their thumbs around the stock because it slows down working the lever after each shot.  With that in mind, I believe an actual pistol grip may make operating the lever less efficient as opposed to the standard lever action stocks.

The best way to find out if this is a good idea is to let the Cowboy Action Shooting guys try it and see if it improves their performance or not.

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd be interested in a folding stock for a Marlin 336, that's for sure. It would be the ultimate truck/brush gun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top