Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:04:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Lets get this thread back on track.

So Mark, for those of us who have been kicking tires, waiting on buying a precision bolt, looking at Sako, Tikka, Ruger, Savage etc. How much do you think we should squirrel away, ball park, to be able to afford one of your new bolts? Would 2k get us there, bare bones?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont have enough for a ticket but I'll donate this to the loser.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The bet is about TranQuilo suppressor repeatability, not whether your mom will buy you new teeth.

Here's the deal -

We have Goatboy come down to Leander, he tapes over the serial numbers, personally hands them in whatever random order he pleases to JM ... after 5 cans / 5 shots, he posts the target in a thread with a poll and ARFcom votes a yes/no perma-ban for you.  

How does that sound ? Neither you or your mom will be out any money.  I buy Goatboy's gas and hotel bill.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
12_guage chases me around the board, thinking he's all big and bad.  In keeping with his MO, he came to impugn me.

ETA - if he's got something, anything of real cash value that he'd be brave enough to place on the betting table ... of course cash itself will work.

What's the bet?
What's the buy-in?

I think a boxing match would be awesome, personally. Me vs. You, $15 per ticket. Can you imagine the stoopid amount of revenue that would generate!? Now that! Would be epic. Win or lose, I'd do it in a heartbeat. We can use 16oz gloves and mouthguards, (no sense in either of us paying dental bills), and the rest of the gear and rules are up to you. Serious offer! I'll donate 90% of the proceeds to Children's hospital or St. Jude, if I win. You do what you want with yours if you do.

Now that! Would be a fun event!

The bet is about TranQuilo suppressor repeatability, not whether your mom will buy you new teeth.

Here's the deal -

We have Goatboy come down to Leander, he tapes over the serial numbers, personally hands them in whatever random order he pleases to JM ... after 5 cans / 5 shots, he posts the target in a thread with a poll and ARFcom votes a yes/no perma-ban for you.  

How does that sound ? Neither you or your mom will be out any money.  I buy Goatboy's gas and hotel bill.

Hrmmmm...going to bring my mother into this? I think last time you insulted my father. My mother is a stay at home wife, fyi, and I pay my own bills. Becuase, you know...work.

Anyway, I don't believe I accused you of gaming it. I even expressed doubt that you did.

What you have done is effectively gotten off on a tangent when I asked for a quantifiable measure of less backpressure, and dB reduction performance...

*can I safely assume that there will be no boxing match?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
^^^

Just as I thought, the thought of your mom's basement without ARFcom is a bridge too far ...

We'll do it anyhow, just to see if you'd have got voted off the ARFipelago.

View Quote

Haha, let me know if you change your mind on the boxing match. I'm in your area often enough. I know words suit you better,  so I feel a bit like a fraud challenging you to something like that, but it would have been a potential boon for charity. For the children, do it for the children!

Oh...and about that backpressure and dB info you keep ignoring...yeah...people would like thay almost as much as they would the boxing match.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
^^^

Ha ha,  whatever.

I know one thing, you just ginned up a great way to garner mucho attention to another great LaRue product.  Maybe I'll send you a gift card to Ryan's steakhouse after what little smoke there'll be clears.

View Quote

Or you could show us dB readings and demonstrate backpressure reduction of your suppressor...

*what is it with you and parents?
*what is it with you and basement living, cheap buffets, etc?

Sometimes I wish I was in the psych aspect of healthcare instead of critical care. I bet there's a lot to ya, Mark.

*still totally on for the boxing match. Give the word, big guy!*
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The first is coming up in a couple weeks, using nuttin' but a 410 and my UHFO contest, it will be a good time to theoretically launch 12_gauge right off the island.

View Quote

I'm more of a boxer than a wordsmith. Let me know if you change your mind. Think of the publicity!  GD thread of the century!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My monthly UHFO gets 20,000 views when I push it, and trust me, I'll be pushing it..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The first is coming up in a couple weeks, using nuttin' but a 410 and my UHFO contest, it will be a good time to theoretically launch 12_gauge right off the island.

I'm more of a boxer than a wordsmith. Let me know if you change your mind. Think of the publicity!  GD thread of the century!

My monthly UHFO gets 20,000 views when I push it, and trust me, I'll be pushing it..

What if I get significantly more advertising the match? I do, will ya? Take a bet big guy...you down?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He, he, he ...

We'll shoot brand new, unfired TranQuilos, that way there's no way to have had prior dope as 12_gauge accused, then I'll donate them to Goatboy to auction off with  the proceeds going to ARFcom, you know, to cover costs not covered by non-paying members.  

View Quote

I'll take that as a bob  and weave on the match (we can make it full contact, whatever, i just figure you more for a boxer if you ever run out of words or ways to back down from the prospect) . Funny since I never said you did anything unethical in your Poi test that you've run with it so hard...so how about them dB and backpressure demos?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It will be epic ...

12_gauge, you'll go down in history as the guy that helped launch our suppressors with a vengeance.

View Quote

Well, that is a lot more epic than Mark LaRue going down in history as the guy who responded to an invitation to settle something by stepping into the ring by making quips about mothers, cheap buffets, and monumental noncommitance. So much beta.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LOL.

12_gauge, back on the farm we called the position you just found yourself in as "hog tied".

View Quote

Is that so? You want to tie me up big man? Threatening me with what you think is a good time?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is that so? You want to tie me up big man? Threatening me with what you think is a good time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

12_gauge, back on the farm we called the position you just found yourself in as "hog tied".

12_gauge, please take your dick measuring "big man" talk somewhere other than the tech forums.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

12_gauge, please take your dick measuring "big man" talk somewhere other than the tech forums.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

Mark surprised me when he turned this thread into what it is, for sure. That said, stay in your lane. Or are you an "honorary moderator sans  title"?

Ps. Your boy still hasn't told us about dB reduction or backpressure reduction. He'd rather drama than facts. Read his dodges and tangents to those two points all through this page.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets get this thread back on track.

So Mark, for those of us who have been kicking tires, waiting on buying a precision bolt, looking at Sako, Tikka, Ruger, Savage etc. How much do you think we should squirrel away, ball park, to be able to afford one of your new bolts? Would 2k get us there, bare bones?

Yes.  

Excited about this! I guess I will have to have the matching suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mark surprised me when he turned this thread into what it is, for sure. That said, stay in your lane. Or are you an "honorary moderator sans  title"?

Ps. Your boy still hasn't told us about dB reduction or backpressure reduction. He'd rather drama than facts. Read his dodges and tangents to those two points all through this page.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

I think it's time for a ban. Whatever you tried to accomplish in this thread backfired.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think it's time for a ban. Whatever you tried to accomplish in this thread backfired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

Well one thing is sure, and that's that larue is dodging answering about his product. Sidetracked the thread by trying to make a bet with me, etc. So I guess if bans are in order, it will be interesting how you...I mean, a real mod...decides on thay one.

Mark...

DB readings?
Quantifiable backpressure reduction data?

????
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if 12gauge has a set of Viking horns?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

Nah, I'm not a honorary moderator, I'm a guy that is tired of douchebags like you that have something to prove and seem to hold a personal grudge for whatever reason and seek out opportunities to create drama. If you want to ask about sound readings and back pressure, there is a way to do it without being a douche like you're being. OH EM GEE GUYZ! LETS HAVE A BOXING MATCH OVER A SUPPRESSOR, GUYZ!! Grow up already.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nah, I'm not a honorary moderator, I'm a guy that is tired of douchebags like you that have something to prove and seem to hold a personal grudge for whatever reason and seek out opportunities to create drama. If you want to ask about sound readings and back pressure, there is a way to do it without being a douche like you're being. OH EM GEE GUYZ! LETS HAVE A BOXING MATCH OVER A SUPPRESSOR, GUYZ!! Grow up already.
View Quote

I love how you absolutely ignore that Mark LaRue is the one who made this a personal competition. I'm simply tired of him running his suck with nothing to back it up. If he wants a personal competition, let's make it one worth having, "settle it like men", is the term we use where I am from. Not some keyboard crap. But, it always seems with him that when valid questions are posed, he will introduce drama (you will note I asked succinctly about backpressure and dB on page 2, and ever since then, and he has always responded with outlandish things) and avoid answering questions, and ineveitable a few of his fanboys show up, and the questions get buried deeper and deeper. So, I offered to "settle it" with Mark, he declined, and he still has not (nor will he likely) address backpressure or sound in a quantifiable manner. So, hop off the fanboywagon and go read page 2, where Mark issues the first personal challenge mentioned in this thread, insults my estate, and begins the "bravado" comments, if you want to find a place to point the finger on the topic of  "dick measuring" in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#30]
this thread is dildos now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least they're ribbed for our pleasure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Mark has already addressed the sound test in other threads.

Once they get out in the field test will be ran. Mark is not putting out any numbers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Once they get out in the field test will be ran. Mark is not putting out any numbers.
View Quote

Was backpressure or ROF addressed quantifiably?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, but he did take a blow torch to one.  Why a blowtorch?  i have no idea.  if you want a suppressor to heat up why not do somethhtting realistic and just shoot it.

this is just another strange test to prove strange claims

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I love how you absolutely ignore that Mark LaRue is the one who made this a personal competition. I'm simply tired of him running his suck with nothing to back it up. If he wants a personal competition, let's make it one worth having, "settle it like men", is the term we use where I am from. Not some keyboard crap. But, it always seems with him that when valid questions are posed, he will introduce drama (you will note I asked succinctly about backpressure and dB on page 2, and ever since then, and he has always responded with outlandish things) and avoid answering questions, and ineveitable a few of his fanboys show up, and the questions get buried deeper and deeper. So, I offered to "settle it" with Mark, he declined, and he still has not (nor will he likely) address backpressure or sound in a quantifiable manner. So, hop off the fanboywagon and go read page 2, where Mark issues the first personal challenge mentioned in this thread, insults my estate, and begins the "bravado" comments, if you want to find a place to point the finger on the topic of  "dick measuring" in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't own a single Larue product so you'll have to find another reason why I'm in this besides calling me a fanboy or sack rider. What I see is you saying it would be easy for him to have faked the results then proceeded to offer a boxing match while he was saying he would bet you (in a shooting confirmation) that it wasn't. Again, you're taking whatever grudge you have against him and trying to make it physical. If you're that wound up over someone on the internet that you want to prove how big of a badass you are in a boxing match then you should probably seek professional help with your anger and step away from the internet for long needed break. If it is true that you stalk him on the forum looking to start shit I can't say that I blame him for thinking that is the only reason why you're in this thread. You've requested numbers, fine. If he has them he'll provide them. If not, take your shit talking to the GD or somewhere else beside a tech forum. If you want to behave like an adult, then stick around, but your "I'm going to beat your ass" attitude is not welcome here, moderator or not.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://www.laruetactical.com/sites/default/files/TranquiloM308_20.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.laruetactical.com/sites/default/files/TranquiloM308_20.JPG

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Goatboy,

We need to shoot this test pretty quick in order for me to have a nice post ready on the 1st ... email me your window to come down to Leander.

ML
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get this thread back on track and end the trolling and bickering.

Thank you.

Goatboy,

We need to shoot this test pretty quick in order for me to have a nice post ready on the 1st ... email me your window to come down to Leander.

ML

Nice!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

no, but he did take a blow torch to one.  Why a blowtorch?  i have no idea.  if you want a suppressor to heat up why not do somethhtting realistic and just shoot it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blow torch was probably used to heat the can up to 600 degrees to test integrity of the can during heat build up under sustained fire instead of $50/box ammo. Just my guess though.  How many rounds would it take to heat the can up to 600 degrees when your're using a bolt action?

ETA: One shot per second is probably the fastest rate of fire you could expect using that rifle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#41]
A little piece of me died reading this thread...
Either buy LaRue products or don't. Challenge the man to a boxing match? Grow up.

On topic: Any chance we can see the baffles? Are they clipped?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#42]
mark,love the test.i have 2 on order and am thrilled to see they can be exchanged with little to no change in dope.since i'm new to the supressor game i cant wait to fit up my tobrs with the cans.
i'm sure they will make shooting more enjoyable for myself and especally my 10 yr old daughter. as i think the muzzle blast scares them more than anything.
i will be happy to test my 2 supressors when they show up to see how they compare to your test.

so when i get my hands on one of these will it function flawlessly with the 7.62 tobr by just flipping the switch or is a spring change necessary? what about the 5.56
are these cans a flip the switch and shoot modification or is there a tuning curve to get them to run 100%

pete
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Soooo... just to save anyone from the drama who's just jumped at this point, this whole thread can be summed up in another currently running on this forum:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/452303_Direct_thread_can___different_POI_shift_each_time_you_thread_on_the_can_.html
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's always that guy who wants to be that guy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't believe LaRue messed with any of the results.  Base don the products I own of his already I don't believe him to be a guy who settles for mediocre results from any of his products.  

That's a hell of a deal for a quality .30 suppressor.  

I will definitely take a look at one when I have the cash.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Well this circle jerk has run its course.
Page / 3
Top Top