Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2023 3:28:17 PM EDT
SO I have an older Darton Mustang, have had it for 25 years or so, it has been in storage in a plastic case in a closet for 20+ years.
I found it moving and wife wanted to shoot it.

It has been strung for 25 years, I was afraid It would break a limb if string broke shooting it.

So I went to 2 local shops and it was going to cost ~$200 to put new string on it.. is that the going price?

SO what are thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If the cost includes the string and all the necessary adjustments, then I'd say that $200.00 is on the high side of average.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
America's Best Bowstrings sells strings for the Mustang of different qualities from $119 - 179. So if they were quoting on the mid grade @ 149, they're only looking at $50 for the install and any tuning.

However, I'm not sure which Mustang model that is since they made two different models with that name.

Either way, a +25 year old bow+string replacement(which may be hard to source)+the work necessary to do a basic tune isn't going to be the cheapest thing.

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I lost this thread, may go ahead with it, it was a good bow, not fastest but it shot good

Thanks for info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top