Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2019 8:31:33 PM EDT
I just read that vane-length is important with fixed-blade broadheads. I use 125g Muzzies.

Could that be why I've suddenly become far, far less accurate after switching from aluminum to graphites with 1.5" vanes? My fundamentals seem intact but, in truth, even with practice tips accuracy has gone south.

I thought it was my new bow and not being used to it - or, I thought maybe the arrows couldn't handle the increased speed.

The fletching never occurred to me!

My new bow isn't lightening fast by today's standards (never chrono'd it), but what would you guys recommend?

2"? 3"?

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 10:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12bhunting] [#1]
I couldn't tell a difference in grouping from 4" feathers to 2" blazers, so I went with blazers with strong right heli.
I also shoot slick tricks with no problem .
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah. Okay.

I'll try that, since I have a fletching jig.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top