Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2024 9:29:46 PM EDT
Were there any proposed restrictions on types of buffer tubes on pistols without braces?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:20:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#1]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:
Were there any proposed restrictions on types of buffer tubes on pistols without braces?
View Quote

None of that matters at this time, but when AFT was publishing all the "criteria" for their ban there was a mention of buffer tube length not being any longer than necessary for function of the firearm.  Their point apparently being it would be an aid to shouldering.  I have a 9" round tube on an "other" or "firearm" purely to make my 10.5" gun's OAL over 26" for addition of a VFG.  Prior to the injunction, under AFT's directive, I would have had to disassemble that rig.  But, for now, she is still intact.

The directive called for removing the brace, but you could keep the carbine buffer tube as is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

None of that matters at this time, but when AFT was publishing all the "criteria" for their ban there was a mention of buffer tube length not being any longer than necessary for function of the firearm.  Their point apparently being it would be an aid to shouldering.  I have a 9" round tube on an "other" or "firearm" purely to make my 10.5" gun's OAL over 26" for addition of a VFG.  Prior to the injunction, under AFT's directive, I would have had to disassemble that rig.  But, for now, she is still intact.

The directive called for removing the brace, but you could keep the carbine buffer tube as is.
View Quote

Thank you, what I was looking for.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top