Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2024 11:26:30 AM EDT

Well my ride down the rabbit hole of trying to find more info on the Norinco AR clones has found yet another wild thing I wasnt expecting. I guess in 2010 Norinco unveiled an M311 LMG that uses A2 style uppers. Im surprised I didnt know about this 14 years ago. Other then the Factory 626 x39 prototype and the 311 themselves anyone know of any other goofy Chinese ARs? I must search the ends of the Earth to find a stock set for this.

I have no money but I must CLONE

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Why does no image link ever work? Mods pls fix

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting take on the Colt LMG, the soft club foot stock is unusual too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tiger222:
Interesting take on the Colt LMG, the soft club foot stock is unusual too.
View Quote

The club foot is pretty typical of Norinco's 311 Series. Pretty unique stock. I love their Revolver pistol grips they used to put on their rifles
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty neat, especially that stock. Also, they beat Magpul to the D50 market. I wonder if that colorfill is original or done by an owner.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The CQ-A aka M4 clone is being imported regularly over here
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Frens:
The CQ-A aka M4 clone is being imported regularly over here
View Quote

What about the standard 311 20" inch rifles? Ive also heard that the Chinese ARs use ALOT of MIM parts. Can you attest to that?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ovewatch3985:

What about the standard 311 20" inch rifles? Ive also heard that the Chinese ARs use ALOT of MIM parts. Can you attest to that?
View Quote

The 311 were very popular in the 90s when the Colt & Oly were the only US made options.. but more expensive as well.

Never owned a Norinco… I’ve heard/read that the 311 was not milspec since it was reverse engineered.. all threads were metric.
The newer M4 on the other hand is compatible with us parts.

Can’t comment on the MIM parts.. the 311 was known to have 6061 receivers.
No info are available on never models afaik.

They’re popular in Canada as well.. maybe some of your neighbors up north have more info
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]
That is very cool, especially the stock and handguard.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top