Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2023 6:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial]
I want to switch to .300 BLK for home defense.  I put this 8” marauder-style upper together for a simple clean build; sight, light, can and sling.

All it needs now is  a light.

What are some good light mounting options for Magpul SL handguards that keep the light nice and tight? I’m fine with the light being activated via momentary tailcap or using something like a switch mounted on the opposite side (modbutton mlok, ST07, etc…).  I’m fine with having to modify parts.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Arisaka Inline mount is probably what you seek. Shunts the light forward, but doesn't do much else.

For a switch, pretty much anything is gonna work. Surefire switch using the Magpul MLOK remote switch mount is as good a choice as any.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 9:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackie] [#2]
I like this one with the end cap switch because there’s not a lot of real estate to work with. It’s simple but effective…

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/smc-m300a-m600c-scout-light-mount-n-slot/
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blackie:
I like this one with the end cap switch because there’s not a lot of real estate to work with. It’s simple but effective…

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/smc-m300a-m600c-scout-light-mount-n-slot/
View Quote

I wouldn't order from there, the owner/founder died and I don't know if they're still operating or sending out products.

OP if it were me I'd use either a cantilever mount or an offset mount, whichever fits your grip best to put your thumb in position behind the clicky tail cap. Magpul and Arisaka both make good ones.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:08:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnaitN] [#4]
Originally Posted By TheRat:

I wouldn't order from there, the owner/founder died and I don't know if they're still operating or sending out products.

OP if it were me I'd use either a cantilever mount or an offset mount, whichever fits your grip best to put your thumb in position behind the clicky tail cap. Magpul and Arisaka both make good ones.
View Quote

That would make sense considering there's no "BUY" button on that page... I was feeling like a real dumbass finding one.  

I'm basically in the same boat, looking to figure out how to mount PROBABLY a Streamlight HL-X alongside the right side of a fixed sight post from SL handguards...  I was looking at the Arisaka, however I'm not sure if it'd work because of the orientation of the MLOK slots.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Surefire Scout Pro. You can rotate the light as tight to the handguard as you want. I'm running one on standard MOE handguards and have it tucked against the FSB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#6]
I have the surefire 340dft on my home defense gun. It has the pivoting mount, so you can suck it in tight to the gun. It mounts to mlok, is small enough to run on a short handguard without eating up too much space and works very well. Some people complain about the run time, but on a home defense gun, how much run time do you need? For my use the compact size beats out run time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By erwos:
Arisaka Inline mount is probably what you seek. Shunts the light forward, but doesn't do much else.

For a switch, pretty much anything is gonna work. Surefire switch using the Magpul MLOK remote switch mount is as good a choice as any.
View Quote

This.  I only run their inline mounts.  Throw a 300 series light on and done.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top