Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2024 5:40:26 PM EDT
In my search, I couldn't find any.

I'm not talking about barrels and parts, I'm talking about complete functioning semi-auto AR-15 rifles with some sort of reasonable magazine capacity.

Tony

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Also curious, but I am patiently waiting for the 440 Legend

Or perhaps the 429 Legend, but they like round numbers
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:04:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
One video showed a assm'd 400L , 18" with Winc. 215gr chrono'd at 1810fps.
View Quote

Was the gun being fired repeatedly in semi auto, being fed from a magazine?  Or was it just single shots?

Tony

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:33:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#4]
Man, that is   S  L  O  W   compared to a 200 gr. XTP out of the .400 SOCOM.  The   video I looked at said 2250 fps but was single loaded in a bolt action rifle and no chronograph was set up.  That's still slow compared to the .400 SOCOM.

In this video it was over 400 fps slower than the box advertised 2250 fps (20" barrel) with a two inch shorter barrel (18" barrel), giving only 1820 ish fps, and he could not get even two rounds to fire without it malfunctioning (AR and magazine fed) when shooting through the chrono while holding the rifle off hand.  It worked OK off the lead sled bench though, again, mag fed AR.  It grouped well but I did not hear the range but it looked like no more than 50 yards, maybe even 25.  I did not listen to every word of the video so if he said the range, I missed it.  Regardless, not impressed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hellion-Productions] [#6]
Look up the YouTube channel The Turkey's Opinion.

He has been working up a .400 Legend upper for a year now.

400 LEGEND is Here! Factory Ammo TESTED!?? Wow!

Unbiased results from either perspective.

T II (T2?) Armory developed his barrel and upper.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
Man, that is   S  L  O  W   compared to a 200 gr. XTP out of the .400 SOCOM.  The   video I looked at said 2250 fps but was single loaded in a bolt action rifle and no chronograph was set up.  That's still slow compared to the .400 SOCOM.

In this video it was over 400 fps slower than the box advertised 2250 fps (20" barrel) with a two inch shorter barrel (18" barrel), giving only 1820 ish fps, and he could not get even two rounds to fire without it malfunctioning (AR and magazine fed) when shooting through the chrono while holding the rifle off hand.  It worked OK off the lead sled bench though, again, mag fed AR.  It grouped well but I did not hear the range but it looked like no more than 50 yards, maybe even 25.  I did not listen to every word of the video so if he said the range, I missed it.  Regardless, not impressed.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.

Options are awesome, and new sources of brass to wildcat with is always good.

But I was so very excited for a 10mm rifle round only to see these rather Turdish numbers..

Honestly the stupid new 360 Buckmaster rimmed case from Rem impresses me more than 400 Legend, and I thought that was bizzare choice as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top