Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 7:55:30 PM EDT

New 6 ARC build. Currently have MagPul K2 pistol grip installed. I have long somewhat skinny fingers and it is all wrong for shooting prone with a low bipod. Also the Geissele SD-E flat bow trigger.

What do you recommend? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
All records with an AR15 are shot with an A2 grip.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:46:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cschaeff:
All records with an AR15 are shot with an A2 grip.
View Quote
When slung up in just as artificial a position. I was going to say A2 until I saw bipod.

For off the shelf, BCM Mod 2 or 3, or B5 Type 23.
Otherwise try custom. Get an A2 or other cheap grip and start cutting and bondo-ing it. Maybe try making an M40A3ish grip with the thumb resting vertically.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:11:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#3]
BCM Mod3

Even on my precision rifles.

Every Magpul that is more vertical like the K2 just leaves a divot where the thumb web sits to make it compatible with small handed people or is too thin in width like the SL. Even the wide grip K2-XL is too short in reach if you choke up.

B5 23 is OK and looks better but the BCM Mod3 just feels better. I choose function over form... so BCM Mod3.

I found using pure vertical grips to suck when not prone and they got me to move the thumb to the strong side... that led to occasional bump fires. Back to BCM Mod3.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]
All of my ARs have Magpul MOEs. The K2 grip I have sits in the parts box. I shoot my precision ARs low off of a bipod.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top