Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2024 4:59:52 PM EDT
Anyone have to get warranty work lately from Surefire?
Just had to send one of my Scout minis back due to it randomly turning on when firing the gun. Hoping to not be without it too long.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:09:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coolhand72] [#1]
I sent my mini Scout and sr07 tape switch back. Mine was also randomly coming on while firing. Surefire sent an email when they received it on 02/13/24. I haven’t heard anything since then.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coolhand72:
I sent my mini Scout and sr07 tape switch back. Mine was also randomly coming on while firing. Surefire sent an email when they received it on 02/13/24. I haven’t heard anything since then.
View Quote

Lol, well guess I’m in for a minute then.
I just got my “we received your package” email about 10 minutes ago.
Tempted to just eat the loss and order another light and sell the replacement or fixed one I get back down the road.
I’m just weird and don’t want to be without it for weeks and weeks…or sounds like possibly months.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
My x300 stopped working last month. I sent the light in and surefire received the light on 2/5. I contacted them about an expected ETA. They said their current turn around time is 75 days.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent an L1 Cree in around the middle of January, and they received it on Jan 22. I hot it back last week.

Granted, it's a 20 year old light. They probably had to really scrounge around for parts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tug153:
My x300 stopped working last month. I sent the light in and surefire received the light on 2/5. I contacted them about an expected ETA. They said their current turn around time is 75 days.
View Quote

75 days…
They either deal with an ass of broken lights or just don’t care about doing anything in a reasonable amount of time.
Either way makes me want to rethink using Surefire lights on my guns if simple warranty support is 8-10 weeks turn around.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
They had my M600DF for about 6 weeks. Light was fixed and has been good to go since.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#7]
Think I’m just gonna eat the loss and sell my Surefires for Modlites.
Maybe I’m being unreasonable, but 60-90 days to repair a $300 light seems crazy to me. These things are mechanically incredibly simple devices. It can’t take more than 10-15 minutes to test the components and see what’s wrong.
So therefore I go back to one of my earlier posts: They either deal with a LOT of broken lights and/or simply don’t care enough about you to get them fixed in a reasonable time. Either way, I’m left uninterested in buying any more or continuing to own them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I was told 4-6 weeks for repairs a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Just use your spare light till your other one comes back
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
My x300 came back today. So, about 2 months turn around.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#11]
My Scout light and tape switch were delivered today. Same for me, about 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I had to use their warranty twice. Once was because the tailcap/switch on my X300U broke and the other because a UE tailcap I bought was spotty. They sent me replacements that same day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
8-10 weeks for a warranty repair seems a bit excessive to me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Different product, but I sent back an SF3P I couldn't get to align... I believe all they did was swap it for a different one, so turn time should have been about a day, but I did take a while; I would guess 2-3 months.  It was returned to me early this year.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DVCNick:
Different product, but I sent back an SF3P I couldn't get to align... I believe all they did was swap it for a different one, so turn time should have been about a day, but I did take a while; I would guess 2-3 months.  It was returned to me early this year.
View Quote

That's nuts.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top