Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2024 5:53:39 PM EDT
I'm new to the suppressor world and am doing some initial research.

I ended up with a 300 blk pistol, but at the time the purchase was driven primarily by cost rather than suitability to serve as a suppressor host, so it's a budget model... and while it seems to run fine on supersonic I'm leery that it's going to be suitable out of the box to simply toss a can on and go.  

In an ideal world I'd have an ~8-9" platform that's reliable with both supersonic and subsonic out of the box (if this is possible), but also my understanding is that suppressors on DI firearms can result in significant amounts of gas back in the face, which I'd naturally like to minimize.   So I'm looking for some suggestions on how you'd set something similar up if you had it to do all over again.  

I don't mind investing in a platform because I plan on owning it forever.  Would a piston upper (BRN180, MCX Rattler LT, etc) be the superior option to reduce gas blowback, or would a regular DI AR with enhanced BCG / blowback reducing charging handles be just fine?  Are there any setups that are renowned for their flexibility in this regard that don't require a lot of tinkering?  I don't mind the buffer tube (in fact, I rather like it as it's a tempting protrusion even if braces are banned someday) but if a non-buffer tubed alternative is generally regarded as better overall then I don't mind that either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
My 7" PSA 300blk ran supers and subs suppressed and unsuppressed with a carbine buffer and a normal gasblock.

Suppresor is a YHM Resonator.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a res k on my home build 8" that cycles everything. I've also used my hybrid and omega cans on it. There's plenty of gas blocking charging handles, adjustable gas blocks and bcgs
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top