Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mp_moody:
I've had a Badger COMM 1.7" mount on backorder from Eurooptic for a little over a week. I planned on mounting an RMR for passive NV capabilities. I've been browsing the EE, eBay, etc but can't find this mount in stock anywhere. I'm not impatient yet but I am growing a little antsy.

Will I be disappointed if I go with the 1.54" Nightforce Ultramount on my NX8? I know I'll lose the easy RMR mounting options.

I would consider Geissele but everything G seems perpetually out of stock.

Do I stick it out for the Badger?
View Quote

Reptilia AUS 1.7" is best, IMO. Especially if you're mounting stuff at 12.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JohnDough:

Reptilia AUS 1.7" is best, IMO. Especially if you're mounting stuff at 12.
View Quote

This is a badger, but I agree on the 1.7 mount. Love this setup
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

https://i.ibb.co/QpfhXKT/17mount.jpg
View Quote

My issue with the Badger is how high it places the dot. Reptilia places it lower.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:53:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#4]

My issue with the Badger is how high it places the dot. Reptilia places it lower.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453733/371441915_1755650074877927_7209272908857-3165943.JPG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My issue with the Badger is how high it places the dot. Reptilia places it lower.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453733/371441915_1755650074877927_7209272908857-3165943.JPG

Pmm and Koeng both make 12 o'clock parts for the badger that lower the optics on top.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:04:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HunterKiller86] [#5]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

Pmm and Koeng both make 12 o'clock parts for the badger that lower the optics on top.
View Quote

Hopefully PMM makes ones for the 30mm Reptilia AUS- they currently only have them for the 34mm AUS.

I'd love a top ring mount for the holosun K footprint, without resorting to going the adapter route. The holosun EPS is solid.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

That is the Koeng 509T mount in my pic, the factory Badger RMR mount is really bad (too tall), maybe designed for a tall turret
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea I'm glad I found out about the different top caps, it opens up options. I like badgers but I'm not using their tall top cap.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:32:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#8]
Here is the Koeng 509T mount next to the factory Badger RMR/507C mount. Looks like the reptilia puts the bottom of the optic lower than both compared to the turret
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know which is lower between the PMM or Reptilia setup?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
View Quote

I think the difference is so small you'd be hard pressed to notice it even using them back to back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#11]

I think the difference is so small you'd be hard pressed to notice it even using them back to back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

That's what I figured based on looking at all the pics. It does however look like the T2 mount is decently lower from PMM, so it may vary by optic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:06:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mp_moody:
I've had a Badger COMM 1.7" mount on backorder from Eurooptic for a little over a week. I planned on mounting an RMR for passive NV capabilities. I've been browsing the EE, eBay, etc but can't find this mount in stock anywhere. I'm not impatient yet but I am growing a little antsy.

Will I be disappointed if I go with the 1.54" Nightforce Ultramount on my NX8? I know I'll lose the easy RMR mounting options.

I would consider Geissele but everything G seems perpetually out of stock.

Do I stick it out for the Badger?
View Quote

I picked up two COMM 1.7's from Eurooptic several weeks ago, looks like I may have slid in right before they ran out.  I have a Geissele 34mm mount but hate the rib stopping the use of levelling wedges.

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top