Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
You're going to need a bigger stash

Damn shootaholics in here
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By flynlr:
i have 12 rounds of 30/30 for a gun i dont own so .................
View Quote

Ha, got you beat. I have 40 rounds of .44 magnum and...  nothing to shoot it with.

As well as boxes of .410 and 20 gauge, which I have never owned.

Txl
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Technically, I paid for it already. And it was either that or let somebody else get it........
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#9]
3k of 55 FMJ :)
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:17:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaylorWSO] [#10]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:
How about not fucking up my thread

View Quote

anyways

I think I eclipsed 60K rounds of 556 with another 10K from friday, Ill have to check the inventory for exact number.

With My 308 and other stuff I think I actually went over 100k of centerfire

ETA when you have a problem with space, this is what you have little hands do.

you get 810 rds of 308 in a 50 cal can.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]
With that much ammo are you dug into a mountain or something or have a small army to protect it.  Imagine getting shot and bleeding out real early the last thing in your mind would be handing that all over to the unwashed masses.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CHAINSofILLUSION:
With that much ammo are you dug into a mountain or something or have a small army to protect it.  Imagine getting shot and bleeding out real early the last thing in your mind would be handing that all over to the unwashed masses.
View Quote
Some of us like having ammo on hand that can weather us through any more scares.

And some us actually shoot a lot. I can make 9x19 and .45 by the tens of thousands get shot a year. And that's just pistol.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GSL:

some us actually shoot a lot. I can make 9x19 and .45 by the tens of thousands get shot a year. And that's just pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

some us actually shoot a lot. I can make 9x19 and .45 by the tens of thousands get shot a year. And that's just pistol.

Wow
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#14]
8k rounds of 223/556
9k rounds of 9mm
500 rounds of 20g bird shot
500 rounds of 12 bird shot
300 rounds of 45acp
300 rounds of 22/250
300 rounds of 308 match ammo.

I always buy twice as much as I shoot so my hoarding always goes up!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#15]

Wow
View All Quotes

Wow
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you must not have great opportunities to go shooting in RI, correct?

Here for example, it is very easy to find courses, spots to shoot both indoor/outdoor and off the grid, and matches to compete in. And it helps to reload some of it to help keep the costs down too
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

When you have multiple beltfeds- having too much ammo is never a problem.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CHAINSofILLUSION] [#17]
.     Please don't take this the wrong way, but you must not have great opportunities to go shooting in RI, correct?

Here for example, it is very easy to find courses, spots to shoot both indoor/outdoor and off the grid, and matches to compete in. And it helps to reload some of it to help keep the costs down too
View Quote

Yes and the idea of shooting "tens of thousands" of rounds of pistol ammo in a year is unimaginable to me from both time and money.  Must be nice.  That's awesome
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:31:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RGRundeRGRound] [#18]
I hope to get some of that canned 556 and x39 soon at Academy  
Long Term storage stuff.

Does anyone know who makes it for Academy? Looks like Barnaul style packaging.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RGRundeRGRound] [#19]
Originally Posted By RGRundeRGRound:
<Removed.  You need to make yourself familiar with the rules for technical areas of the site.  --tbk1>

View Quote

You need to refresh my memory, please. I have no idea what I could have said here
that broke a rule!  

TIA

PS: A link would be nice, also  
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#20]

You need to refresh my memory, please. I have no idea what I could have said here
that broke a rule!  

TIA

View All Quotes
<Removed.  You need to make yourself familiar with the rules for technical areas of the site.  --tbk1>

that broke a rule!  

TIA

The most common violation is GD behavior in a non-GD area (i.e. smartass / rude / inflammatory comments).
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:52:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARINE-ORDIE] [#21]
I just bought the last 15 boxes of .22 mag from Dick's that they had.  $11.99 a box.  I thought hell why not.

Plus I had $20 on my scorecard or whatever they call it.

ETA I also bought 500 rounds of .40 S&W.  Can't post a pic from a .mil machine.  But my fort is getting bigger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By D_J:

The most common violation is GD behavior in a non-GD area (i.e. smartass / rude / inflammatory comments).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_J:

that broke a rule!  

TIA

Couldn't be THAT! Actually, TBK1 got back to me, it was the ammo babe I posted.
BOTD post area ONLY  
Nice Avatar, BTW  
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 1:41:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Got bored tonight so I counted.

71,812 total centerfire rnds, in long term storage (sealed ammo cans w/dessicant).  

I did't bother counting loose boxes on the shelves (hunting, plinking, SD, etc.). Have a few more K in those and maybe another K in loaded mags.

'Nite fellas.

SideSalad
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes and the idea of shooting "tens of thousands" of rounds of pistol ammo in a year is unimaginable to me from both time and money.  Must be nice.  That's awesome
View All Quotes
.     Please don't take this the wrong way, but you must not have great opportunities to go shooting in RI, correct?

GSL is right. I shoot around 12k a year, much of that 9mm. Not just blasting, either. I've been reloading for almost three years, so I don't buy much ammo anymore.

I have about 8k reloads sitting right now, with components for at least that much more. Plus all the factory ammo I still have prior to reloading.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 2:30:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunsNotPuns] [#25]
Originally Posted By SideSalad:

71,812 total centerfire rnds, in long term storage (sealed ammo cans w/dessicant).  

I did't bother counting loose boxes on the shelves (hunting, plinking, SD, etc.). Have a few more K in those and maybe another K in loaded mags.

'Nite fellas.

SideSalad
View Quote

My family thinks I'm nuts when I have a mere 4-5K lying around...'course we're Canadians.

At any rate, hats off to you my man, that is a nice reserve.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#26]

'Nite fellas.

SideSalad
View Quote
May I ask how many years its taken to build a stash that size?

I really got into firearms in 2010 or so, so I haven't had much time(money) to devote to the stash, but I've been adding as much as possible.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I started buying here and there in '08, and picked up the pace somewhere in 2010.  

I shoot a fair amount when I can, but have rules I hold myself to.  For instance, I replace "plus 50%" of what expend, rounding up to the next common unit of issue.  Example: If I shoot 4 boxes of pistol ammo at the range, I buy 6 to replace them and (almost always) won't shoot until I do so.  If I shoot 7, I buy 4.  It really keeps me honest in the long run.

Also, I subscribe to a lot of adverts (PSA, SGAmmo, etc) and regularly troll other sites thus staying abreast of the good deals and maximizing my purchases.  And I spent a bunch over the years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I've got some incredible deals going to shows and finding tables where the kids are selling their departed father's stuff and didn't know what they had or what it was really worth. Some know but just want it gone and I am too happy to oblige
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 3:15:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I've got some incredible deals going to shows and finding tables where the kids are selling their departed father's stuff and didn't know what they had or what it was really worth. Some know but just want it gone and I am too happy to oblige
View Quote

Nothing like taking advantage of uninformed and grieving family members to boost the ammo stash!

You have pretty much doomed them to being haunted by dear old Dads ghost who will never be able to rest in peace after Timmy sold you two cases of IMI for two and a quarter

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 22caliberKIDD:

Nothing like taking advantage of uninformed and grieving family members to boost the ammo stash!

You have pretty much doomed them to being haunted by dear old Dads ghost who will never be able to rest in peace after Timmy sold you two cases of IMI for two and a quarter

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 22caliberKIDD:

I've done the same, don't worry.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Wow
View All Quotes

Wow

Me also.  My company has the firearms vendorship at Pima County Parks and Rec and I attend at least 2 courses a year run by different folks each year so I can get new ideas.  Last year I fired 4k rounds in Mas Ayoob's instructor course.  So I buy what I can and make certain I can reload at least 2K of every caliber I shoot often if I need to,
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm in the process of moving...nothing like hauling ammo out of the basement...

Rounding a little here -

223/556 - 27k
9mm - 7k
45 - 2.5k
22lr - 15k
12ga - 400
40S&W - 2.5k
308 - 20 rds

At the rate I currently shoot at...that should last me at least another 87 years...and that's not an exaggeration at all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Techsan02:
I'm in the process of moving...nothing like hauling ammo out of the basement...

Rounding a little here -

223/556 - 27k
9mm - 7k
45 - 2.5k
22lr - 15k
12ga - 400
40S&W - 2.5k
308 - 20 rds

At the rate I currently shoot at...that should last me at least another 87 years...and that's not an exaggeration at all.
View Quote

Your stock pile of 308 is ridiculous, that is way too much ammo to have on hand for 308!

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Hamms:
I've added a few more cans since this pic.

15K of 9mm, 10K of 5.56, and 12K of a few random calibers. Add in 20K of rimfire.

http://s25.postimg.org/gaoyiwli7/ammo_stack_1.jpg
View Quote

Kind of like the joke -

Q.: What do you call 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
A:  An EXCELLENT start!

Looks like you have an excellent start going there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys need to shoot more.  Take up 3gun or some shit and burn up that ammo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By azcactusbrew:
You guys need to shoot more.  Take up 3gun or some shit and burn up that ammo.
View Quote

I shoot plenty.  Just maintain a decent inventory.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I always followed the Replace more than you Shoot rule/  Typically  50 - 100 % more.

We moved three years ago and preparing for the move was the first time I had seen all my ammo in one place.  It was kind of strange to feel proud and embarrassed at the same time.[:D
My wife started weighing it on the bathroom scale...the total as a little over 800#.

After that I decided I had to cut back on the purchases...but that lasted about 2 months, then I was back to old practices.

Here is a question for you ammo whores: Does your ammo stash have the potential to outlast your firearms and your ability to clean them?

I realized I had more .40 that I had pistol barrel life, so I bought a new barrel and three springs sets for each pistol.
I think I have enough ARs to last through my stash of .223 & 5.56

My new hoarding obsession is patches, jigs, brushes, Gun Scrubber, and copper solvent.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Ha ha we are all the same. I have been hording ballistol.

As far as ammo I reload. But factory I keep maybe 4000 each caliber on hand and rimfire out the roof!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I believe this gentleman qualifies for this thread:

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By M4Michael:

https://youtu.be/aPi5NYFToZM
View Quote
wow

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By therealdonjohnson:
wow  
View All Quotes

wow  

No .22. Amateur
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#42]
wow  
View All Quotes

wow  

I think he qualifies for the pro, heavy weight class when..
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Wanna be amateur. Doesn't even qualify for ammo floozy status.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Not sure why he keeps moving that stuff all around according to his video but seems like a lot
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:

He's got a decent amount of ammo, but holy fuck, blow your nose, or drink some
water if you're about to shoot a video.  Nothing more disgusting or distracting than
someone fucking snorting, coughing, or trying to hack shit out of their lungs every
10 seconds.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

lightweight...pft
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Got bored tonight yesterday so I counted.

XX,XXX total centerfire rnds, in long term storage (sealed ammo cans w/dessicant).  

View Quote

that's pretty much me and what i did yesterday

counted up my .22 as well just so i'd know, didn't even attempt my shotshells because they're everywhere and i don't much care

pretty eye-opening.  had way more of some calibers than i thought and had way less of some calibers than i thought

one of the way less calibers i don't much care what my count is because i reload for it and have plenty of components, the other i'm going to have to add some ASAP
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got another 10k in primers. Gotta work to be a whore.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 57
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top