Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2022 12:29:18 AM EDT
I’ve looked and can’t tell for sure.

Can the JAKL upper fit on and pin into a standard AR lower with buffer tube?  

Or does the speciality “plug” have to be installed?
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:40:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#1]
Yes, the JAKL upper fits a standard lower. However, I'm not sure if you need their proprietary back piece, but they'll be a big hole/opening there w/o it.

Start @6:50
PSA JAKL First Impressions & A Look Inside

Also, from the product page.
Lower Build Kit: In this kit, you will find everything you need to convert your AR-15 Mil-Spec lower into a PSA JAKL Pistol Lower. Featuring a MOE A2 grip and PSA Triangle Side Folding Brace, as well as our enhanced polished trigger (EPT) which helps reduce pull weight, and is built to last. Also included are the JAKL stock adapter assembly & JAKL proprietary bolt catch that are required for your lower to function with our PSA JAKL upper assemblies.
View Quote

Comes with proprietary JAKL bolt catch that must be installed on the lower for proper function.
Must be used with JAKL buffer system found on PSA JAKL lower or lowers built with a PSA JAKL lower build kit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah ok.  That answers my question.  Thank you very much.  Never thought of that upper piece.

As much as this is neat havin a folding option I’m honestly not bothered by and like the solidness of buffer tubes. May grow one on a 1913 pic adapter anyway.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
do you have a pic rail stock on site?   cant find
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top