Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2024 12:20:04 PM EDT
Which vendors are producing small frame AR10 stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No one that I've ever seen
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By twpayne75:
No one that I've ever seen
View Quote

So you can only purchase complete rifles with small frame lower recievers?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ohio27:

View Quote

There are only a couple of options, POF and Ruger, chiefly.  They have no incentive to release components when they are selling everything they make.  Also, nearly everything is proprietary so bolt, barrel, etc, would have to be sourced through the same man'f.  This platform is a long ways from being mainstream like the AR-10 and -15
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

There are only a couple of options, POF and Ruger, chiefly.  They have no incentive to release components when they are selling everything they make.  Also, nearly everything is proprietary so bolt, barrel, etc, would have to be sourced through the same man'f.  This platform is a long ways from being mainstream like the AR-10 and -15
View Quote

So any options for a lightweight 18" barrel AR10 in 0.308?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Unit9] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]

So any options for a lightweight 18" barrel AR10 in 0.308?
View Quote

Anything is possible with enough money.  

Or buy a 20” sfar and cut it down.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Just like the large frame guns there is no standard so almost everything is proprietary.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Surprised to see that.  

Would be a whole lot cheaper to just buy a complete Ruger, tho.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

Surprised to see that.  

Would be a whole lot cheaper to just buy a complete Ruger, tho.
View Quote

Before SF was a thing, guys here were building sorta light large frame, easy 3k into them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
When DPMS did the G2 I really wanted one but never got around to it. Glad I didn’t at this point. LMT is tough to beat.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

Before SF was a thing, guys here were building sorta light large frame, easy 3k into them.
View Quote

My 308 built on large-frame Roam magnesium receivers is small frame light with large frame parts interchangeability. I sold off my DPMS G2 stuff. Ruger/POF doesn't offer me enough to de-install/re-install at this point, but I'm always open to new designs. For now I'm sticking with large frame.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mechanicuss:

My 308 built on large-frame Roam magnesium receivers is small frame light with large frame parts interchangeability. I sold off my DPMS G2 stuff. Ruger/POF doesn't offer me enough to de-install/re-install at this point, but I'm always open to new designs. For now I'm sticking with large frame.
View Quote

How is the roam holding up? Did they reinforce the buffer tube junction area? That is what plagued magnesium lower before. And what triggers can be used? The AR15 magnesium lowers were particular with triggers .

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I would like to know how the ROAM is holding up as well. I have looked at their stuff a lot, but there isn't much first-hand info out there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:08:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mechanicuss] [#14]
Roam magnesium operating nominal so far. Big $$, but superb fit, finish, and super light. I run the Geissele SSA-E, JP LMOS, and an n.o.s. Armalite 308 pencil. Mine is an early production set toleranced for Lancers and magwell is too tight for latest pmags without sanding on them. I run 20 rd original DPMS's w/Knights followers.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mechanicuss:
Roam magnesium operating nominal so far. Big $$, but superb fit, finish, and super light. I run the Geissele SSA-E, JP LMOS, and an n.o.s. Armalite 308 pencil. Mine is an early production set toleranced for Lancers and magwell is too tight for latest pmags without sanding on them. I run 20 rd original DPMS's w/Knights followers.

View Quote

Yeah you got that one pretty light.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top