Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2024 4:35:54 PM EDT
Anyone running a Ruger SFAR left handed? Any issues with ejection, gas in the face, etc? Any worse than your typical 5.56?

Have you set yours up with any lefty-friendly ambi controls? What fits? What's reliable?

I run a Forward Controls mag release and charging handle and a Radian safety selector on my Zion-15. I don't know how much crosses over but it would be ideal to set up the Ruger with the same/similar stuff.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn’t any AR15 safety fit, ambi included?  Sure looks like it on mine.  Triggers good enough I’m not messing with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I am left handed and have a SFAR tag for when I get back home.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If you buy the extended FCD button then their mag release works fine.  

AR ambi safeties are fine too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:14:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vectorsc:
If you buy the extended FCD button then their mag release works fine.  

AR ambi safeties are fine too.
View Quote

Sorry I took a bit on the pictures, but I have a Radian Raptor LT charging handle, FCD no snag forward assist, FCD extended mag button, FCD EMR-A extended left handed mag release, and an ambi safety, think this one is POF.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top