Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2024 10:27:27 PM EDT
I have a Sig Romeo4T and I'm trying to get out to match up with an EOTech G45. How much taller does the Romeo sit when compared to the T2 if they are both in the same mount?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig 4T is 0.1" higher than a T2.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigmatt17073:
View Quote

Ok thanks. You mean the optical center is .1" higher, correct?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Appreciate the info as well!

Have recently been shopping for an RDS + mount, and have been annoyed by the inconsistencies in the dimensions of "micro-footprint" dot dimensions, even more annoyed by how many different definitions of "cowitness" (both absolute and lower-1/3rd) exist, and downright frustrated by how many mount manufacturers don't just provide clear measurements for their mount heights.

Interestingly though, at least for the trendy "high-mounts" this seems to be less of an issue - I guess when most people refer to them as "1.93" and "2.26" mounts, it makes it hard to have vague height descriptions. That said, some manufacturers have risen to the challenge and started using terms like "NV-height" and "assaulter height" in order to carry on the proud tradition of keeping mount heights unnecessarily confusing!

Related question for the knowledgeable folks here: is that 0.1" difference between the T2 height and Rome4T height enough to make a functional difference with a magnifier? I.E, if your magnifier is perfectly aligned with a T2 then you swap for a 4XT, will the 0.1" increase matter?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 8Thousand:

Have recently been shopping for an RDS + mount, and have been annoyed by the inconsistencies in the dimensions of "micro-footprint" dot dimensions, even more annoyed by how many different definitions of "cowitness" (both absolute and lower-1/3rd) exist, and downright frustrated by how many mount manufacturers don't just provide clear measurements for their mount heights.

Interestingly though, at least for the trendy "high-mounts" this seems to be less of an issue - I guess when most people refer to them as "1.93" and "2.26" mounts, it makes it hard to have vague height descriptions. That said, some manufacturers have risen to the challenge and started using terms like "NV-height" and "assaulter height" in order to carry on the proud tradition of keeping mount heights unnecessarily confusing!

Related question for the knowledgeable folks here: is that 0.1" difference between the T2 height and Rome4T height enough to make a functional difference with a magnifier? I.E, if your magnifier is perfectly aligned with a T2 then you swap for a 4XT, will the 0.1" increase matter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 8Thousand:

Nope. You aren’t going to notice a 0.1” difference.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:09:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigmatt17073] [#5]
I went down this rabbit hole a year or so ago looking for cheaper options than a Aimpoint T2, but would still line up with my T2/Unity or Eotech EXPS3/Unity so I could swap 3x magnifiers between all of them. I found the Romeo 4T and the Holosun HS503G ACSS were the closest.

Results in a picture. L->R Romeo 4T, T2, and Holosun HS503G ACSS:
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top