Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2024 2:17:25 AM EDT
I just finished putting together a 10.5 upper and was considering which RDS to choose, when I saw an RMR on a Scalarworks mount. The SRO seems like the better choice with a bigger field of view and 1 moa dot. Is anyone running this combo? What do you think? Is it to fragile? Should I just stick with a T2 or comp M5?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The new enclosed emmiter model. SRO is too fragile.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
The new enclosed emmiter model. SRO is too fragile.
View Quote

That. I use an SRO on a PCC for competitive use and it’s awesome, but there are durability concerns.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one on an 11.5” 5.56. It’s been great so far, crisp and no durability issues. It’s perfectly fine for a HD setup. I’ve trained with some SWAT guys that beat the hell out of them on their duty Glocks. They reported no issues.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
I have one on an 11.5" 5.56. It's been great so far, crisp and no durability issues. It's perfectly fine for a HD setup. I've trained with some SWAT guys that beat the hell out of them on their duty Glocks. They reported no issues.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/IMG_1222_jpeg-3144646.JPG
View Quote
Thats what I was thinking but after consideration I'm just to hard on stuff. The RMR HD is probably the way to go but for the price I'll just get a T2
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
Thats what I was thinking but after consideration I'm just to hard on stuff. The RMR HD is probably the way to go but for the price I'll just get a T2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I have one on an 11.5" 5.56. It's been great so far, crisp and no durability issues. It's perfectly fine for a HD setup. I've trained with some SWAT guys that beat the hell out of them on their duty Glocks. They reported no issues.

Agree, the SRO is not made for duty use especially a carbine used for HD.  The RMR is too small but a harder use optic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put an SRO on my 9mm AR and like it a lot.  Scalarworks mount.  Only a couple hundred rds through it, but no regrets.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one on an 11.5” 5.56. It’s been great so far, crisp and no durability issues. It’s perfectly fine for a HD setup. I’ve trained with some SWAT guys that beat the hell out of them on their duty Glocks. They reported no issues.

View Quote

Hey now…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Red dots that can mount on pistols come with a long list of compromises they have to make to work on a pistol. If you have a rifle (or AR style pistol), then there is almost no reason to use a pistol RDS. Just use an Aimpoint Duty if you're concerned about weight. The RMR you could realistically mount and use on a rifle (or AR style pistol), but an SRO I don't think would survive too many bumps.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I put a Holosun 507 comp on my 8” 300 BLK rifle.  I like it a lot.  No plans to go to war with this rifle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#11]
If weight isn't a concern and NV isn't a large concern, give the Sig Romeo4 Pro some consideration.
The Romeo 4XT Pro is probably the best red dot on the market
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Well not what I was planning but while at the LGS the other day I picked up a Holosun SCRS.  I know, Holosun. While messing with it in the shop I decided it fit what I was looking for in size and weight. Its no T2 or Eotech. But for an HD gun I'll knock it around and see how it does.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By VersaceDesertEagle:
Red dots that can mount on pistols come with a long list of compromises they have to make to work on a pistol. If you have a rifle (or AR style pistol), then there is almost no reason to use a pistol RDS. Just use an Aimpoint Duty if you're concerned about weight. The RMR you could realistically mount and use on a rifle (or AR style pistol), but an SRO I don't think would survive too many bumps.
View Quote

Just curious if you have any experience with an SRO, or just parroting what you've heard?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:53:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Just10mm] [#14]
Well not what I was planning but while at the LGS the other day I picked up a Holosun SCRS.  I know, Holosun. While messing with it in the shop I decided it fit what I was looking for in size and weight. Its no T2 or Eotech. But for an HD gun I'll knock it around and see how it does.
View Quote

These are quickly becoming my favorite mrds and they are hardly talked about on here.

What an awesome sight, great optical clarity, super light weight and small.