Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/4/2023 5:22:13 PM EDT
1:7 medium-profile unlined barrel with Wylde chamber. I didn't do anything to it but put a dot sight on it and a 'Warhog' shorty comp - no oil or anything - it already had 'the wet look'. I did look down the bore to make sure there was nothing in it. Finally got it to the range today and set up on the 25 yard range. I brought PPU 69 gr .223 Rem. BTHP match. Shooting at a 'Shoot-n-See' 12" diameter target with a 2" red bull. I had roughed-in the sight with a chamber laser so the first shot was on the paper, high/left. Actually it was a tight 3-shot group - that's when I knew it was going to be a good day. I walked it in, finally settling on a group on the centerline about 1.5" low - this will produce a fairly flat trajectory and will be similar to the '200-yard zero'. Function was simply perfect and nothing odd happened at all - well, almost nothing. The pistol was perfect, but remember that shorty comp? I was using my range bag because I forgot my sandbags, and the blast from that comp literally blew the muzzle side out of my range bag before I knew it was happening - it was funny as hell! Fortunately I had a new one at home (another NRA Freebie) and I just have to transfer my stuff.
I don't know how this pistol could be any better - okay, the trigger is not great but not terrible - maybe I'll drop one in - but other than that, you can't beat it with a stick. I have another RF factory rifle, a 16" carbine in 7.62x39. This one was also quick to sight in and had perfect functioning in addition to being accurate. Did I mention how much I love the AR platform, DI and all? I've had ARs since 1994 along with AKs and several other types. I now have only one AK which is also a pistol. It works great and is accurate but also heavy - I'm not sure where it will be next year now that I have the AR pistol up and running.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
my son did that for me with a giant muzzle brake on my 450 bushmaster.  on my nice Kelty MAP pack :(
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, you have to laugh when something this goofy happens. I realized later that one of the adjuster covers on my dot sight had gone missing. I had them both off during the sighting-in and the muzzle blast must have knocked one off the table along with my binocular covers but at least I found those about 20' away - and all that stuff was well behind the muzzle. I mean I've shot comps before but this particular set-up is brutal! I love it!
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I forgot my bags one day at the range. I did have a Carhartt jacket in the trunk. Balled it up and used it as a rest sighting in my 10.5. Shot about three rounds and noticed some fuzzies floating in the air, looked down, two inch hole thru the jacket. It was a freebie given to me so it's now just a outdoor work jacket.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I can't believe it! I thought I was the only one that had done such a thing but I guess it happens with these shorties! Now I'm thinking when I use the bags I better make damn sure that muzzle is ahead of the bag. :)
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't find anyplace to buy one of those adjuster caps so I contacted SIG and they sent me one for free! That was really great. The sights are really good too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
😂

My son did that with my 8.5" barreled pistol, ruined one of my nice sand bags. The beans inside the bag went everywhere.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top