Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2024 11:02:49 AM EDT
Does anyone have any pictures or experience with them? They were teased/mentioned in PA’s “Discovery 2024” segment on social media, but haven’t seen anything pop up on YouTube or any other outlets yet. Looks like the next step up from the SLX, which everyone seemed to love. Release in Q2 of this year with a street price of $350 or under seemed like a winning combination to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yep, that’s what I was referencing in my post. I was wondering if there was anyone at SHOT that has handled one or has held both the SLX and GLX side by side to see if there’s a noticeable increase in glass quality or anything else worth mentioning.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RRAR15:

Yep, that’s what I was referencing in my post. I was wondering if there was anyone at SHOT that has handled one or has held both the SLX and GLX side by side to see if there’s a noticeable increase in glass quality or anything else worth mentioning.
View Quote

FocusTripp on yt says the glass quality is much better.

As far as I'm concerned, I wish they'd not gone with buttons for brightness selection. I think that sort of thing is precisely the wrong direction to go- not that I was ever gonna be buying a 1x prism anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:10:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joedirt199] [#4]
I guess buttons keep it more streamlined without a knob sticking out the side. Must have been easier than putting "off" positions in between the "on" numbers. I like having the option to turn on to a certain setting and being off right next it instead of running through the numbers to get there. No need to leave it on all the time since it sits in a safe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Do magnifiers work well behind prisms? I haven’t tried that combo, but with this reticle use of a magnifier would make sense. I wonder how two diopters would interplay.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#6]
A buddy tried to go with the original micro prism and the specific magnifier for it.
The two diopters did not play well for either of us.
I have an astigmatism, and he does too.
When you got the prism dialed in, adding the magnifier just blew the reticle up and we were unable to adjust it properly to make it useful.
I called customer service and was told over the phone that is just the way it is. You will need to adjust the optic so that it is not sharp, and then adjust the diopter on the magnifier so that it makes it closer to being sharp, but you will never get a crystal clear image between the two.

Hopefully, with the new version, that will be alleviated.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the "big difference" is probably the near-unlimited eye relief they are touting. I don't see that in the description for the slx 1x. That would be a pretty neat trick, to have a prism sight with limitless eye relief. I'll believe it when I see it.

FWIW the 2x glx prism is superb, nearly as fast as a dot sight but with a little extra confidence at range.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
the slx 1x i got to work pretty well with a magnifier.  the issue i found is that 2/3 of the prisms i purchased had reticles that were not cleanly put in, so the chevron did not have a sharp point, and the holdover under the point was also not a clean line.  the image/reticle were clear, the reticle was just put in poorly.

the glass clarity was pretty ok, but low light conditions got rough.  for the price though i wouldn't expect better glass, but i was expecting the reticle to be distinct and clear.

if the glx 1x are made to higher standards on the reticle and better light transmission i'll be pretty happy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the slx 1x prism with the 3x micro magnifier. I was able to get the prism and magnifier clear and focused after some trial and error. I know this sounds crazy but some people who have had issues getting them both focused had luck putting the magnifier IN FRONT of the optic.

I have the SLX 1x prism and the Micro Magnifier both on Unity Mounts, I am hoping that if I swap in the GLX, they will still line up!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Are these made in China? Would you trust these on your go to rifle?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I think this is the prism that should have been released from day one. I hate the giant knobs. I may pick one of these up when they come out.

I do like the GLx and the way it looks and wouldn’t mind getting one again and giving it another try.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw on ig that the GLX prisms are made in China unfortunately.

I have had zero issues with my Slx prisms. It’s nice that they have an etched reticle so if something does happen to the illumination or battery, you still have a usable reticle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MRW:
GLx series is made in Japan IIRC

Yes, I have PA prisms on my duty rifle. No Buis either
View Quote

I think you may have meant the PLX series?

The only GLX that I know of that is made in Japan are the GLX 1-10x FFP
https://www.primaryarms.com/primaryarms-glx-1-10x24-ffp-rifle-scope-acss-raptor-m10-reticle

All my GLX optics that I had say made in the Philippines on the bottom of the turret housing.

Are any of the 2024 GLX's maybe made in Japan? Not sure?

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MRW:
GLx series is made in Japan IIRC

Yes, I have PA prisms on my duty rifle. No Buis either
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DTOM2:
I saw on ig that the GLX prisms are made in China unfortunately.

I have had zero issues with my Slx prisms. It’s nice that they have an etched reticle so if something does happen to the illumination or battery, you still have a usable reticle.
View Quote

Yep, even the GLX prisms are China made. I’m a big fan of all of them though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Yep, even the GLX prisms are China made.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Yep, even the GLX prisms are China made.

They said somewhere that this was the exception, something about it being far more efficient for that specific optic to be produced in that factory, and that if they produced it in the Philippines it would have been a whole lot more expensive than the GLX line would generally imply. The GLX prism is a great optic, so whatever, it works well as produced.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kurpak] [#19]
I saw the arfcom video of them looking at the reticle in these from across the table showing the "unlimited eye relief".  What I'm wondering is if this also translates to unlimited eyebox, or at least generous eyebox.  One thing I don't like about the current gen micros is you have to be pretty close up to the optic to remove any image black outline clipping on the sides.  When I had it mounted further forward it was very sensitive to head position getting the image centered in the tube.  I couln't get it mounted far enough back on the upper using a midwest mount to see the full image fov and also remove shadow. I want good eye relief aaand big eyebox. Curious to try this new version, couldn't get along with 1.0
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Ran across this on YT, are there any updates on it release?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
Ran across this on YT, are there any updates on it release?
View Quote

Was told between April-June. Hoping it’s towards the early portion of that range.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had many of their 3x SLx prisms & the glass is fine. Is the GLx glass for this going to somehow be Vortex or better level?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
I've had many of their 3x SLx prisms & the glass is fine. Is the GLx glass for this going to somehow be Vortex or better level?
View Quote

No idea, but supposedly better that the SLx series.    I am torn between getting the GLx2 (which I have had) or waiting for this one.  Leaning towards the GLx1 as I f'ing hate big knobbers hanging off the left side of an optic, if they did that with the GLx2 it would be an easy choice.     Be interesting to see the size of the reticle also, the GLx 2 it could be a bit larger as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:

Here is a IG reel showing the "unlimited eye relief" at SHOT.

Can you see me now?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Can you see me now?
View Quote

My CC is ready....
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Soon we will be ready too~
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

My CC is ready....

Any chance they ever put btn control on the GLx2 worse case move the knob to the other side.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Will you be doing pre-orders? Will the green reticle option be available at launch?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Can you see me now?
View Quote

I dont need one, but I might need one. That looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Will these have the same mounting height as the SLx? I already have a 1x SLx on a unity mount with your 3x micro magnifier also on a unity mount. If I swap out the SLx for the GLx will it still line up with the 3x magnifier?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
A buddy tried to go with the original micro prism and the specific magnifier for it.
The two diopters did not play well for either of us.
I have an astigmatism, and he does too.
When you got the prism dialed in, adding the magnifier just blew the reticle up and we were unable to adjust it properly to make it useful.
I called customer service and was told over the phone that is just the way it is. You will need to adjust the optic so that it is not sharp, and then adjust the diopter on the magnifier so that it makes it closer to being sharp, but you will never get a crystal clear image between the two.

Hopefully, with the new version, that will be alleviated.
View Quote

I did the same thing. They don't work together, or I couldn't them too at all. Blurry useless mess. I ended up putting the magnifier behind on of their MD-25s and it works great.

Another issue I had with the SLX was having to drastically adjust the diopter to work with NVGs and if I flip up the NVGs to use it with white light I would have to adjust the diopter again. My example is extremely stiff but I have seen others that are not as difficult to dial.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:
Do magnifiers work well behind prisms? I haven’t tried that combo, but with this reticle use of a magnifier would make sense. I wonder how two diopters would interplay.
View Quote

Works great once you get both diopters dialed in.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RRAR15] [#34]
Originally Posted By RRAR15:

Will you be doing pre-orders? Will the green reticle option be available at launch?
View Quote

@PrimaryArms

Any answer to this?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#36]

With current ETA, we are hoping around the summer time and we are doing what we can to release both variant at the same time.
View Quote

Still Q2 though, right? And I really like my green reticle SLX, and really don’t want to switch to red if I can help it. Glad to hear the plan is to release both colors from the get go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top