Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 3/22/2024 3:57:30 AM EDT
I am building a 12.5" 5.56 Pistol as a general purpose rifle on a LMT platform.  Reliability and accuracy are the priority, I would like to save weight but I'm willing to sacrifice that a little.  I know I need to have the barrel machine to fit the MRP-L upper.  Mid vs carbine length due to dwell time, it will host a HUX FLOW 556k suppressor and have a VLTOR A5 buffer with the Geissele Super 42 spring and have the LMT enhanced BCG.
I have narrowed down the barrels to the following options and would like your opinion and possible pros and cons. Other barrel options are welcomed!
*Faxon Duty Series 12.5" Gunner, Mid-Length, 4150 QPQ Nitride 556
*Rosco K9 12.5? Sage Dynamics, Gunner Gas length (in between carbine and mid-length)
*Criterion Barrels AR-15 CORE SERIES 12.5", CARBINE GAS
*12.3" 5.56 Ballistic Advantage HANSON CARBINE LENGTH Preference Series
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:32:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not the LMT barrel?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Why not the LMT barrel?
View Quote

Well now ya went and done it, ha.  Waiting for the 5th option to show up in the poll
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Liberty4Life228:
I am building a 12.5" 5.56 Pistol as a general purpose rifle
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Doubt many people could tell the difference shooting them all side by side.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Of those options - Criterion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Why do you like this opinion?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a great barrel. It has a logical profile. It's chrome lined. I can tell you from first hand experience that they're well gassed. Not saying the others won't huck chunks of lead out of the end, but I dont think they're in the same category.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:57:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#8]
Sounds like you’re spending some money on the build.  I’d skip them all and go Centurion CHF.  I have the “LW” profile barrel which seems like more of a mid road between gov and lw.  Fit and finish is excellent.  It has an appropriately sized gas port.  Plus the tabbed gas block configuration adds a little security and goes together well.

https://centurionarms.com/lightweight-hammer-forged-barrel-carbine/
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a 12.5" Criterion Core. I shot well and was gassed nicely for unsuppressed shooting. I replaced it with a Geissele CHF 12.5" barrel. It's a little more gassy, but I am running a BRT tube. It does seem to shoot a little better than my Core did. The upper is also now 100% Geissele.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Sounds like you’re spending some money on the build.  I’d skip them all and go Centurion CHF.  I have the “LW” profile barrel which seems like more of a mid road between gov and lw.  Fit and finish is excellent.  It has an appropriately sized gas port.  Plus the tabbed gas block configuration adds a little security and goes together well.

https://centurionarms.com/lightweight-hammer-forged-barrel-carbine/
View Quote

I agree. I put a Centurion barrel in my main rifle and am thrilled.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I was just shopping for bbls as well. Have you looked at Wilson Combat bbls?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had 3 of the 4, not a rosco. Out of the 3 the criterion was a tack driver.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Centurion barrel in my main AR, a BCA in my SBR & a Faxon gunner in a 16" AR

The bullet goes where I want with all of them. My vote is Centurion barrel since that is what I put in my main AR
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Noveske 12.5 would be my choice.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top