Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
 thinking about putting this on!
View Quote

Why do I enjoy this so much, it actually looks good.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Ready for the thread to burn down?

This is a legit deployed H

http://i.imgur.com/etOLwjG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h2cYbgw.jpg
View Quote

EPICCCCCCC hahahahhahahahaaaaaa lovIN IT. 

purists die! 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Burn it all down. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It's fugly
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#5]
Originally Posted By chenault:
It's fugly
View Quote

It is that.... and I'm still kicking cloning it.

ACS stock with a MLOK MVG and it'd be right up my alley. My PRi Gen III has to go back to my Mod 0 sooner or later. So it's replace it or build something else.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
13" URX 4 on that rifle?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
yep.

i kinda wanna do it. with the vltor imod stock and ultra high nf rings and it would be light as fuck lol
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]
yep.

i kinda wanna do it. with the vltor imod stock and ultra high nf rings and it would be light as fuck lol
View Quote

I like where you are going with this, continue it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

It is that.... and I'm still kicking cloning it.

ACS stock with a MLOK MVG and it'd be right up my alley. My PRi Gen III has to go back to my Mod 0 sooner or later. So it's replace it or build something else.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
View Quote

More or less.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
yep.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
embrace the fuckery! :)

still love my pri and socom. I will try out the IMOD on a colt 4 pos tho. 

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#13]
turnandfacethestrangechachachanges

Haveblue, I've always liked those Vltors,,,,,  as long as you put a piece of tape down that seem .   I think they look sweet and I like the angle of it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

That's awesome!!!!  I like how to this very day the Mod H is evolving.  It'll give more options to the cloners.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

That's awesome!!!!  I like how to this very day the Mod H is evolving.  It'll give more options to the cloners.
View Quote

Same here... I'm guilty of wanting to test fit a 12 Mlok rail on my Holland. I shouldn't do it, but I want to.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

View Quote

Yeah and pretty soon we won't recognize it as a Mod H any more....
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Yeah and pretty soon we won't recognize it as a Mod H any more....
View Quote

Soon to be called "The 5th Group SPR Clone Thread."
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 8NAK4:

Soon to be called "The 5th Group SPR Clone Thread."
View Quote

idc what they call it. I'm cloning the bitch in at least on config. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#20]
In the Mk12 thread, it was stated that they didn't paint the URX4 because it was just being tested and they thought they might have to return it.  So, is only clone correct in black on an otherwise tan Mod-H?  I have to imagine that it would look better (and less shocking to the senses) painted to match.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:
In the Mk12 thread, it was stated that they didn't paint the URX4 because it was just being tested and they thought they might have to return it.  So, is only clone correct in black on an otherwise tan Mod-H?  I have to imagine that it would look better (and less shocking to the senses) painted to match.
View Quote

I think painting it would be just fine.  If they get deployed or like them you know that they will be painted
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Getting closer, need rings, CH, bipod, and optic. Big thanks to helojumper !

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:
View Quote

And a full bottom rail.

Looks good tho.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

And a full bottom rail.

Looks good tho.
View Quote

Ah yes, forgot that part. I'm pretty damn broke right now
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

hollands actually have a KAC URX4 13" rail as spec. yours looks cool but just the old spec. just sayin. 

L
O
L
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Looks great man! Keep at it!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#27]
OK, JJREA I have some data for you, how good it is I don't know.  I was only able to do the uncovered test today and I still don't have my sbr up and running, but here are some numbers.

A little disclaimer that I think will throw off the data. The 16" rifle is my Mod-H and the 18" is my Mod-1, both of which have comps on them while the 14.5 has a flash hider.  So keep that in mind when comparing the numbers.

I'm on break so I have time to do test later in the week and compare in a covered area to give you a little better idea of how indoors would compare.

These test are done from the shooters position and the numbers are the average of 5 shots; all the shots were fired in an open area. I fired a combination of .556 and .22subsonic.

Pistol 9mm-113.6 db

14.5" (.556 unsuppresed) 114.2db
14.5" (.22lr subsonic unsuppresed) 101.1db

16.5" (.556 unsuppressed) 114.8db
16.5" (.556 suppressed) 104.2db
16.5 (.22lr subsonic suppressed) 85.2db

18" (.556 unsuppresed) 111.3db
18" (.556 suppressed) 105.0db
18" (.22lr subsonic suppresed) 84.8db
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#28]
What sort of meter did you use? Those numbers look really really low, like the unsupressed 223 is quieter than a subsonic suppressed 22LR

-Kirby
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#29]
Originally Posted By jrkirby:
What sort of meter did you use? Those numbers look really really low, like the unsupressed 223 is quieter than a subsonic suppressed 22LR

-Kirby
View Quote

RadioShack db meter.  Same one I used to use in home audio.  You must be reading that wrong there is nothing close to the suppressed subsonic ammo.  The .556 is the highest db on there, the unsuppressed sub sonic comes close to the suppressed .556 so maybe that's what you're looking at.

Maybe I had a setting wrong I'll try it again later this week
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:46:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrkirby] [#30]
On most tests that I've seen subsonic suppressed 22LR is around the 115db mark, that's with a different meter though.

-Kirby
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#31]
Mark 4 is back from Leupold and all i gotta say is damn. looks like a new optic inside and it now tracks great and its all zeroed and groups like it used to :)
It got all cleaned up as well after it got back to me today. 

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah I'm doing up an H clone with the urx4, it's just too bizzare not to
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8NAK4] [#33]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Yeah I'm doing up an H clone with the urx4, it's just too bizzare not to
View Quote

I like this. (Thumbs Up emoji)

Edit: Because Pic Thread

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#34]
OK, JJREA I have some data for you, how good it is I don't know.  I was only able to do the uncovered test today and I still don't have my sbr up and running, but here are some numbers.

A little disclaimer that I think will throw off the data. The 16" rifle is my Mod-H and the 18" is my Mod-1, both of which have comps on them while the 14.5 has a flash hider.  So keep that in mind when comparing the numbers.

I'm on break so I have time to do test later in the week and compare in a covered area to give you a little better idea of how indoors would compare.

These test are done from the shooters position and the numbers are the average of 5 shots; all the shots were fired in an open area. I fired a combination of .556 and .22subsonic.

Pistol 9mm-113.6 db

14.5" (.556 unsuppresed) 114.2db
14.5" (.22lr subsonic unsuppresed) 101.1db

16.5" (.556 unsuppressed) 114.8db
16.5" (.556 suppressed) 104.2db
16.5 (.22lr subsonic suppressed) 85.2db

18" (.556 unsuppresed) 111.3db
18" (.556 suppressed) 105.0db
18" (.22lr subsonic suppresed) 84.8db
View Quote

SUPER.  We need to put together a database.  I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.  It would be good to see the SBR numbers and a pistol.  I'm surprised at how close the suppressed to unsuppressed was on the 5.56 ones.  I mean, that's not that much different in the scheme of things.  I'm not sure if your ears say much different.   But then again, a little bit goes a long way.  Because a suppressed .22 is 84-85 and a non suppressed 5.56 is only 40 above that.  There's quite a bit of difference when using your actual ears.......

I wonder if I should do some digging and see if there is any info on the interwebz about at what level does permanent hearing damage occur typically.  

Thanks a metric ton for doing this.  And if you ever want to add to the list, I'm all ears......  LOL.  I'm all ears.  Get it.  LOL.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Mark 4 is back from Leupold and all i gotta say is damn. looks like a new optic inside and it now tracks great and its all zeroed and groups like it used to :)
It got all cleaned up as well after it got back to me today. 

http://i66.tinypic.com/21disuu.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/103yiiw.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/25t9qm9.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/254xbmu.jpg
View Quote

Very very nice!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Would it be a terrible thing to modify a Reece rail for a urx holland? Not sure how it would look but may dig it for a tad bit of rise...
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Would it be a terrible thing to modify a Reece rail for a urx holland? Not sure how it would look but may dig it for a tad bit of rise...
View Quote

Oh god the horror.......
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Do eeeeeettt
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Do eeet
View Quote
id rather see it done to a mod 1 or a seal recce myself. i think it would flow better. 

either way, do the mod with an endmill and make it right. i've almost done it for a build but i never have done another spr build yet. if i did a Larue rail i might just try it ;)
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#40]
id rather see it done to a mod 1 or a seal recce myself. i think it would flow better. 

either way, do the mod with an endmill and make it right. i've almost done it for a build but i never have done another spr build yet. if i did a Larue rail i might just try it ;)
View Quote

LaRue isnt clone correct I'd use an arms s-ex for a mod 1 or reece.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:08:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#41]
View Quote

I notched a PRI straight top rail for a Gen II tube using a Dremel, small hacksaw, and some files and sandpaper. Before anyone shits a brick, this was a custom-made rail for an SBR so it was short to begin with. I'm confused about what you'd have to modify, though. The URX runs straight across and the PRI top rail should mount right up without any mods. Mine was notched to clear the FF RAS locking ring.

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#42]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

I notched a PRI straight top rail for a Gen II tube using a Dremel, small hacksaw, and some files and sandpaper. Before anyone shits a brick, this was a custom-made rail for an SBR so it was short to begin with. I'm confused about what you'd have to modify, though. The URX runs straight across and the PRI top rail should mount right up without any mods. Mine was notched to clear the FF RAS locking ring.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/IMG_4106_zps2mukvudi.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/FullSizeRender%202_zpsiyquzypk.jpg
View Quote

He's talking about the recce rail, not the peq rails. The recce rail that goes on 5th SPRs has a little section that's scalloped to mate up with the round, non-railed part of a Gen III tube.

Still seems like an really dumb idea with no payoff. You'd still have to drill & tap the URX for the recce rail's front screw. And even then you're screwing into aluminum instead of a steel lug that it was meant for. Unless the plan is just to leave it hanging.

The recce rails are widely available though so dremel away… I guess. The gunsmithing hall of shame thread always needs new content.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#43]

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/FullSizeRender%202_zpsiyquzypk.jpg
View Quote

That is one Frankenstein looking monster
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#44]
if i ever modded a recce it wouldnt be clome correct. it would be for a home brew recce ;) 

man, we are all off fucking topic after this URX shit lol. im staying PRI. my girl dont need nuthin but an AEM5. thats it lol.

pic thread for the snow day....lets see some detail pics boys n girls!

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#45]

He's talking about the recce rail, not the peq rails. The recce rail that goes on 5th SPRs has a little section that's scalloped to mate up with the round, non-railed part of a Gen III tube.

Still seems like an really dumb idea with no payoff. You'd still have to drill & tap the URX for the recce rail's front screw. And even then you're screwing into aluminum instead of a steel lug that it was meant for. Unless the plan is just to leave it hanging.

The recce rails are widely available though so dremel away… I guess. The gunsmithing hall of shame thread always needs new content.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

i know he's talking about using the PRI recce. My point is he could use the one substituted for the Gen II PRI tubes because it's a continual rail. Mount the URX and slide the rail on to bridge the upper together like the early SPR.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#46]

i know he's talking about using the PRI recce. My point is he could use the one substituted for the Gen II PRI tubes because it's a continual rail. Mount the URX and slide the rail on to bridge the upper together like the early SPR.
View Quote

Right, but I think he's talking about the recce rail because this is the Holland thread and that's what came on them. Honestly, at this point, who knows though? I don't think anyone's figured out exactly what the point of it would be or what he's trying to accomplish.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Right, but I think he's talking about the recce rail because this is the Holland thread and that's what came on them. Honestly, at this point, who knows though? I don't think anyone's figured out exactly what the point of it would be or what he's trying to accomplish.
View Quote

I love exploding brains let's talk gas port aND qd mounts on mk18s!

I like having a riser on an spr
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:09:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#48]

I love exploding brains let's talk gas port aND qd mounts on mk18s!

I like having a riser on an spr
View Quote

Oh god please don't anything MK18 here.  Not my circus not my monkeys
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Oh god please don't anything MK18 here.  Not my circus not my monkeys
View Quote

Colt cerro uppers correct for the mod h? Most of the pictures I've seen have been a non branded cerro fde....
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:41:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#50]
Lol

Actually both are correct, they tried to reuse what they could but most of the uppers were used up so PRI used just plain cerro stamped uppers.  For all we know they might be Andersons.  Wouldn't that pee in some peoples Cherios
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top