AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 87
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:
What are the clone correct muzzle devices?
View Quote

I’d say right now it’s going to be only the OSS/Hux QD flash hider as we are all supposed to running Flow 556ks.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Zone0ne:

I’d say right now it’s going to be only the OSS/Hux QD flash hider as we are all supposed to running Flow 556ks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
What are the clone correct muzzle devices?

Thanks.

I was considering of those.

I've got some A2's and crush washers I could throw on it, but I think I'll wait for the OSS 556 QD to arrive.

Does that go on without any shims or washer at all?

Is the standard Rocksett compound recommended?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

So from what I gathered, they were running the SF RC2 and now have the Flow 556k? I recently picked up the pre flow 556k which is the HX QD 556k, which is not 3d printed. Too good of a deal to pass up and offers more serviceability if ever needed but kinda in line with my clone.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Thanks.

I was considering of those.

I've got some A2's and crush washers I could throw on it, but I think I'll wait for the OSS 556 QD to arrive.

Does that go on without any shims or washer at all?

Is the standard Rocksett compound recommended?
View Quote

no shims needed; it isn't timed

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Might go actually shoot this again this weekend...

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RWA007:

https://i.imgur.com/hJ5SyZk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kjJhAUu.jpg
View Quote
God I need to get some OD Pmags
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RWA007:

https://i.imgur.com/hJ5SyZk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kjJhAUu.jpg
View Quote

What stock is that and how does it feel?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]
It's the Hogue overmolded stock.  I do have both an ODG and a Black CTR stock, but I like the look, the feel and the fitment better of this Hogue stock.

https://www.hogueinc.com/ar-15-m16-overmolded-collapsible-buttstock-fits-mil-spec-buffer-tube-od-green

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]

I think I am finally done with my build. Got my T2 mounted on a DD micro mount w/ lower 1/3 spacer. My Huxwrx HX QD 556K cleared on Saturday. I took it out with a buddy for the first shots with the can today and I have to say I am impressed. It has a sharp but not unpleasant tone. Very little gas to the face and my BCG was almost clean after a couple mags which is quite different than my other suppressed SBRs. I love the T2. I wasn't sure how it would run with an H3 but not a single hiccup with PMC. I have a super 42 spring and h2 on the way because I wasn't sure how it would run. I may end up running a different light at some point but other than I'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ResponsibleSecond:

So from what I gathered, they were running the SF RC2 and now have the Flow 556k? I recently picked up the pre flow 556k which is the HX QD 556k, which is not 3d printed. Too good of a deal to pass up and offers more serviceability if ever needed but kinda in line with my clone.
View Quote

Can't speak for HRT.... but for SWAT, they had A2 flash hiders and now run OSS/Hux QD flash hiders.

I think the suppressor is going to dictate what they are running muzzle device wise, as everyone is running suppressed now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve got a Mk4 fed rail inbound, excited to turn my 11.5 into an HRT inspired build. Also, in on 87
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
So FBI just awarded Aimpoint with a $7mil contract for the RDS, and $4mil for the CompM4S.

Hmmm...
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
So FBI just awarded Aimpoint with a $7mil contract for the RDS, and $4mil for the CompM4S.

Hmmm...
View Quote

I am guessing soon the RDS will be clone correct. I wonder if any units (HRT) will keep fielding the T2 or the sig.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#14]

I am guessing soon the RDS will be clone correct. I wonder if any units (HRT) will keep fielding the T2 or the sig.
View All Quotes

Hmmm...

I bet HRT and Regional SWAT keep using the T2s and EXPS3s
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluedog82] [#15]
Duty RDS is good for me as mine will eventually make its way onto my clone. I’ve read quite a bit of this thread, and it’s been a good read. Has anyone made a list of the VFGs/hand stops that have been seen in the wild? I know the Magpul AFG Gen 1&2 have been seen, what else?
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 5:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YukonBoy03] [#16]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Duty RDS is good for me as mine will eventually make its way onto my clone. I’ve read quite a bit of this thread, and it’s been a good read. Has anyone made a list of the VFGs/hand stops that have been seen in the wild? I know the Magpul AFG Gen 1&2 have been seen, what else?
View Quote

Magpul vertical grips.
KAC Broomhandle
The silly Fab defense angled one
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Hmmm...

Yeah this BPA is probably for all of the line agents to order against, not to mention other agencies
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 3:11:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrizzaiN] [#18]
Wrapped up my Noveske clone-ish build.
Haven't staked the castle nut yet because I may add a Law folder, but other than that, she's finished and I love her :)

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:09:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YukonBoy03] [#19]
Originally Posted By ChrizzaiN:
Haven't staked the castle nut yet because I may add a Law folder, but other than that, she's finished and I love her :)

https://i.postimg.cc/d1ZX9t6x/20240122-134228-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/rwqBLTyD/20240122-133931-2.jpg
View Quote

From another FCD fan, you have great taste.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Think this clone is done.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone do this in 14.5?  In a non sbr state but would love to do this style build.  Any recs on what muzzle device if I did do it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:
Anyone do this in 14.5?  In a non sbr state but would love to do this style build.  Any recs on what muzzle device if I did do it?
View Quote

At that point it’s not a clone so pick whatever you like. A 14.5” barrel with a 10” handguard is going to look odd, I’d use this one.

https://geissele.com/13-5-super-modular-rail-mk4-m-lokr-odg.html
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:
View Quote

It's my understanding that the FBI allows the carry of personally owned Colt Federal Patrol Rifles if non-swat agents want to. It's just a colt with a 13" Mk4 rail.

I liked the look of the longer rail so much I put one on a BCM 14.5 M4 upper. It's zero percent clone but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally scored a Grey MK4 Fed rail and I picked up an Aimpoint Duty RDS. Had to wait a while, but the Surefire A2 style suppressor mount finally came in. I used a Geissele 11.5 barrel for this one, so it's not anywhere near clone correct, but it shoots good.

Grey MK4 Fed_1 by James H., on Flickr

Grey MK4 Fed_2 by James H., on Flickr

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jmh556:
Finally scored a Grey MK4 Fed rail and I picked up an Aimpoint Duty RDS. Had to wait a while, but the Surefire A2 style suppressor mount finally came in. I used a Geissele 11.5 barrel for this one, so it's not anywhere near clone correct, but it shoots good.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53517959853_3ca479e595.jpgGrey MK4 Fed_1 by James H., on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53517960903_069c5b59d9_w.jpgGrey MK4 Fed_2 by James H., on Flickr

View Quote

Duty RDS is approved now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Can’t post pics, but here is my “inspired” HRT clone. It will eventually get an Aimpoint Duty.
The 11.5” HRT clone is finally complete. The Geissele Fed rail really makes it stand out! #guns #hrt
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Can’t post pics, but here is my “inspired” HRT clone. It will eventually get an Aimpoint Duty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu58EDCxZFo
View Quote

Great song!
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Last picture of the almost clone that didn’t quite get to be a clone before I replace the Mk4 Fed with a Mk16 to lean towards URGI.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
Last picture of the almost clone that didn’t quite get to be a clone before I replace the Mk4 Fed with a Mk16 to lean towards URGI.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430237/IMG_9505_jpeg-3144823.JPG
View Quote

Nice Recce 5
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Nice Recce 5
View Quote

I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm since this is a clone thread, but I’m gonna go with it’s not lol so thanks. Also part of the reason I’m kinda getting away from clones now. I just can’t mentally justify the cost of some of the clone parts like the Flow or whatever flowthru suppressor that apparently has a contract with the FBI.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#31]
The FDE 556k the correct can for these now?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#32]

I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm since this is a clone thread, but I’m gonna go with it’s not lol so thanks. Also part of the reason I’m kinda getting away from clones now. I just can’t mentally justify the cost of some of the clone parts like the Flow or whatever flowthru suppressor that apparently has a contract with the FBI.
View All Quotes

Nice Recce 5

Everything on contract will change in a few years anyway
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#33]
[b]Originally Posted By []

View Quote

Definitely not; I have a Recce 5K on mine lol. I tell myself it’s slightly clone correct because it’s related to the Griffin HRT which was also up for the contract :[/b
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jhon:
The FDE 556k the correct can for these now?
View Quote

I thought there was a picture of the grey/black 556, but I might be wrong and it’s the FDE 556k.
Originally Posted By cone256:

Everything on contract will change in a few years anyway
View Quote

This is very true. Tbh, I’m surprised they didn’t follow the military’s lead and go with the tried and true RC2. It’s a way better looking can than the Flow too.

Definitely not; I have a Recce 5K on mine lol. I tell myself it’s slightly clone correct because it’s related to the Griffin HRT which was also up for the contract :[/b
View Quote

Well in that case thanks again. I kinda wish the Recce 5k was out when I ordered my Recce 5, I might’ve gone with that instead.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Originally Posted By ChrizzaiN:

https://i.postimg.cc/d1ZX9t6x/20240122-134228-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/rwqBLTyD/20240122-133931-2.jpg

Thank you, I do love the duck sauce! This Noveske lower was full FCD parts before it became part of this rifle but I still felt the need to include a little flare into this build.
Page / 87
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top