Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 123
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

I'd totally build that abomination lol. The KAC URX rail and SDN6 is heavy.
View Quote

I'll trade you a MI rail for the 3.1 then.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
I think you guys are talking about two completely different rifles. But let's keep talking about the cool one TC is talking about and less about that sig canned Midwest railed abomination.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I think you guys are talking about two completely different rifles. But let's keep talking about the cool one TC is talking about and less about that sig canned Midwest railed abomination.

I'm specifically talking about the can that dev typically uses on the MPW 300 BLK recce rifles (examples in these two photos) which is also the same can that's in the "Fresh Cut Slides" video on the 300 BLK rifle with the Midwest rail.

that sig canned

FFS. I give up.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]

FFS. I give up.

View Quote

Text me, I'm here for you haha
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

I'm specifically talking about the can that dev typically uses on the MPW 300 BLK recce rifles (examples in these two photos) which is also the same can that's in the "Fresh Cut Slides" video on the 300 BLK rifle with the Midwest rail.

https://i.imgur.com/kMJddYy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/S4CtsQW.jpg

FFS. I give up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExaGI1NGtudDE3dDRranQ4c280amU1bW4xa3Bvc3Ezb3MzbnZjcGEweCZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/gh1PcN7Agxlcc/giphy.gif
View Quote

Didn’t Chris say it was an AAC can? I had assumed an SDN6 but maybe it wasn’t…. Plot thickens.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
If I'm wrong on the can being Sig, I'll own that.  I assumed that the LVAW serial was a Sig serial.  I was able inspect the dev MPW (and many other weapons) in the reference library at Crane a while back, but unfortunately I can't share the photos.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By usnguns:
If I'm wrong on the can being Sig, I'll own that.  I assumed that the LVAW serial was a Sig serial.  I was able inspect the dev MPW (and many other weapons) in the reference library at Crane a while back, but unfortunately I can't share the photos.
View Quote

Dude, no worries at all of course. Totally get it about the photos.

This is the reason the cans have an LVAW serial number:

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Dude, no worries at all of course. Totally get it about the photos.

This is the reason the cans have an LVAW serial number:

https://i.imgur.com/VJRXF7T.jpg
View Quote

I knew it was gonna be the OG honey badger! I just couldn’t find any pics of the can by itself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:31:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#8]

https://i.imgur.com/kMJddYy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/S4CtsQW.jpg

FFS. I give up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExaGI1NGtudDE3dDRranQ4c280amU1bW4xa3Bvc3Ezb3MzbnZjcGEweCZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/gh1PcN7Agxlcc/giphy.gif
View Quote

I hate that thing so it having a sig can would have been fine with me!

I just can't for the life of me understand why the Midwest rail? If they wanted to update their old MPW's why not throw on a URX4 when they re barreled? The dudes have anything they want at their fingertips and they chose some Mickey Mouse shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:54:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#9]

I hate that thing so it having a sig can would have been fine with me! Of course it had ol faithful on it! The good ol tooth skipper. I love my N6 on 300BLK.

I just can't for the life of me understand why the Midwest rail? If they wanted to update their old MPW's why not throw on a URX4 when they re barreled? The dudes have anything they want at their fingertips and they chose some Mickey Mouse shit.
View Quote

It’s not an N6 and doesn’t use a 51T. They’re direct thread.

Dev had been running Midwest 416 rails forever, so probably safe to assume there’s some relationship there maybe? I don’t think KAC would make much sense.

Pretty safe bet they test stuff well and use what works for them. Having seen some of the Noveske test materials, it’s not taken lightly. People make the same complaints about them using Inforce WMLs but then go put Modlights on their gun that only take rechargeable batteries lmao. 🤷‍♂️

I think end of the day it’s kinda fun and interesting that these SMUs use weird shit that we wouldn’t guess. Would be kinda boring if they were all using the same shit kinda like big socom. Keeps it interesting I think… at least IMO.

Do you have experience with the Midwest rails not working well for you or is it more just a personal preference thing? I’ve used the 416 one a bit and it was every bit as solid as Geissele, had no flex, felt ergonomic and overall had no complaints about it. I assume the AR version is pretty similar in design.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#10]
NSW Recce 15.1 version:

Would you go with a stamped C keyhole or raised C AF upper if both were an option?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:10:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#11]

It’s not an N6 and doesn’t use a 51T. They’re direct thread.

Dev had been running Midwest 416 rails forever, so probably safe to assume there’s some relationship there maybe? I don’t think KAC would make much sense.

Pretty safe bet they test stuff well and use what works for them. Having seen some of the Noveske test materials, it’s not taken lightly. People make the same complaints about them using Inforce WMLs but then go put Modlights on their gun that only take rechargeable batteries lmao. 🤷‍♂️

I think end of the day it’s kinda fun and interesting that these SMUs use weird shit that we wouldn’t guess. Would be kinda boring if they were all using the same shit kinda like big socom. Keeps it interesting I think… at least IMO.

Do you have experience with the Midwest rails not working well for you or is it more just a personal preference thing? I’ve used the 416 one a bit and it was every bit as solid as Geissele, had no flex, felt ergonomic and overall had no complaints about it. I assume the AR version is pretty similar in design.
View Quote

Yea, I edited my response once I read further and saw it was an AAC honey Badger suppressor. At first I thought you were implying it was the N6 off the 12.5" MPW rifles.

I do have experience with Midwest rails and it is just surprising they use it.

KAC in my mind would have made more sense to me as they have used plenty of KAC in the past and I am still a firm believer that the URX4 is the best mlok rail available.

Nothing beats the IBN for rigidity in my mind. EDIT: there is no downside to the URX4

EDIT: Are you saying the suppressor on the 12.5 MPW rifles is the AAC honey badger can and not a SDN6?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:38:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#12]
[color=#ff0000]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
NSW Recce 15.1 version:

Would you go with a stamped C keyhole or raised C AF upper if both were an option?
View Quote
[/color]

I too would like to know opinions as I've been stuck on this exact decision for three weeks now.........................Or Diemaco Keyhole/Cerro I have them all
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
[color=#ff0000][/color]

I too would like to know opinions as I've been stuck on this exact decision for three weeks now.........................Or Diemaco Keyhole/Cerro I have them all
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
[color=#ff0000]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
NSW Recce 15.1 version:

[/color]

Use either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:15:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#14]
Welp with these last few 70*+ days I've started to make forward progress on this damn build I've been stock piling parts for going on two years now............

Gotta send JT the barrel for the P/W'd then its assembly time....................ETA:  It's helluva a lot darker in person those damn daylight leds fucking with the shades

Painted in primarily in two of the Lords favorite colors..................... @SecretSquirell

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Whos making a good NSW 15.1 6ARC barrel? Going to be using it with one of the .30 cal AEM5-30k

(Also in stock alert if that helps anyone)
https://www.aesuppressors.com/product/aem5-30k-2/
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TIML:
Whos making a good NSW 15.1 6ARC barrel? Going to be using it with one of the .30 cal AEM5-30k

(Also in stock alert if that helps anyone)
https://www.aesuppressors.com/product/aem5-30k-2/
View Quote

I had CLE turn me one luckily before they shut down individual custom orders..........................
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

I was mistaken, the setup I'm looking at is 16" and not the new 18" 6arc setup. The one I'm looking at is another setup currently being trialed. I apologize for the mistake.
View Quote

Can you share said photos?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Still need a T1 or T2 but that’ll come in time.  So far it’s been a solid shooter and certainly feels great.  Looking forward to running it through the paces now that warmer weather has arrived.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

I was mistaken, the setup I'm looking at is 16" and not the new 18" 6arc setup. The one I'm looking at is another setup currently being trialed. I apologize for the mistake.

Not risking guy's careers for the sake of arfcom cloners, sorry
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

lol, they are literally posting their kit on instagram.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

They all are? or just one dude who immediately delete's it all?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
After probably getting bent over a barrel by command.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I said "they are" not "they all are". Just funny that is all.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Any updates on the GFR 6mm ARC optics being used? I keep seeing/hearing its either the ATACR or NX8 2-20x
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By it7eke2000:
Any updates on the GFR 6mm ARC optics being used? I keep seeing/hearing its either the ATACR or NX8 2-20x
View Quote
ATACR and MK6
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
ATACR and MK6
View Quote
MK6 lpvo or 3-18?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By it7eke2000:
MK6 lpvo or 3-18?
View Quote
3-18 with M5C2 turrets.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 36trap] [#29]
So back on page 56 this rifle was posted saying it's the new standard among NSWDG with clearly undertone of insider knowledge. Not much was thought of it but allot of it has come to light (i.e. the dead air cans)

Of course he dipped and never posted again after only making 4 posts on arfcom lol.
View Quote

Catching up on this thread, had forgot about those posts but I've since learned who that dude is and I can assure you he's connected.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Both my 15.1" rifles one being wayyyy outta place here lol but my NSW came out aight!!

Fixing to ship it to John Thomas for the P/W and between these two and a handfull of other rifles I'll be ordering an AEM5 & AEM30 in June!  Gotta get this boy graduated from MSU and off to life first.....................

Now with that being said let Dennis or Operation Parts fuck around and call me with my rail I'm waiting on and this might happen.........................

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I really need to get with Into the Void and get a gangsta grip and go find a damn Short Dot............................

It's back to wearing an Acog for now.........................
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:24:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots] [#32]
NSW Recce fans, mind filling me in on what a very good but used condition 2.5-10x24 MOAR/MOA Nightforce fetches?

It's not true clone correct so if this is the wrong place to ask, apologies in advance. Figured if anyone knows it's this group
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#33]
While I was heavily shopping for mine and just cruising the EE now the go anywhere from $1300-3K with the upper end being the NavSpec/MilSpec marked ones
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Two questions gents

1- even if not kosher, how plausible would a swan sleeve be on an OG Recce? I'm skipping KAC rings for Mk4s and have a Titusville 99166 instead of Vero so it's not going to be strictly correct regardless. Thinking a 38L-EX or 38L-S-EX? Or would Super High Mk4s be less sacrilegious? Scope is a Vari-X III 3-9X PR.

2- J-point mounts. Is there either a:
1) picatinny offset mount with a Jpoint footprint
2) period correct offset picatinny base + picatinny Jpoint mount or
3) 1" scope tube ring mount with a Jpoint footprint?

Over looked high and low, not coming up with much aside from JPs in house offset mount. Not a huge fan. Looking ideally for something like the Burris tube mount.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#35]
ATACR and MK6
View Quote

Which ATACR model are they running on the 6ARC? And which barrel length was selected?

I keep trying to find info on the new issued GFR but can’t seem to much at all…
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By htxdriller:

Which ATACR model are they running on the 6ARC? And which barrel length was selected?

I keep trying to find info on the new issued GFR but can't seem to much at all
View Quote
4-16 tremor 3 and 14.5 and 18 is what I'm tracking for 6ARCs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I feel like the Dev 6mm ARC needs its own thread once more info starts coming out
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
so no 1-8x seen so far?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks for the info. I feel like the Dev 6mm ARC needs its own thread once more info starts coming out
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Agreed!
View All Quotes

Agreed!
here ya go

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/NSWDG-6-ARC-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread-/118-785547/

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#41]
New to this so bear with me on a random question.

I picked up a Otter Creek OTB FH and was wanting to go the NSW Recce route.

Just going on math alone, if I'm running a KAC RAS long and running a 14.5" barrel... theoretically, it should work almost flush to the end of the rail?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#42]
Originally Posted By nj0ywatch1np0rn:
New to this so bear with me on a random question.

I picked up a Otter Creek OTB FH and was wanting to go the NSW Recce route.

Just going on math alone, if I'm running a KAC RAS long and running a 14.5" barrel... theoretically, it should work almost flush to the end of the rail?
View Quote

Nope.

You need a 15.1" barrel to have an aem5 fit flush on the end of a FF RAS while getting the spec of 8 turns on the suppressor.

ADCO had a flash hider where the suppressor threads traveled further towards the muzzle on the device than the typical AEMB. A few people have gotten those to work on a 14.5/RAS/AEM5 rig. I'm not sure of how many turns or how much more carbon now gets blasted onto the suppressor internal threads when doing this.

Just get a barrel cut with the SPR contour to 15.1" and run an SPR collar. Save the OCL stuff for something else.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Not clone, but you theoretically could use the otter halfway mount and get almost there. Covers 1" of barrel past the threads (but that's measuring all the way to the back of the mount). You'd still have a noticeable gap, looking like a 16" would, i assume, at which point it would make more sense to just do that.

I've tried to cheat the process every which way and the juice is never quite worth the squeeze.

However, the A.R.M.S. #38 S-EX version with NF 1.125" rings I played with for a spell was my favorite.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Nope.

You need a 15.1" barrel to have an aem5 fit flush on the end of a FF RAS while getting the spec of 8 turns on the suppressor.

ADCO had a flash hider where the suppressor threads traveled further towards the muzzle on the device than the typical AEMB. A few people have gotten those to work on a 14.5/RAS/AEM5 rig. I'm not sure of how many turns or how much more carbon now gets blasted onto the suppressor internal threads when doing this.

Just get a barrel cut with the SPR contour to 15.1" and run an SPR collar. Save the OCL stuff for something else.
View Quote

Yeah, I'll go that route.

Suck Dave doesn't do the contours anymore since he did most of my stuff but ADCO are good people as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Congrats to Subpar for having his MRE Recce featured in the latest InferiorRifles video!

Viewer-Submitted Clone Builds!

But excuse me sir, "the rifle that tamed Baghdad" is my line, where are my royalties??
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#46]
What distance are most of ya’ll zeroing your 90 degree top red dots at? What balances out best given the height over bore?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Ridger:
What distance are most of ya’ll zeroing your 90 degree top red dots at? What balances out best given the height over bore?
View Quote

50m

Hit steel at 200m with same zero basically.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#48]

50m

Hit steel at 200m with same zero basically.
View Quote

Cool, I’ve always done 36 yards on EOTechs, but haven’t messed with the piggy back dots yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Ridger:
View Quote

I do 25yds, but that’s basically to keep every red dot on a rifle zeroed at the same range. The only purely red dot rifles I have are PCCs, so the 25yds make sense. As for the piggy backed MRDS, I like 25yds as I don’t have to hold over even more for close up stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Man, there really is no need for another rifle. Shot a few groups at 100m then burned it down at 25-10m with the T1. Bootleg carrier on full suppressed with an H2 is amazing in this rifle.

Flyer is cold bore. First shot of the day and after a carbon cleaning.

Page / 123
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top