Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 77 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

I like 19X so much that I'd like to pick up another in case Glock stops selling them.  All my other Glocks collect dust now.

Cheers
View Quote
Agreed. 19X is the best Glock they have made. Before I sold off my Glocks and converted to CZ, the 19X was my favorite and I was about to add a second one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slipjett] [#2]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:

+1

Sorry to ask, since I know this was mentioned somewhere at some point, but I just can't find it right now.

Between the MLOK CQB upper and Quad Rail MRP Upper, what exactly was the weight difference?

I remember reading that the chassis itself wasn't heavy, it was the barrel profile that accounted for the bulk of the weight. Is this correct?

Does anyone have both MLC and Quad Rail CQB uppers that they can compare weights of?

Thanks!
View Quote
I just weighed both the MLC chassis and Quad Rail CQB chassis both completely bare...2.2 oz difference! I'll post pics of the scale as soon as I can remember my flickr account login, lol.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By slipjett:

I just weighed both the MLC chassis and Quad Rail CQB chassis both completely bare...2.2 oz difference! I'll post pics of the scale as soon as I can remember my flickr account login, lol.
View Quote
5.5 oz difference when talking about the rifle length comparison
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7870/46211734265_3566a78221_b.jpg" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7870/46211734265_3566a78221_b.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7816/47073437312_5eb99ff22d_b.jpg" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7816/47073437312_5eb99ff22d_b.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

+1

Sorry to ask, since I know this was mentioned somewhere at some point, but I just can't find it right now.

Between the MLOK CQB upper and Quad Rail MRP Upper, what exactly was the weight difference?

I remember reading that the chassis itself wasn't heavy, it was the barrel profile that accounted for the bulk of the weight. Is this correct?

Does anyone have both MLC and Quad Rail CQB uppers that they can compare weights of?

Thanks!
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7870/46211734265_3566a78221_b.jpg" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7870/46211734265_3566a78221_b.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7816/47073437312_5eb99ff22d_b.jpg" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7816/47073437312_5eb99ff22d_b.jpg
Thank you for posting that. When I posted the 2-3 ounces difference I was just going off what I remember reading somewhere but couldn't find again. Good to see the proof again. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
View All Quotes

Great information. I think I'd prefer the MLC for ergonomic reasons but hard to pass on the OG CQB too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Great information. I think I'd prefer the MLC for ergonomic reasons but hard to pass on the OG CQB too.
View Quote
Hell ya. My gen 1 rifle length quad rail chassis is up for sale if anyone wants it. From what a read from a recent lmt instagram post, the gen 1s were made from a solid block of billet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes

I really hope I don't have to wait for the LMT 2019 12 Days of Christmas sale for a MLC to go on sale somewhere. Hopefully they run some promotion this summer for Memorial Day/4th of July...etc.  I guess there always is the Veterans Day/Black Friday/12 days at the end of the year. I really want the MLC for a slightly better price.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

I really hope I don't have to wait for the LMT 2019 12 Days of Christmas sale for a MLC to go on sale somewhere. Hopefully they run some promotion this summer for Memorial Day/4th of July...etc.  I guess there always is the Veterans Day/Black Friday/12 days at the end of the year. I really want the MLC for a slightly better price.
View Quote
Presidents Day sale wouldv'e been nice.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Agree.

Last nagging question (for now) for you MRP addicts. Can I get width/height of MRP rail vs MLC/MLR chassis? I know the MRP has always been on the slender side so I’d be curious how much slimmer the MLOK version is. Thanks to all for helping.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hox] [#12]

Agree.

Last nagging question (for now) for you MRP addicts. Can I get width/height of MRP rail vs MLC/MLR chassis? I know the MRP has always been on the slender side so I'd be curious how much slimmer the MLOK version is. Thanks to all for helping.
View Quote
According to my calipers:

Mlok: 1.98 inches tall; 1.63 inches wide
CQB: 2.23 inches tall; 2.0 inches wide
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hox:
According to my calipers:

Mlok: 1.98 inches tall; 1.63 inches wide
CQB: 2.23 inches tall; 2.0 inches wide
View Quote
Thank you. Great information. I've got a MLOK MWS chassis that I'll measure too for comparison sake. I'll say that the picatinny rail dimensions are excellent providing for a much more comfortable grip than some of the I-beam shaped rails out there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone had functional success cutting a 16" MWS barrel back to 14"/14.5"?

I'm planning to do so (14" with a P/W FH) and intend to run it suppressed, but I know the LMT factory 13.5" barrel has a larger gas port (.086) whereas the standard 16" has a .076 port.

Curious if I'm going to run into any function/teething issues, or if it can work with the appropriate buffer tweaks, etc.?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Uriah:
Has anyone had functional success cutting a 16" MWS barrel back to 14"/14.5"?

I'm planning to do so (14" with a P/W FH) and intend to run it suppressed, but I know the LMT factory 13.5" barrel has a larger gas port (.086) whereas the standard 16" has a .076 port.

Curious if I'm going to run into any function/teething issues, or if it can work with the appropriate buffer tweaks, etc.?
View Quote
Generally the 16 inch cl is pretty overgassed so I think you should be ok, give it a try. Worst case scenario, you may have to play with buffer weight a bit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Somewhat off topic, but anyone have an LMT fixed front sight (or two) they want to sell?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Theres just something about a CQB 10.5"

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By monsonman:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7891/33274387358_24cfd8d2c2_b.jpg
View Quote
Great pic bro
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Yes there is.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
it's because they're bad ass approved

picked up my mars lower today , need to see how quick eform's are taking

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I went 11.5 myself. Just got the barrel delivered and installed an hour ago I'll keep this lower a pistol and SBR the other lower so I can still go back to pistol for travel if need be. BUIS soon to come

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Coupon code IG15 takes 15% off.
View Quote
Hey quick question, is the coupon code good for only one purchase?

I'm debating whether to hold off for when I need a bigger buy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Thanks
View All Quotes

Coupon code IG15 takes 15% off.

Thanks
Not sure to be honest. If I had to guess I'd say that it's likely good for multiple purchases. Hopefully someone that's tried will come along.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah I was just about to buy a couple small things, but I've also been planning on an MRP CQB quad rail upper. Too bad the enhanced bcg is out cause I was wanting to throw that in there too...
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:39:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hox] [#25]
Double Post
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Thanks
View Quote
When I used it, it was only good for one purchase.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I went 11.5 myself. Just got the barrel delivered and installed an hour ago I'll keep this lower a pistol and SBR the other lower so I can still go back to pistol for travel if need be. BUIS soon to come

https://i.imgur.com/Nv5KuQ6.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/i1gFHcr.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/oEG5W0X.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/tOKnMGS.jpg?1
View Quote
Love that pistol!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Sabre675:

Love that pistol!
View Quote
Thank you! Its dumping snow here. If I weren't stuck at work I'd be at the range giving it a snowy workout.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#29]
10.5" hanging in my little room of stuff.

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#30]

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7863/32215031197_816158af8f_b.jpg
View Quote
Everything about that is awesome.

I'm on the hunt for a MLC upper now. I think I'm ready to take the plunge.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#31]

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7863/32215031197_816158af8f_b.jpg
View Quote
Looks great!

How do you like the 10.5" shooting it suppressed? Is it over gassed or not too bad?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#32]
When I used it, it was only good for one purchase.
View Quote
Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured.

I'm also interested to know how the gas ports are in these. I was going to go with an 11.5" barrel, can anyone say how these run gas wise?

I remember reading a short while back that the MWS rifles had some issues running suppressed. Is/was this the case also with the 5.56 MRP's? I'm planning to eventually run this with a suppressor for the majority of the time.

I don't know if I should bother buying an MRP barrel, or just go straight to getting a barrel from Centurion and having it reprofiled for the MRP chassis.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#33]

I'm also interested to know how the gas ports are in these. I was going to go with an 11.5" barrel, can anyone say how these run gas wise?

I remember reading a short while back that the MWS rifles had some issues running suppressed. Is/was this the case also with the 5.56 MRP's? I'm planning to eventually run this with a suppressor for the majority of the time.

I don't know if I should bother buying an MRP barrel, or just go straight to getting a barrel from Centurion and having it reprofiled for the MRP chassis.
View Quote
I've had excellent luck with my 11.5 with a H2 buffer + M16 carrier + LMT enhanced bolt. 100% function suppressed and unsuppressed (M4-2000). I have an enhanced LMT M16 carrier arriving soon and will be testing buffer weights and different lube to find the best combination.

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Generally speaking, LMT's just run.

MWS's run harder than their peers, but at the same time, the are pretty over built to accommodate the pressures they run at. What can and has happened in the past is people adding a suppressor to the system that really was'nt really optimized for that particular weapon.  Just as there are no standard/TPD for large frame AR's there is no standard spec for cans. historically most can manufactures chased Db Reduction which kind of resulted in cans the increased back pressure.  So when used on normal to undergassed system these cans worked fine.

When the industry began to overgass guns to increase reliability across a broad range of ammo, chasing Db Reduction started to cause issues. So now there are a broad range of solutions. Low back pressure cans, adjustible gas keys/BCG's, Heavier buffers.

I ran a Gemtech GMT-300WM(Dagger) on my and it ran damn hard with it and an H2 buffer.  Well I picked up a sandman K, dropped a H9/extra heavy Buffer in it and it is really nice to shoot.  In regards to the MRP,  I have been running a supressed 10.5 with an 15 year old gemtech m4-02 can for years and never had an issue. ran it with a H2 for a long time before trying out a JP Silent capture spring.  Its allays been reliable.

I see no real reason to modify some hobby grade barrel for use in the system. Just pick out a suppressor that is optimized for what you want to do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waddlingweezol] [#35]
@AZ2A and m4hk33

I appreciate the info. Aside from our issued M4's, the only other M4/AR rifles I've shot were a CQB Mod 2 SR15 and Mod 2 SR15 14.5". They shoot very well, and I've never really pieced together any AR's. I just rather buy something factory that I know will work.

I've always been iffy on whether or not to jump on the MRP, so I've fallen out of the loop with where they are today. The pictures like the one posted above don't help. I have an LMT lower still missing an upper, so I've been wanting to throw an MRP upper on it. I mentioned Centurion because from everything I know about them, their gas ports are on the smaller side.

I can get a deal on an CQB MRP chassis right now for what seems like a good price to me. I'd share it, but don't want to violate any rules. What was the Brownell's pricing on CQB MRP uppers that everyone was raving about? And was that the full upper with BCG and all?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Not sure what Brownells was selling them at but they were a pretty good deal, with that being said, I would just watch LMT on social media as the do have some pretty good sales during the year.

Xmas was one, I remember the fathers day sale being pretty good think i bought an MLC upper.  they have them periodically.  very nice if not rushing anything.  Also, they offer a military discount if you call them up and ask
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#37]
If memory serves, Brownells were selling stripped MLC uppers for $499.00 on Fathers Day. I probably should’ve bought one being I have an SBR’d MARS-L lower collecting dust.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Looks great!

How do you like the 10.5" shooting it suppressed? Is it over gassed or not too bad?
View Quote
truth be told ive never run that barrel suppressed. I just always ran my can on my 12" piston barrel. I have an itch to run it on the 10.5" though so when I do, i'll report back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#39]
If memory serves, Brownells were selling stripped MLC uppers for $499.00 on Fathers Day. I probably should’ve bought one being I have an SBR’d MARS-L lower collecting dust.

Cheers
View Quote
Damn! I missed out on that one. I've seen some good used CQB options and despite the minimal weight difference I think I want to hold out for a MLC.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#40]
@AZ2A and m4hk33

I appreciate the info. Aside from our issued M4's, the only other M4/AR rifles I've shot were a CQB Mod 2 SR15 and Mod 2 SR15 14.5". They shoot very well, and I've never really pieced together any AR's. I just rather buy something factory that I know will work.

I've always been iffy on whether or not to jump on the MRP, so I've fallen out of the loop with where they are today. The pictures like the one posted above don't help. I have an LMT lower still missing an upper, so I've been wanting to throw an MRP upper on it. I mentioned Centurion because from everything I know about them, their gas ports are on the smaller side.

I can get a deal on an CQB MRP chassis right now for what seems like a good price to me. I'd share it, but don't want to violate any rules. What was the Brownell's pricing on CQB MRP uppers that everyone was raving about? And was that the full upper with BCG and all?
View Quote
They CQB uppers started off at $699 and ultimately were $599, no BCG no CH.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Cheers
View Quote
Stripped MLC upper for <$500 on Father's Day? Yes please. I'd be all over that.

truth be told ive never run that barrel suppressed. I just always ran my can on my 12" piston barrel. I have an itch to run it on the 10.5" though so when I do, i'll report back.
View Quote
Thanks. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. Please do report back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I have run my 10.5" MRP suppressed (SpecWar 2) much more than unsuppressed.
Either way I have not yet had a single failure to feed fire or eject.
Other than the H2 buffer WES (MSTN) recommended, it is totally stock with LMT BCG.

This has been with everything from Q3131A, MK 262, Hornady 75gr 556 and 223, LC M855,
77gr and 69gr BH 223, 50gr Blitzkings, BH blue box 75gr, Win M855, Norinco 55gr 556, and
AE 55gr 223, plus a few others I am not sure about.
Never any steel case  of any kind.

Minimal gas blowback with PRI gas buster even though I am a southpaw.

The only pic I have of the short MRP with a longer barrel than the 10.5".

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#43]
FYI I measured my MLOK MWS chassis.

Height of handguard: 2.17”
Width of handguard: 1.70”
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By m4hk33:
Not sure what Brownells was selling them at but they were a pretty good deal, with that being said, I would just watch LMT on social media as the do have some pretty good sales during the year.

Xmas was one, I remember the fathers day sale being pretty good think i bought an MLC upper.  they have them periodically.  very nice if not rushing anything.  Also, they offer a military discount if you call them up and ask
View Quote
Ok that's good to hear. I already emailed them to get the military discount, so it looks like I'll be getting the MRP CQB upper for the same exact price as the Brownells deal was.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Ok that's good to hear. I already emailed them to get the military discount, so it looks like I'll be getting the MRP CQB upper for the same exact price as the Brownells deal was.
View Quote
Stripped?

The Brownells deal included a 16” barrel. Mind sharing the price?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone know where the best price for a stripped MARs lower is? Local shop said they can order one for $310. I thought I saw them for $229 at one point.
Also currently in stock would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jaysop:
Anyone know where the best price for a stripped MARs lower is? Local shop said they can order one for $310. I thought I saw them for $229 at one point.
View Quote
Just sent a text to my dealer who is usually very competitive on pricing and also where I ordered my NZ rifle. I'll let you know what I find out
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
Out of stock at the moment, but this was the best price I could find and where I ordered mine from.  https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/77/
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Out of stock at the moment, but this was the best price I could find and where I ordered mine from.  https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/77/
View Quote
Good people too. I ordered my MARS-H lower from them.

Let me know if anybody spots a MLC chassis or 10.5 combo. I'm getting hot for one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
I ordered my stripped lower for the above-pictured pistol from tombstone tactical. 272 shipped I think. The link above is a better price but tombstone had several in stock so I went that route.
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 77 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top