Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 72 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the feedback gents.   MRP owner feedback is best feedback

Seems like the E carrier shines in 14.5" and under ARs, and with suppressed ARs.  LMT however says nothing about not using it any say a 16" or 18" barreled AR.

I got a cpl. normal LMT bolts already, so I'd like to go ahead, and use one of those.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Correct...LMT does not use the E BCG on anything midlength or longer gas systems from LMT...

The E BCG was designed for 14.5" carbine gas guns or smaller.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
Thanks for the feedback gents.   MRP owner feedback is best feedback

Seems like the E carrier shines in 14.5" and under ARs, and with suppressed ARs.  LMT however says nothing about not using it any say a 16" or 18" barreled AR.

I got a cpl. normal LMT bolts already, so I'd like to go ahead, and use one of those.
View Quote
I personally run the complete E-bcg in each of my factory 14.5 carbine gassed barreled mrp's with no complaints.

KAC's sandcutter carrier is pure tits, but LMT's E-carrier has significant enhancements/features to benefit a rifle overall.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AR415:

I personally run the complete E-bcg in each of my factory 14.5 carbine gassed barreled mrp's with no complaints.

KAC's sandcutter carrier is pure tits, but LMT's E-carrier has significant enhancements/features to benefit a rifle overall.
View Quote
Thanks for the first hand info on the E BCGs.

I share your exact opinion on the sand cutter vs E carrier, but KAC koolaid is so strong
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
KAC and LMT cool-aids are running strong in this thread...they are practically brothers...
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#6]
I love ARs in general, but as time grows on any significant amount of money I spend in the AR realm goes to LMT or KAC.

It's really neat to see how close LMT and KAC have remained all these years, especially in today's marketplace where companies sue each other left and right.  I'd love to know the inner working of that whole relationship.  They should be arch rivals, as their products seem to compete heavily against each other.

Found these pics on TOS...any thoughts?  Obviously Estonia related.

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been waiting to hear LMT say this, or acknowledge this fact for a decade.  This is from their Instagram account.  They said it some time ago (Sept 18), but only saw it last night.

"lmtdefense:  in the past, we didn’t give as much attention to the commercial market as we should have. Though our focus is still producing some of the worlds best duty weapons, grass roots customers have our attention."

Also somebody recently asked me about the discount code, and said it wasn't working....however, I tried it last night and it was GTG.

Debating buying the LMT ambi CH  vs.  Geissele ACH.    I know the ACH is sexier, and sleeker...but I wonder if the LMT is stronger.

Next major decision is if I'm gonna get the super cool sandcutter carrier for $250 or the technically superior enhanced carrier from LMT for $170.  Really is a no brainer, but I want one of those sand cutters so bad.  Sometimes rational loses out to emotion.

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out if I want to use a gen3 scalerworks T-1 mount, or the KAC T-1 mount.  That scalerworks mount seems awesome.
View Quote
If it helps, the sandcutter's finish isn't that great. I have 2 uninstalled and they look like they were thrown in a pile at the factory. The DD chrome bcg looks like a million bucks by comparison.

I'm still glad I got they sandcutters though
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:40:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#8]
Originally Posted By BNW:

If it helps, the sandcutter's finish isn't that great. I have 2 uninstalled and they look like they were thrown in a pile at the factory. The DD chrome bcg looks like a million bucks by comparison.

View Quote
Yes that actually helps quite a bit as a big reason why I wanted it is for it's finish that I thought would be very close the one of the LMT MWS BCGs.   Thanks for that info for sure.

I had no idea DD made a chrome BCG....off to google I go
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes that actually helps quite a bit as a big reason why I wanted it is for it's finish that I thought would be very close the one of the LMT MWS BCGs.   Thanks for that info for sure.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BNW:

Check out the DSA Sandcutter BCG; it’s a work of art. Runs great too!

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I love ARs in general, but as time grows on any significant amount of money I spend in the AR realm goes to LMT or KAC.

It's really neat to see how close LMT and KAC have remained all these years, especially in today's marketplace where companies sue each other left and right.  I'd love to know the inner working of that whole relationship.  They should be arch rivals, as their products seem to compete heavily against each other.

Found these pics on TOS...any thoughts?  Obviously Estonia related.

https://i.imgur.com/r4TUM5r.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G9oC1yG.jpg
View Quote
That riser setup gave me eye cancer
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been waiting to hear LMT say this, or acknowledge this fact for a decade.  This is from their Instagram account.  They said it some time ago (Sept 18), but only saw it last night.

"lmtdefense:  in the past, we didn’t give as much attention to the commercial market as we should have. Though our focus is still producing some of the worlds best duty weapons, grass roots customers have our attention."

Also somebody recently asked me about the discount code, and said it wasn't working....however, I tried it last night and it was GTG.

Debating buying the LMT ambi CH  vs.  Geissele ACH.    I know the ACH is sexier, and sleeker...but I wonder if the LMT is stronger.

Next major decision is if I'm gonna get the super cool sandcutter carrier for $250 or the technically superior enhanced carrier from LMT for $170.  Really is a no brainer, but I want one of those sand cutters so bad.  Sometimes rational loses out to emotion.

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out if I want to use a gen3 scalerworks T-1 mount, or the KAC T-1 mount.  That scalerworks mount seems awesome.
View Quote
What’s the code?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Check out the DSA Sandcutter BCG; it’s a work of art. Runs great too!

Cheers
View Quote
Appreciate the tip about them, once again I had no idea those existed either.  I figured I was kind of alone in wanting a chrome carrier for the rather small benefit of ease of cleaning.

The DD one looks beautiful, and the price and finish on the DSA looks excellent as well.   All that said, I think the LMT E carrier is the wisest pick if I strip emotion, and looks away from the decision.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

What’s the code?
View Quote
IG15
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool Estonia Contract pics. Thanks. I wonder if the upper receiver is the same specs as mine or if they made a new forging for the Piston op rod and gas block.... It looks the same. I wouldn't veer far from the LMT BCG, sand cuts or no...The KAC Sand Cut carries look cool and I'm sure serve their purpose, but to what quantifiable end.

FYI if anyone was interested I spoke to Kenetic Development Group about using one of their MLOK Segments for an ATLAS Bipod. They advised that a 7 slot segment would be needed. They further advised that the segment would be GTG on a 5.56 Platform, but wasn't recommended for a 7.62 rifle.....FWIW.

Only new update I have on my builds are two MIADS inbound, purchased with funds from selling new take off ERGO Grips and an LMT Rear Sight. I think I'm going to sell three LMT New Take off Ambi safety's and two New LMT take off 2-stage triggers next and replace with BAD-CASS Selectors and either Geissle or Wilson Triggers... I've always had Geissle's but the TTU's from Wilson have a good track record.

Took my Green Machine MWS out today to a measly 310 yds pre-coyote hunt. I need to permanently hang steel to make shooting at respectable distances not such a hassle. Shooting papers sucks and I forgot to pack my spotting scope.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Thanks for the first hand info on the E BCGs.

I share your exact opinion on the sand cutter vs E carrier, but KAC koolaid is so strong
View Quote
Did someone say KAC Sandcutter and koolaid? Yum...

Originally Posted By thehun06:
KAC and LMT cool-aids are running strong in this thread...they are practically brothers...
View Quote
Yeah I love me some LMT and KAC. Both make great stuff. If they would combine together on the same project, use MRP upper with a KAC E3 barrel extension + E3 bolt + Mod 2 gas system and a few other joint designs, it would be the best AR rifle ever built.

View Quote
I wish there was a better documented history of the partnership of LMT and KAC together. Chris Bartocci has hinted of it on Small Arms Solutions. But I wish there was a more detailed and in-depth account of this partnership over the years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
How do you like that mount? It looks nice. I have a MI MRO mount and I'm not sure that I really need to change.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
I think there were a few of us looking at that 11.5" barrel

I recently got a Scalarworks gen 2 MRO mount and I really like it so far.
How do you like that mount? It looks nice. I have a MI MRO mount and I'm not sure that I really need to change.
If you already have a good mount, probably not worth swapping out.  The Scarlarworks is kinda spendy anyway, and it's not quite as 'quick' detach as a lever type mechanism if that's important to you.

But, it just seems like it's very precise in fit to the pic rail so I assume it will return to zero very well.  I'll have to test that one of these days.  And due to the attachment method, any variance in width from one pic rail to another is automatically accounted for whereas most of the qd levers will need an adjustment to compensate.  The mount just screams quality and attention to detail in design as well as manufacturing...at least to me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#17]
If you already have a good mount, probably not worth swapping out.  The Scarlarworks is kinda spendy anyway, and it's not quite as 'quick' detach as a lever type mechanism if that's important to you.

But, it just seems like it's very precise in fit to the pic rail so I assume it will return to zero very well.  I'll have to test that one of these days.  And due to the attachment method, any variance in width from one pic rail to another is automatically accounted for whereas most of the qd levers will need an adjustment to compensate.  The mount just screams quality and attention to detail in design as well as manufacturing...at least to me.
View All Quotes
I think there were a few of us looking at that 11.5" barrel

I recently got a Scalarworks gen 2 MRO mount and I really like it so far.

I had a Scalarworks T2 mount at one point and I have to agree. They are very well made and in my opinion worth the price. I'll be getting another for this MRP build.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#18]
My MLR from the sale finally made it to me.  This one isn't quite as nice as my first one but it'll do.  Moved everything over from a quad rail cqb chassis.  It's the top one in pic below.

FWIW, the top one is set up with factory 16" barrel and as shown without optics, rail covers, and mag it weighs in just under 7 lbs.  Not light but not bad really for such a bomb proof stick.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's where my MRO/Scalarworks mount went to...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Thanks for that description. Looking at pictures and videos of it, it looks really nice from an engineering perspective. I am happy with my MI mount that I got with my MRO. The Scalarworks is definitely tempting. I have no reason to need one, but maybe one day.

Here's where my MRO/Scalarworks mount went to...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/409179/2018-12-29_13_23_42__XL__jpg-811656.JPG
View Quote
That setup looks great.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish I had found this thread back in August when I ordered a MWS MLOK upper and barrel and bolt, and ambi charging handle. It had to go back to LMT twice . It wouldn`t head space for my gunsmith after I had trouble getting the BCG to go into battery, The had two ambi charging handles crack at the pin sites.

Joe Collins and Gene Swanson ultimately got the upper taken care of, They said  it had a tight chamber but was within spec. The first time I shot it with CBC M 80 7.62 , I had multiple failures to extract, I had  multiple mags that didn`t want to drop free. I was on the verge of returning it for a refund. I tried it a second time with Winchester .308 FMJ,  Lake City M80, and Federal Gold Medal Match with much better results. I only had 1 FTE. So my parts build is ammo sensitive. My factory build MWS eats anything.

I have been tempted to pick up  MRP MLOK upper. I already have  a MARS lower, but now I`m leery. And now I`m reading here you have to remove the barrel to mount MLOK accessories? Is that true for both the 5.56 and .308 models?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:48:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By arbob:
I wish I had found this thread back in August when I ordered a MWS MLOK upper and barrel and bolt, and ambi charging handle. It had to go back to LMT twice . It wouldn`t head space for my gunsmith after I had trouble getting the BCG to go into battery, The had two ambi charging handles crack at the pin sites.

Joe Collins and Gene Swanson ultimately got the upper taken care of, They said  it had a tight chamber but was within spec. The first time I shot it with CBC M 80 7.62 , I had multiple failures to extract, I had  multiple mags that didn`t want to drop free. I was on the verge of returning it for a refund. I tried it a second time with Winchester .308 FMJ,  Lake City M80, and Federal Gold Medal Match with much better results. I only had 1 FTE. So my parts build is ammo sensitive. My factory build MWS eats anything.

I have been tempted to pick up  MRP MLOK upper. I already have  a MARS lower, but now I`m leery. And now I`m reading here you have to remove the barrel to mount MLOK accessories? Is that true for both the 5.56 and .308 models?
View Quote
I could be wrong, but I think what is being said is that in order to remove the barrel, the MLOK attachments have to come off first.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Correct...LMT does not use the E BCG on anything midlength or longer gas systems from LMT...

The E BCG was designed for 14.5" carbine gas guns or smaller.
View Quote
Per Chris Bartocci's videos, the enhanced BC was designed specifically for 16" and 14.5" barrels with the carbine gas system.  I've also seen it said that you wouldn't want to use it on a short barrel with carbine gas.  The bolt itself would be an improvement for any combination.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Code is working again, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Happy to help friend

As usual, the MRP & MWS chassis is the gift that never stops giving:

I have no clue about 450 Bushmaster, but I'm certainly going to learn about it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Happy to help friend

As usual, the MRP & MWS chassis is the gift that never stops giving:

https://i.imgur.com/2Rscqcj.png

https://i.imgur.com/JFOMNWo.jpg

I have no clue about 450 Bushmaster, but I'm certainly going to learn about it.  
View Quote
Check up on .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowolf too. I know they are all slightly different but they seem to be the hottest thing lately. Not sure if one will emerge over the others?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Check up on .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowolf too. I know they are all slightly different but they seem to be the hottest thing lately. Not sure if one will emerge over the others?
View Quote
Thanks, and will do.  Not sure I have a real use for these type of calibers, but nonetheless they're cool to have as an option.  If I didn't jump on the $200 Xmas special .204 ruger barrels, I'm not sure what other caliber would ever get me to jump.  My needs have always been totally covered b/t 5.56 and 7.62 varieties up until this point.  If I hunted a bunch, I'm sure that would change real fast though.

I also appreciate your pics above showing the sandcutter.   That's the finish I want, it's like a muted chrome.   I think the shiny one's look beautiful, but I'm not sure I want that on my normally blacked out ARs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:31:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#28]
Well I just ordered a 11.5" 5.56 barrel for my NZ. I have a SBR lower for it but maybe I should form 1 the MARS
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
Well I just ordered a 11.5" 5.56 barrel from NZ. I have a SBR lower for it but maybe I should form 1 the MARS
View Quote
How much are they? Is it literally coming from NZ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#30]

How much are they? Is it literally coming from NZ?
View Quote
Haha my bad, I'm sick as a dog and didn't spell check

Meant to say *for my NZ*

Paid just over $400 going through a buddy of mine but it's directly from LMT
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Meant to say *for my NZ*

View Quote
Nice, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. That will make a great setup. Look forward to seeing it!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Im guessing the 450 is only going to work in the big chassis. I am interested because here in MI we can hunt with these and it works great for deer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jglock53:
Im guessing the 450 is only going to work in the big chassis. I am interested because here in MI we can hunt with these and it works great for deer.
View Quote
.450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowulf all use small frame AR lower receivers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks. and duh I forgot about guys that have ar platform 450s here and they are built on regular lowers. Also makes sense that the mrp has a larger ejection port already.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, it's going to be for the MRP.

Apparently a 30rd mag fits like 13rds per wiki article....

"The .450 Bushmaster is a high-pressure rifle case, thus making efficient use of heavy .452" bullets.[4] The cartridge is chambered in bolt action rifles by Ruger and Savage, AR-15 rifles, as well as an AR-15 pistol by Franklin Armory.[5]
Ballistically the round is very flat out to 200 yards; if the firearm is zeroed at 150 yards, the user can expect to see a rise of 1.8 inches at 100 yards, zero at 150 yards and a drop of 4.9 inches at 200 yards.[citation needed] The cartridge fits single-stacked in a standard AR-15 magazine with a single-stack follower. A 10-round AR-15 magazine body yields a five-round magazine, a 20-round AR-15 magazine body yields a nine-round magazine, and a 30-round body yields a 13-round magazine. Hornady and Remington both now manufacture ammunition for the rifle, and Starline manufactures empty brass for handloading. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.450_Bushmaster
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Meant to say *for my NZ*

View Quote
NICE!  Congrats.

We can count on you to give a good range report as well.   Hope you feel better.   It long been believed that MRP barrels are a cure for the common cold
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#37]

NICE!  Congrats.

We can count on you to give a good range report as well.   Hope you feel better.   It long been believed that MRP barrels are a cure for the common cold
View Quote
Haha I hope so! I have a pretty bad viral infection but a two day night vision operator course (starts tomorrow) should make me feel all better

I'll be bringing my NZ rifle and will post an AAR here on Monday!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#38]

Haha I hope so! I have a pretty bad viral infection but a two day night vision operator course (starts tomorrow) should make me feel all better

I'll be bringing my NZ rifle and will post an AAR here on Monday!
View Quote
Look forward to it, and have a blast!

FWIW...to anyone looking for a new takeoff NZ 16" barrel, there is one in the used upper section of the EE.  Not my listing, and don't know the seller in any way.  Just wish it was me buying it
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#40]
That's badass

Your setup looks like a long thought out, and well refined gear loadout.   You can't just hit the easy button with all that stuff.

My love for that specific NZ MRP grows more and more on me as time goes on.   Just looks like a true combat rifle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#41]
That's badass

Your setup looks like a long thought out, and well refined gear loadout.   You can't just hit the easy button with all that stuff.

My love for that specific NZ MRP grows more and more on me as time goes on.   Just looks like a true combat rifle.
View Quote
Thank you very much!

I agree with your comment on it looking like a true combat rifle. As much as I love my BCMs with the MLOK rail, they look and feel a bit like competition guns
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#42]
LMT love. Got the new PWS Mod 2 lower that I'm running as a pistol lower until the government opens back up and I can do a form 1 efile. Or maybe get a MARS-L lower eventually to use. The PWS Mod 2 is a nice upgrade over my Aero Precision pistol lower.

I love LMT so much. I also love KAC. But have been tempted to convert all of my factory rifles to just LMT MRP rifles. If only I could get a KAC barrel or E3 barrel extension + E3 bolt + mod 2 gas system to work in a MRP upper. Would be best of both worlds.

Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Per Chris Bartocci's videos, the enhanced BC was designed specifically for 16" and 14.5" barrels with the carbine gas system.  I've also seen it said that you wouldn't want to use it on a short barrel with carbine gas.  The bolt itself would be an improvement for any combination.
View Quote
Just to address this. IIRC when it came out, that was correct. LMT told me that it’s not a problem on their newer weapons, and sold me the E-BCG with my 300blk MLC upper
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#44]
That's a sweet looking setup!   I applaud and appreciate any ambi lower as a satan hander.  The controls on that one look well laid out.  Never seen a castle nut like that though, that's pretty interesting.

My grail AR-15 would be a LMT/KAC collaborative effort.   I'm kind of surprised this hasn't happened already considering KAC has done this in the past for example with the MAGPUL/KAC rifles.   The only difference b/t the two to me is that KAC's marketing is masterclass worthy, while LMT for years seemed to not even have a marketing strategy.   I think this is changing fast with LMT now though.

Originally Posted By AWDeity:

Just to address this. IIRC when it came out, that was correct. LMT told me that it’s not a problem on their newer weapons, and sold me the E-BCG with my 300blk MLC upper
View Quote
Thanks for clarifying that.  I remember back in the day people saying not to use them in certain rifles, however these days they say nothing of the sort on their website.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Got the 11.5" upper in today. Pardon the crappy pic:

I got a KAC trigger guard and BCM grip in the mail today as well, but both of those are giving me issues. The trigger guard is going to need some filing to fit in the MARS lower and the BCM grip's "ears" are pushed in on either side not allowing me to install it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7885/46754457012_2e2ec8ddaa_b.jpg

I got a KAC trigger guard and BCM grip in the mail today as well, but both of those are giving me issues. The trigger guard is going to need some filing to fit in the MARS lower and the BCM grip's "ears" are pushed in on either side not allowing me to install it.
View Quote
That's full of awesomeness, and it's not even a full rifle yet

Love how your building that badboy from the ground up.  I just bought a pair of new MOE + grips, and one of them won't fit right on the IWS lowers it was meant for.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Love how your building that badboy from the ground up.  I just bought a pair of new MOE + grips, and one of them won't fit right on the IWS lowers it was meant for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Thanks! It was a good thing I had two LMT lowers sitting around waiting for builds. I'm gonna have to give LMT a call next week and see if they'll let me pick up some parts from them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Seems like this thread is seeing a lot more action lately...that's awesome.  Nice setups guys.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:20:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309: Got the 11.5" upper in today. Pardon the crappy pic:

View Quote
Going to be a good setup StevieJ309!  I removed a small amount of material from the lower and hit it with alumablack to make the KAC triggerguard work.  Strangely enough, I've done the same thing to one of my KAC stripped lowers, and to a handful of Noveske lowers too.  It's a good thing lowers are aluminum since it's easier to shape with a file.

Which variant of BCM pistol grip are you installing?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:32:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StevieJ309] [#50]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Going to be a good setup StevieJ309!  I removed a small amount of material from the lower and hit it with alumablack to make the KAC triggerguard work.  Strangely enough, I've done the same thing to one of my KAC stripped lowers, and to a handful of Noveske lowers too.  It's a good thing lowers are aluminum since it's easier to shape with a file.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Originally Posted By StevieJ309: Got the 11.5" upper in today. Pardon the crappy pic:

Thanks! I can't wait to get this one finished up. It kind of sucks because the trigger guards fits perfectly into a standard Defender lower, but not the MARS I want to use. I have read about them having fitment issues with lowers before so I wasn't surprised when it happened. I'm probably just gonna take a file to the guard though as it looks to be hanging up on a very small spot.

It's the Mod 1 grip. I tried it on 3 lowers - the MARS I want to use it on, a stripped Defender lower and a Novekse that's just sitting around. Same results on all of them.
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 72 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top