BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2023 5:45:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucasd2002]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how I feel about paying $99 for an 85% plastic trigger.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MEAN_Arms] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ahrion:
Not sure how I feel about paying $99 for an 85% plastic trigger.
View Quote

That's fair - we're used to people questioning polymer as a material.  For this system, all of the important parts are steel.  And, keep in mind that many bearings are made from Nylon, which is the material used in the non-critical areas of this Fire Control Group.

MEAN Arms
https://www.meanarms.com/
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Help me understand. Polymer is used to keep cost down, but its more expensive than a metal trigger.

Does the trigger feel better than a regular milspec trigger?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PVTPablo:
Help me understand. Polymer is used to keep cost down, but its more expensive than a metal trigger.

Does the trigger feel better than a regular milspec trigger?
View Quote

I am glad these things are being posted here.  I want Mean to succeed, just like almost everyone else in this industry, and I say these things with that success in mind.  I am not a marketing guy, but let me consolidate what i have been hearing from several accelerators I have recently participated in:  

The pain point (customer problem) and benefit to the customer aren't being clearly articulated, only the features.  And features don't mean much when it comes to making a sale without explaining how they solve a pain point or offer a benefit.  Yah, its plastic.  And that costs the manufacturer less, but not the buyer, so cost isn't a benefit and isn't solving a pain point.  You haven't told us why we should pay more for your trigger than a regular-ass metal one (or even a reputable metal one).  What does that plastic trigger do for me, the buyer? Why is it better?  

Does it hit X% harder?  Have Y% shorter lock time?  Easier to install?  Have a super sweet F/S curve and break like glass?  you got some sweet testimonials?  Give us some reasons to be early adopters!  

It's your baby, you love it.  Help us to love it to.  Tell us what makes it beautiful and why we need one in every gun.  Tell us why we should embrace this plastic.  Does is do great with temperature changes?  Perhaps it resists all solvents from CLP to unicorn piss?  Will it increase my sex appeal and make my groups at 2,000 yards smaller?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

I am glad these things are being posted here.  I want Mean to succeed, just like almost everyone else in this industry, and I say these things with that success in mind.  I am not a marketing guy, but let me consolidate what i have been hearing from several accelerators I have recently participated in:  

The pain point (customer problem) and benefit to the customer aren't being clearly articulated, only the features.  And features don't mean much when it comes to making a sale without explaining how they solve a pain point or offer a benefit.  Yah, its plastic.  And that costs the manufacturer less, but not the buyer, so cost isn't a benefit and isn't solving a pain point.  You haven't told us why we should pay more for your trigger than a regular-ass metal one (or even a reputable metal one).  What does that plastic trigger do for me, the buyer? Why is it better?  

Does it hit X% harder?  Have Y% shorter lock time?  Easier to install?  Have a super sweet F/S curve and break like glass?  you got some sweet testimonials?  Give us some reasons to be early adopters!  

It's your baby, you love it.  Help us to love it to.  Tell us what makes it beautiful and why we need one in every gun.  Tell us why we should embrace this plastic.  Does is do great with temperature changes?  Perhaps it resists all solvents from CLP to unicorn piss?  Will it increase my sex appeal and make my groups at 2,000 yards smaller?
View Quote

My question expanded and articulated beautifully
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to see you guys succeed, but you've to tell me why this is better than the competition...without naming your competition.

At your price point you are directly competing with: LaRue MBT, Schmid, PSA enbloc/drop-ins, Rise Armament, among others.  Those are proven products and well-used in the shooting world.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PVTPablo:

My question expanded and articulated beautifully
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words.  I've been beat over the head with customer acquisition lately.  Repeating a tiny bit of it was the least i could do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Sub'd for morbid curiosity. Outside of the handy dandy swappable trigger shoe, I'm too dumb to identify any major benefits. In on 1 for an education.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I was able to shoot their 9mm upper receiver with this trigger in the lower at the Iraq Veteran shoot this past October. The trigger was nice with a clean break and one of the shortest resets I’ve experienced for a trigger in this price range.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fisunshine:
I was able to shoot their 9mm upper receiver with this trigger in the lower at the Iraq Veteran shoot this past October. The trigger was nice with a clean break and one of the shortest resets I’ve experienced for a trigger in this price range.
View Quote

Thanks man!

MEAN Arms
https://www.meanarms.com/
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:10:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MEAN_Arms] [#12]
[deleted]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:27:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucasd2002] [#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the idea and the design I do wish it was a bit less expensive.

I would love to see you guys work with ke arms so they could have these as an option for the kp15. It fits the theme.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#15]
Originally Posted By Lucasd2002:
Thanks for the comments and questions.  As explained above, we believe our trigger does have less grit, a shorter/crisper reset, and a cleaner break than any stock or milspec-ish trigger.
View Quote

But you’re not competing with them. They are   rolled up into the cost of a complete lower/rifle, a $30-$100 LPK, or $30-$65 a la carte.

Your price point includes the Hiperfire EDT series, Larue, ALG, and a variety of rebranded Schmid-based two-stages.

Other than the adjustable disco, which does not appeal to me, I don’t really see a compelling reason people would choose this over other similarly priced options. I’m not enamored with the pin retention method, either.

On the other hand, I’m sure it will do everything expected of a $100 trigger, and choices are good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 3:57:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting for sure
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LeeCustom:
Interesting for sure
View Quote
meh
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the trigger pull weight? Reset distance?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#19]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top