User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
That WMX200 looks sweet. Anyone have any public release info on it?

Here Joe

it says it ships immediately but I have no experience with this retailer.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

Agreed!  That is one hot piece right there!  Keep up the good work, gents.  This is my favorite thread going right now.

very nice, almost perfect just need a diff flash hider

ETA: is that a M16 lower i see there?

It could be correct if he was modeling for the Air Force SOC rifles that use Surefire Flash hiders.

Could be wrong but it looks like a colt sear block to me, still a sweet build.  Is that a 16in barrel?
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
Originally Posted By detroitchris:
My very humble contribution
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/p8060017.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/817/p8060017.jpg</a>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MORE

Agreed!  That is one hot piece right there!  Keep up the good work, gents.  This is my favorite thread going right now.

very nice, almost perfect just need a diff flash hider

ETA: is that a M16 lower i see there?

It looks larger then a sear pin. But its not quite the colt sear block. So not sure.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]

I am getting closer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 1AEGW:
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wwhite94/Faucet017.jpg

I am getting closer.

Also nice!

Question, why don't you move the ACOG forward so you can collapse the stock more, that way you can properly shoot nose to charging handle?
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:44:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1AEGW] [#6]
Yes, I like the stock at the middle 3 position on my numbered buffer tube, it just feels more comfortable. The ACOG is actually farther back than if it was on the factory TA51 mount.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#7]

I am getting closer.

Also nice!

Question, why don't you move the ACOG forward so you can collapse the stock more, that way you can properly shoot nose to charging handle?

Nose to charging handle isn't the "proper" way to shoot - Nose to charging handle is for noobs who can't remember where their stock weld is.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DocBach:

I am getting closer.

Also nice!

Nose to charging handle isn't the "proper" way to shoot - Nose to charging handle is for noobs who can't remember where their stock weld is.  

Hilarious

I like NTCH because it allows me to keep a smaller profile when doing tactical gymnastics at the monthly carbine match and etc.

Then again I'm under 6' tall so i can act tiny
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#9]

I am getting closer.

Also nice!

Or people who's last toy was an AK.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:21:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#10]

I am getting closer.

Also nice!

NTCH is good practice, period. If I'm teaching a class and someone has their head way back on the stock, I'm going to fix it.

ETA: That is one sick rifle, 1AEGW.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By detroitchris:
My very humble contribution
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/p8060017.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/817/p8060017.jpg</a>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok, Im pushing to finish my MK18 MOD1. I gotta get one of these going.......Sully
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sully3acr] [#12]
Wo!.....DP......Sorry.....Sully
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:49:26 AM EDT
[#13]
If I shoot NTCH, I anticipate the shot and flinch. It was harder for me to learn to shoot the ACOG then iron sights because of the short eye relief. Much prefer the double eye relief of the Elcan.

Here is a crappy cell phone picture of the current status of my build. I still can't find my digital camera, my daughter has hid it somewhere in the house and I've got no clue where. Added since last time is the SU-230, KAC front sling swivel, and VCAS sling (which is pretty awesome).

Also, to the guy who wanted to know what front sling swivel, Dieter CQD front sling points are also used.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#14]
NTCH is A way, not THE way.  You people are making me want to spend money.....nice weapons.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By new-arguy:
After looking at the guns in this thread, I switched mine around a little more. Put an old LMT stock I had on the gun and took the AFG off. I had three AFGs, I actually took them all off my guns yesterday.

I did this after the first month when they came out last year.

Sorry magpul, but
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
After looking at the guns in this thread, I switched mine around a little more. Put an old LMT stock I had on the gun and took the AFG off. I had three AFGs, I actually took them all off my guns yesterday.

Sorry magpul, but

KAC handstop is where it's at.  And Matty, all my parts are en route - even my RIS II!
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Sorry magpul, but

KAC handstop is where it's at.  And Matty, all my parts are en route - even my RIS II!

Oh nice! Glad it worked out for you, pics!
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:16:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m1ajunkie] [#19]
Got my rifle a little closer to spec this week.

Installed a colt 14.5" socom barrel and pinned an aac blackout (thanks RTUtah). Got some range time with it yesterday, and this makes for an extremely handy setup.

Not a perfect clone, but getting there:

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Awesome rifles! I'm green with envy over here..
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 5:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7ucky7] [#22]

Sorry magpul, but

Yeah, luckily I saw the hype wagon rolling from miles away. Instead of buying one, getting over it, and throwing it away I just didn't buy one. I'm considering buying one now though...just to throw it away. One more AFG taken out of the AR world. Part of me dies a little every time I see a block II weapon with an AFG on it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 7ucky7:

Sorry magpul, but

Yeah, luckily I saw the hype wagon rolling from miles away. Instead of buying one, getting over it, and throwing it away I just didn't buy one. I'm considering buying one now though...just to throw it away. One more AFG taken out of the AR world. Part of me dies a little every time I see a block II weapon with an AFG on it.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Sorry magpul, but

Why? I dont use them, but there are a few operators that do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I got an FDE Tngodown grip today, looks sweet! I figured it was too small of a change to take pics tho
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7ucky7] [#26]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

Sorry magpul, but

Why? I dont use them, but there are a few operators that do.

Just don't see the point..when you can shoot Costa style whether or not your using one. To me the AFG is like training wheels. If you know how to ride a bike you sure as hell aren't going to leave them on. Not to mention having a right triangle hanging off your weapon system is just awkward looking (IMO). Not trying to offend anyone but I think they're ugly as sin and only have a place in the racegun world, not in the hands of an operator.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I got an FDE Tngodown grip today, looks sweet! I figured it was too small of a change to take pics tho

the foregrip or battlegrip? I put the foregrip on my SCAR and it was so tight I had to use a hammer to get it off!
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Those of you that use the Elcan, what are your thoughts? I've currently use a Trijicon TR24 on my recce but have considered switching to the Specter. I'm interested in hearing some first hand experiences.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool optic. Nice to be able to go from 1-4x in a snap. Just heavy as hell, (the weight of 2 Acogs) which is why a lot of operators prefer their Acogs and are reluctant to switch.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#30]

the foregrip or battlegrip? I put the foregrip on my SCAR and it was so tight I had to use a hammer to get it off!

It was the hard to put on one

The issue was the extra material around the rail slide area didn't play nicely with the front of the DD ris II where the front barrel nut hangs like 5mm over the front bottom rail entrance. Weird to explain but it had to slam the rifle down like I was clearing a stuck bolt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Cool optic. Nice to be able to go from 1-4x in a snap. Just heavy as hell, (the weight of 2 Acogs) which is why a lot of operators prefer their Acogs and are reluctant to switch.

glass is ultra clear, light gathering ability is phenomenal. Weighs about an ACOG and a half, but since its mounted so far back it helps balance the rifle out, especially if you got other CDI stuff like a PEQ15 and white light on your rail.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RussellAthletic:
Those of you that use the Elcan, what are your thoughts? I've currently use a Trijicon TR24 on my recce but have considered switching to the Specter. I'm interested in hearing some first hand experiences.

I love mine, very clear and very durable.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Would anyone think it would be foolish to swap my TR24 for a SU230? The weight should be very similar as should the capabilities. I think I would prefer the Elcan reticle over the Trijicon. Plus it would look so damn cool on my FDE recce.

Last question, where could I acquire a Gen 3 Dark Earth optic and what can I expect to pay?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#34]
If you are not military, average going price I've seen is around $2250. Military pricing is a lot less, but word is there are very limited numbers left at Elcan.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Would anyone think it would be foolish to swap my TR24 for a SU230? The weight should be very similar as should the capabilities. I think I would prefer the Elcan reticle over the Trijicon. Plus it would look so damn cool on my FDE recce.

Last question, where could I acquire a Gen 3 Dark Earth optic and what can I expect to pay?

Mine was little less than $1700, but then again I'm .mil. One thing to note too is that the FDE and Black models both have different reticles, the FDE is very similar to an ACOG, but with red dot in the center, while the Black has circles on it with different range markings.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amuroray] [#36]
What about we do a group buy via a trusted .mil member as long as it is legal?

I would pay extra as a commission fee.

What do u guys gals think?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#37]
They're kind of weird when you buy more then one. They are really big on emphasizing that you are only suppose to resell the item to other military members. I bought three at one time (one for me, my brother in law, and a buddy) and I had to convince the sales rep that they were all for one of my "teams" . I didn't have to sign any NDA or any sort of agreement saying I wouldn't sell or provide any of the optics to civilians though, so even though its manufacturer's preference that they are only in .mil hands, there isn't any law saying you can't own them.

If you guys want to organize something like that, get it approved by the site staff first, but make it quick because they are very close to running out of Gen IIIs and once they are gone the only source will be the guy selling them on ebay for $2900.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:29:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amuroray] [#38]
DocBach, check it out how many Elcan you can get first (in stock from the dealer). Then we can go from there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I just called Kerif, they don't stock them directly - they get them from Elcan up in Canada. Ken said that Elcan has "maybe 50 left".
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I just called Kerif, they don't stock them directly - they get them from Elcan up in Canada. Ken said that Elcan has "maybe 50 left".

Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By damcv62:

Interesting.

Are they not making anymore?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:13:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#42]
They way that I understand it, was they made a bunch of SU-230s when the SCAR Mk 16 was planned, but when it was cancelled SOCOM cancelled the SU-230 order in favor for more 7.62 calibrated SU-230As for the Mk 17 SCAR, and the overrun of 5.56 SU-230 sights were sold by Elcan through Armament Tech to US service members. From what I've been told, the overrun from that contract is almost depleted, and unless USSOCOM orders more, there won't be any made again. In fact, even if there are more made, chances are they won't have an overrun again, so they won't be available to private buyers, sort of like the SU-230A is now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Soooo, guess who got their Block II put together tonight...

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#44]

pics or it didnt happen

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:

pics or it didnt happen

Aight you bastards.

Specs:

- BCM 14.5" mid-length with a shimmed / pinned KAC NT4
- NoDak Spud 16A1 lower
- Aimpoint CompM
- DD RIS II FDE
- DD Mk12 gas manifold
- DD QD sling socket
- KAC hand-stop
- Vicker's padded sling w/ QD swivels
- full-auto BCG

Forthcoming:

- backup irons
- Insight M3X
- LaserLyte K-15 visible laser (heard mixed reviews but I've got a line on a used unit for a good price, and the original owner has assured me that it works as it should)
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#46]
FINALLY

Looks good
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#47]
FINALLY

Looks good

Better pics once I get the rest of my accessories.  Question: Is it worth getting the dual pressure pad if I'm only gonna be running the light?  I was hoping the K-15 jack would fit the dual pressure pad but Augee tells me they're different sizes.  And since the K-15 tape-switch is a piece of shit, I'm just gonna run it without.  So I guess my second question is how are you guys situating the M3X tape-switch on your rails WITHOUT using a VFG?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#48]
FINALLY

Looks good

Better pics once I get the rest of my accessories.  Question: Is it worth getting the dual pressure pad if I'm only gonna be running the light?  I was hoping the K-15 jack would fit the dual pressure pad but Augee tells me they're different sizes.  And since the K-15 tape-switch is a piece of shit, I'm just gonna run it without.  So I guess my second question is how are you guys situating the M3X tape-switch on your rails WITHOUT using a VFG?

My favorite place to put the tapeswitch when not using the RMT dual switch is tucked in between the 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock rails, at about the "10:30" position.  I don't know about the K-15 switch, but the Insight switch on a KAC RAS tucks in there nice and snuggly, and is very low profile and low snag, but also very positive activation.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Augee:
FINALLY

Looks good

My favorite place to put the tapeswitch when not using the RMT dual switch is tucked in between the 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock rails, at about the "10:30" position.  I don't know about the K-15 switch, but the Insight switch on a KAC RAS tucks in there nice and snuggly, and is very low profile and low snag, but also very positive activation.  

~Augee

Aug, that's exactly how I had my other tape-switch mounted.  It slid up under my KAC covers snugly and worked well but these DD ladder covers don't offer that little "pocket".  I might hafta use some KAC covers on these rails.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#50]
To all interested, we are trying to get together a small group buy on Elcan Specter DRs. No promises or anything set in stone, just let it be known that some ideas are floating around and in the works.
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top