Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

You searching DBAL A2? That’s most likely the one you were issued. I believe Steiner makes FP A3’s and A4’s as well, but the grey A2s are most of what I’ve seen on issued guns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Originally Posted By grantw12:

My question still stands...where did he get it!?

Full power stuff really isn’t all that hard to get ahold of.

Got a link/source?

I’ve seen quite a few on tacswap. I haven’t  been on there in a while tho

ETA yep they’re still on there

Forgot about that place. Not a member so I don't think about it.

They must've changed/updated them during production as there are some slight differences to the one I had.

You searching DBAL A2? That’s most likely the one you were issued. I believe Steiner makes FP A3’s and A4’s as well, but the grey A2s are most of what I’ve seen on issued guns

Yes, A2. The fire button was a rectangle that was just some silicone with a nub in the middle. I did see one similar but the pic looks black, could just be the lighting. All of the others have a round, raised button with a protective ring around them. I don't remember who made mine but I want to say it was L3, but this was also 12 years ago when I got it and had been in the unit before me so who knows how old it was.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tactical_Bucket] [#5]
Disregard
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:
Disregard
View Quote

Gonna @ me then delete your post?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Disregard

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#8]

HAHA
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Cause he doesn't know what he's talking about lol
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: a390st] [#10]
I've seen a lot of coyote tan stocks in this picture thread, but would the more correct issued stock be the black Sopmod Gen 1, or would tan be just as appropriate?  I'm not 100% clear on that because searching for images of Block II guns seems to show a little of everything.

ETA, after searching more, it looks like some folks are using the B5 Gen 1 stock as being correct.  I guess it would be something different than black.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I have read and seen. Black or LMT tan would be actual correct.  B5 Coyote is similar and close enough. For some
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By a390st:
I've seen a lot of coyote tan stocks in this picture thread, but would the more correct issued stock be the black Sopmod Gen 1, or would tan be just as appropriate?  I'm not 100% clear on that because searching for images of Block II guns seems to show a little of everything.

ETA, after searching more, it looks like some folks are using the B5 Gen 1 stock as being correct.  I guess it would be something different than black.
View Quote
Black and Tan gen1 lmts have been issued. Black b5 has been issued. Everything else been seen itw.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#13]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Black and Tan gen1 lmts have been issued. Black b5 has been issued. Everything else been seen itw.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By a390st:

The whole issued verse seen in the wild blurs the lines that issued seems to be more a guide line.🤷‍♂️
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

haha posted a link to something I thought you wanted but realized I misunderstood you
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

The whole issued verse seen in the wild blurs the lines that issued seems to be more a guide line.
View Quote
I mean we know what gets issued with these rifles but we also know how easy it is to change a stock.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#16]
Black and Tan gen1 lmts have been issued. Black b5 has been issued.
View Quote

Anyone know if the Tan Lmt gen2 has ever been issued? I’ve seen them in multiple photos.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

Anyone know if the Tan Lmt gen2 has ever been issued? I’ve seen them in multiple photos.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/AB26D5AB-237C-41B2-96FA-8CACD3DA807E_png-2197846.JPG

View Quote

Looks like a gen1 with qd cup installed. Hard to tell from pic
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:43:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#18]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Looks like a gen1 with qd cup installed. Hard to tell from pic
View Quote

Yeah maybe but it looks a lot like my Lmt Gen 2 with the silver ring on the right side of the stock
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Not issued as part of the block II program to my knowledge. Looks like probably a private purchase.

they are issued on CAGs 416s
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Not issued as part of the block II program to my knowledge. Looks like probably a private purchase.

they are issued on CAGs 416s
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greentips556] [#21]
I hardly do anything but browse around here, and I'm not sure if this is really the place for it, but I have a BNIB RIS II FSP FDE, still wrapped up in the plastic. I started leaning more towards a non-FSP build recently, so I was wondering if any cloners that went the other way with a similarly new non-FSP rail would want to trade? I'm not opposed to selling on the EE or GAFS, but this place has been so helpful in finding information I felt it best to ask here first.

EDIT: Just exchanged it with DD, disregard.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone have an early surplus non-FSP M4A1 RIS II they would consider trading for an early surplus Mk18 RIS II? If so, e-mail me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 4:34:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bman2k] [#23]
For those running Elcans with the FSP block II, does the front sight bother you especially on 1x? I'm debating to build a non-FSP vs FSP block II.
I know the correct answer is to get both but I can only do one right now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Bman2k:
For those running Elcans with the FSP block II, does the front sight bother you especially on 1x? I'm debating to build a non-FSP vs FSP block II.
I know the correct answer is to get both but I can only do one right now.
View Quote

It was a non-issue for me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#25]

haha posted a link to something I thought you wanted but realized I misunderstood you
View All Quotes

No biggie, just ragging on you. I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway, since NV is a rabbit hole I'm not sure I want to venture into right now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#26]

No biggie, just ragging on you. I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway, since NV is a rabbit hole I'm not sure I want to venture into right now.
View Quote

No reason not to go down that rabbit hole, I wish I would have done it sooner myself.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

No reason not to go down that rabbit hole, I wish I would have done it sooner myself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

I'm very aware that's how it'll be for me. The flip side to that is the .mil made NOD usage such a painful experience that I don't really wish to revisit it. I'm not a hunter and I really don't have a place to shoot at in the dark. if I still lived in CO where I spent a lot of time wandering around the mountains, I'd be more likely to get into it. If anything, I'd like to get into thermal.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#28]

I'm very aware that's how it'll be for me. The flip side to that is the .mil made NOD usage such a painful experience that I don't really wish to revisit it. I'm not a hunter and I really don't have a place to shoot at in the dark. if I still lived in CO where I spent a lot of time wandering around the mountains, I'd be more likely to get into it. If anything, I'd like to get into thermal.
View Quote
You mean like your pvs14s being absolutely dog shit cand scratch up beyond belief and being able to see better with out them but then get yelled at by your CO cause they arnt down? Like that? Lol
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:56:53 AM EDT
[#29]
You mean like your pvs14s being absolutely dog shit cand scratch up beyond belief and being able to see better with out them but then get yelled at by your CO cause they arnt down? Like that? Lol
View All Quotes

Pretty much. Ours performed well, but it was still a bitch. We were required to have them on us when out on mission (I'm behind this 100%). If we were going to be on the road and dusk is approaching, we were required to have them mounted. There's already a limited amount of headroom in these damn vehicles and that made it worse. And I hated how screwed up my vision would be after having only 1 eye under NODs. The old PVS-7s reaaalllllly sucked balls with their shitty mounting solutions.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Pardon me if this question was already answered but I have an OEM2 upper with the shaved gas block. Will the RIS II fit?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:39:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wally05] [#31]
Pardon me if this question was already answered but I have an OEM2 upper with the shaved gas block. Will the RIS II fit?

Thanks
View Quote

@bman2k

Yes, actually, a lot of surplussed block II uppers that Thoroughbred armament was selling had that same setup with govt profile barrels.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By wally05:

@bman2k

Yes, actually, a lot of surplussed block II uppers that Thoroughbred armament was selling had that same setup with govt profile barrels.
View Quote

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Can y'all dump some pictures of Block IIs (clones or issued rifles) using Aimpoint T1s/T2s as their primary optic? From what I understand, some in the 75th Ranger Regiment have adopted this setup since the EOTech fiasco, but I don't see too many builds or "in the wild" pics out there.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:45:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By greentips556:
Can y'all dump some pictures of Block IIs (clones or issued rifles) using Aimpoint T1s/T2s as their primary optic? From what I understand, some in the 75th Ranger Regiment have adopted this setup since the EOTech fiasco, but I don't see too many builds or "in the wild" pics out there.
View Quote

Couple of pics I found and saved.  There are a lot out there
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:56:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bman2k] [#35]
Hi again guys.

Will the Surefire 4 prong be long enough for an OAL of 16" if pinned and welded to a 14.5"?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Hi again guys.

Will the Surefire 4 prong be long enough for an OAL of 16" if pinned and welded to a 14.5"?

Thanks
View Quote

Geissele offered a URGI with a 4P pin and weld, so I’m nearly positive it will be 16.x.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:35:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Hi again guys.

Thanks
View Quote

Yes, a standard A2 birdcage is .25" or so too short.  4P P&W are GTG on a 14.5".

CD

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:42:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bman2k] [#38]
Thanks CD. Do you know the OAL for the 4 prong plus 14.5" pin and weld if you don't mind. I don't want to SBR my rifle yet.

I want to know if I need to cut my barrel less than 14.5" plus the 4P to meet the 16" OAL.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:10:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#39]
Thanks CD. Do you know the OAL for the 4 prong plus 14.5" pin and weld if you don't mind. I don't want to SBR my rifle yet.

I want to know if I need to cut my barrel less than 14.5" plus the 4P to meet the 16" OAL.
View Quote

Don't have a upper here in the shop at the moment.  But won't be clone correct if going shorter.
(older pic with 14.5" and 4P)
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Don't have a upper here in the shop at the moment.  But won't be clone correct if going shorter.
(older pic with 14.5" and 4P)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7641_jpg-2200835.JPG

CD
View Quote

Thanks CD. I'll just have it cut to 14.5" then and P/W the 4p since I'm getting a suppressor down the road and I just want to meet the 16" OAL or more just to be safe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Another Razor
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By greentips556:
View Quote

Correct, Ranger Regiment has been issuing T2s for awhile now. I don’t know if you are on Social media, but a lot of the Ranger Regiment ran pages have/had pics of Rangers with T2s on their gats.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#43]
With the cqd endplate and rail mount, does the sling hook to the same side on both front and rear (right side of rail for front, and right side of endplate—im lefty).  Or do you criss cross it (front right, left rear)?  Always ran just a qd endplate with swivels where it’s in the middle.  Since switching to cqd and hk hooks, having a little bit of trouble getting a good fit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice, thanks for posting some. I don’t know why, I really like the silhouette of the T2 on a non-FSP Block II, and it is good to see some actual units making use of the same build. I will be building mine accordingly, though I will probably end up throwing the T2 onto another gun once I get an Elcan Specter in my life.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the tip, I have Instagram so I’ll go digging and see what I can find.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:27:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
https://i.imgur.com/LeIQu6r.jpg
View Quote
Love it dude!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:53:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I just installed a PRI gas buster.  This thing is very hard to rack.  Is this normal?  With a colt or Bcm ch, it racks smooth as butter.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:
I just installed a PRI gas buster.  This thing is very hard to rack.  Is this normal?  With a colt or Bcm ch, it racks smooth as butter.
View Quote

Should be just as smooth.  Sounds like it may have a bend in it.  I would contact PRI.

CD
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:
View Quote

I had this same issue where the bottom sides (where it flares down) of the PRI charging handle was digging into the lower receiver (the top of the buffer tube area of the lower).  I guess it depends on how the upper and lower fit.  I took it off and went back to milspec charging handle.
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top