Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 907
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Originally Posted By KJB:

Most of the "real" ones I have seen had the black KAC front sight or none at all.

The more photos I see of these rifles in the field, the less I see them with back-up irons.

It has been a trend not only on these rifles but on regular issue rifles with acogs to not utilize any buis. Most often with five optic tritium sights.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 4:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stickman] [#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 4:28:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonconsiglio] [#3]
Since getting my mk18, I've really come to appreciate the RIS II. So now I'm either doing a 14.5" m4a1 type upper or just replacing a rail with the 12" RIS II. Does anyone know if one will fit on a KAC sr15 since it has an inch longer than mid length gas system?  It seems like it would and I'd really like to replace the URX II after breaking a front sight and bending another. Thanks for any help.

Jon
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
KJB,

Are all the rifles you have pictured 16" barrels?

I am thinking my rifle is going to turn out just like yours with the black sopmod, except I will be using the FSP version of the rail. If I can find a 14.5" socom barrel I'll go with that but for now it looks like 16" is it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 5:14:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KJB] [#5]
Originally Posted By m1ajunkie:
KJB,

Are all the rifles you have pictured 16" barrels?

I am thinking my rifle is going to turn out just like yours with the black sopmod, except I will be using the FSP version of the rail. If I can find a 14.5" socom barrel I'll go with that but for now it looks like 16" is it.

Yep, all 16 inch carbine uppers.

I actually prefer the FSP model.  I also have an all Daniel Defense 16" M4 carbine that has the earlier 2007 vintage RIS II FSP in black.  That and my DD/BCM 16" carbine with the FDE RIS II FSB pictured (middle above) are my favorite carbines and see the most use.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 7:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KrazyL] [#6]
can anyone give me the length and height of their upper? I'm trying to figure out if I can cram a taken down block II in a pelican 1520. I order the RIS II friday.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KrazyL:
can anyone give me the length and height of their upper? I'm trying to figure out if I can cram a taken down block II in a pelican 1520. I order the RIS II friday.....

16 or 14.5
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 7:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KrazyL] [#8]
either. i can always add or subtract that extra inch and a half,

thanks

edit:engrish....
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 5:46:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: new-arguy] [#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#10]
If anyone wants an insight su m3x tan block II light new in box this eBay seller has one left for $210 shipped. I picked one up. That's 90 off retail

Clicky here
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I got one too. And I have a TD (insight) VFG coming. Now all I need is an Elcan Specter

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
If anyone wants an insight su m3x tan block II light new in box this eBay seller has one left for $210 shipped. I picked one up. That's 90 off retail

Clicky here

Thanks for the link! I snatched that sucker up! My next build is going to be a Block II clone; I already got the ACOG TA31ECOS, and now this light. Just need to get the rifle to put it all on.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 3:45:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Hell, I started the Mk12 Part II thread; one SPR is enough for me!

And FU, Stick.

Just so there are no hard feelings... there is a RIS II or two in there.... and some other stuff.  

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/Stck_5555-1024-Stick.jpg

Stickman and Mattyvac,

Curse you both for tempting me into choosing self over my children when it comes to spending my combat pay.  You are the proverbial serpents in the garden.  That said, save one of those RIS II's for me!  There goes the kids college money!

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ShortyB:
Guess I can't play with the cool kids.

Were not being mean to you bro, but this is a clone thread not an almost kinda sorta thread.

Yeah, but yours still didn't have the right VBL or optic.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By 1AEGW:

That thread cost me a lot of money, I don't go in there anymore.

It's pretty damn funny how that works.  I forget which page it was on, but somebody commented how the various Mk12 venders' sales must have shot through the roof simply because of that thread.

Now here's one that'll make your head hurt.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9265/ddm4risiifsp.jpg
Is he using the new stealth ACOG model?

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#16]
A few pics of mine. It has the FDE rail but its actually a BCM 16in middy. So its not an exact copy. I ordered the insight M3X from Opticsplanet last night. Of course they dont tell you its out of stock until after you order, I was about to cancel out of spite but I wont be home for awhile so I can wait. The aimpoint and mount will be replaced (sold) once I get home for a tan 553. I love this rifle and will even more with the 553.

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Airborne_Infantryman:

Clicky here

Thanks for the link! I snatched that sucker up! My next build is going to be a Block II clone; I already got the ACOG TA31ECOS, and now this light. Just need to get the rifle to put it all on.

So you're building it backwards ?

Originally Posted By knightone:
Originally Posted By ShortyB:
Guess I can't play with the cool kids.

Were not being mean to you bro, but this is a clone thread not an almost kinda sorta thread.

Yeah, but yours still didn't have the right VBL or optic.  

I have the insight m3x coming now, and personally owned optics are allowed in country

So HA
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 3XIraqvet:
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Hell, I started the Mk12 Part II thread; one SPR is enough for me!

And FU, Stick.

Just so there are no hard feelings... there is a RIS II or two in there.... and some other stuff.  

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/Stck_5555-1024-Stick.jpg

Stickman and Mattyvac,

Curse you both for tempting me into choosing self over my children when it comes to spending my combat pay.  You are the proverbial serpents in the garden.  That said, save one of those RIS II's for me!  There goes the kids college money!

Buy your RIS II from midwayUSA and use their $30 off $300 coupon code, it brings the rail down to like $320 shipped. You're welcome.

Oh, and this is an investment too
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#19]
...and personally owned optics are allowed in country

So HA

Well I ain't trading my Aimpoint for any EOTech and I sure as hell ain't got $2k to throw at an Elcan, so I'm keeping my Aimpoint for this build.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]

I have the insight m3x coming now, and personally owned optics are allowed in country

So HA

If that is the standard, then really only the RIS II is necessary since that is the only armorer necessitated part of the package.  Everything else could be replaced by individual or unit standards or needs.  So, therefore, any rifle with an RIS II can be posted in this thread.  ;)
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 6:39:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#21]
Originally Posted By knightone:

So HA

If that is the standard, then really only the RIS II is necessary since that is the only armorer necessitated part of the package.  Everything else could be replaced by individual or unit standards or needs.  So, therefore, any rifle with an RIS II can be posted in this thread.  ;)

False logic. A clone thread involves using only parts which are AVAILABLE THROUGH the military procurement program. Not every single personally owned piece.

Certain teams are able to procure aim points via their armorer, including t1s.

MOE trigger guards, CTR stocks, expanded trigger guards and etc are all not available like that.

The base clone itself should be to spec with mil only parts with NSN numbers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#23]
stop chatting and more pics please
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm actually re-thinking using an FDE SOPMOD on here....I haven't seen any used on real rifles, only black ones....

What do you guys think.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I have been unable to find a NSN for a tan SOPMOD, I think most of the SOPMOD's you see that aren't black have been painted at some point (on on the issue rifles) I plan on using a black SOPMOD on my build and possibly painting it if bothers me too much.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 9:41:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#26]
Originally Posted By rbhoover:
I have been unable to find a NSN for a tan SOPMOD, I think most of the SOPMOD's you see that aren't black have been painted at some point (on on the issue rifles) I plan on using a black SOPMOD on my build and possibly painting it if bothers me too much.

I did however find this, I know it's an mk18 but that there is an FDE sopmod

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I am not saying that they aren't out there or that it couldn't have been swapped on... I was just stating that I have been unable to find a NSN for a tan SOPMOD, both the LMT and B5 stocks are black that I have seen, although that doesn't mean much it just means that they aren't readily available to everyday soldiers!
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
This NSN thing is overblown.  My black RIS II has an NSN.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RangerJoe11:
A few pics of mine. It has the FDE rail but its actually a BCM 16in middy. So its not an exact copy. I ordered the insight M3X from Opticsplanet last night. Of course they dont tell you its out of stock until after you order, I was about to cancel out of spite but I wont be home for awhile so I can wait. The aimpoint and mount will be replaced (sold) once I get home for a tan 553. I love this rifle and will even more with the 553.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p411/sjopling/AR001-1.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p411/sjopling/AR004-1.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p411/sjopling/AR005-1.jpg

I just got my tan 553 from Cheaper Than Dirt, $632 to my door.  I love it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#30]

My sentiments as well. Just because something has an NSN doesn't mean that it gets put on our weapons. Likewise, just because something might not have an NSN doesn't mean that it doesn't get put on our weapons. That just means that that particular item wasn't purchased through the standard chain.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Will816:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/Will816/P7160389.jpg

Nice, got pics of the entire rifle?
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

My sentiments as well. Just because something has an NSN doesn't mean that it gets put on our weapons. Likewise, just because something might not have an NSN doesn't mean that it doesn't get put on our weapons. That just means that that particular item wasn't purchased through the standard chain.

This thread just should not get confused with a generic "post pictures of your m4 with a rifle length rail or generic Daniel defense rail". That's all some of us are getting it. We know what can be done to the weapons, but the purpose of this thread is to see the specifically modded or mod version of the rifle inquestion, not a "my interpretation with non NSN parts all over the place"
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Will816:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/Will816/P7160389.jpg

Nice, got pics of the entire rifle?

Yeah, these are repeats though.  I have quite a few more if you look back through the pages of this thread

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

This thread just should not get confused with a generic "post pictures of your m4 with a rifle length rail or generic Daniel defense rail". That's all some of us are getting it. We know what can be done to the weapons, but the purpose of this thread is to see the specifically modded or mod version of the rifle inquestion, not a "my interpretation with non NSN parts all over the place"

+1

There are plenty of other pic threads for those rifles, like the Recce thread.

I built my rifle from the ground up to be a clone.  The only liberties I took was the BattleComp and Magpul trigger guard, everything else I have seen on issued weapons (not implying it's issued gear, like my Troy sights, I have seen them as personally owned equipment on an issued weapon).  I recently discovered the "gapper" so I might go back to the standard trigger guard since that was the only reason I got the Magpul piece.  The BattleComp, well, so sue me.  I love it.  It's not permanent so I can always go back within minutes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:16:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#35]
Great thread, been a while since I'd been in here so I missed it when it started.  

A couple of notes:

A lot of people have brought up some interesting points about some of the accessories available and being used on M4A1 carbines in SOCOM.  

For starters "M4A1 SOPMOD Block II" is really kind of a misnomer, it's like the dreaded "MK18 Mod 1" to refer to an M4A1 CQBR with a Block 2 RIS.  

The SOPMOD program/kit was not conceived of as a weapon system, rather, a SOPMOD kit was meant to be issued to a squad, not to an individual.  The SOPMOD kit is a set of accessories.  Not all are always, or even often used.  A "SOPMOD Clone" is a box full of various optics and accessories.  The SOPMOD program has been around since the mid/late-1990s, before Afghanistan and Iraq.  

In the decade and a half since the SOPMOD kit was introduced quite a lot of real operational experience has been gained, and a lot of people have developed preferences as well.  Understand that SOCOM is not a monolithic organization.  The individual elements are not funded the same way and equipment is not necessarily procured and funded the same way, nor do they all get exactly the same latitude with their weapons.  

In the wild, there's a lot of variation in what you can find, including, but not limited to older increment SOPMOD equipment, unit purchased items, and individually owned items.  Individual weapons are set up based on end user preference, and what items are preferred/available, and what the end user feels is worth their time and money to buy for themselves (a lot, most even, are not "gun guys" and are not going to worry themselves buying a MagPul stock to replace the CAR stock that came on the 1996-vintage "COLT'S MFG" marked M4A1 that's had six paint jobs and four barrel changes).  

The SOPMOD kit, even during Increment 1 went through a lot of changes, and some of the items being mentioned here like the SU237/PVS are actually Increment 1 Phased Replacements, not Increment 2 items.  

Early SOPMOD kit

SOPMOD Block 1

Note in the first picture the Insight VBL, replaced by the second picture, the Surefire M962C VBL II as well as the addition of the Aimpoint CompM (followed by the CompM2) as the ECOS-N.  

Here are the Block 1 Phased Replacement items- also a part of the Phased Replacement program, though not clearly stated was the replacement of the KAC VFG with the Tango Down FDE BVG-ITI, and the KAC rail panels with Tango Down FDE rail panels.

This photograph shows some of the Block 2 items, as well as the Block 1 Phased Replacement items.

A lot more information about the SOPMOD programs and the Phased Replacement can be found on these two Power Points:

SOPMOD Program Overview 19 May 2005 - NDIA

USSOCOM SOPMOD Miniature Day/Night Sight Development Program 8 May 2007

Also, it would appear that the Taupe SOPMOD stock is being procured and issued, in the Gen. 1 (no QD socket) version.  

Documentation in the "wild":

(Bonus points for identifying the rail system in the rifle in the foreground )

Also, not sure if it's been really noticed, but for those of you that want to make really really accurate clones, in addition to the PRI GasBuster charging handle, on many M4A1s and M4A1 CQBRs, Crane installs an extended latch charging handle and ambidextrous selector, they're visible in the Power Points above, and you can see them in this photo:

It's a pretty minor and small detail, however they're most consistently seen on 75 Ranger Regiment M4A1s (at least by me).  

It's actually the same extended latch sold by, of all companies, Model1 Sales and M&A Parts:

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=418

(Second from the right)

And of course, some of my own photos of my issued weapon from my last overseas vacation:

Early iteration with TA01NSN/TRD

Added the SU230/PVS and gave the CTR stock a try.  

More or less in its "final" configuration - I switched back and forth between the SU230 and SU231 as needed, but used both.  Did settle on the SOPMOD stock, though.  It's nice being an enthusiast and having lots of things "lying around" to try out.  

The carbine is a standard M4, not an M4A1, so I guess you could call it a "clone"... I am not "special" anything... one guess as to what my primary MOS is.  I was, occasionally, fortunate enough to do P90X with some special folks.  One of my job titles was "LNO."  

Will post some newer photos of my personally owned stuff- just got my digital camera back.  No DD RIS IIs, I'm afraid, but SU231 and SU230 porn galore.  I managed to smash the lens of the Doctor at some point along the way, so the hood is bent, and the glass cracked, but the MRD still works.

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Augee:
Great thread, been a while since I'd been in here so I missed it when it started.  

A couple of notes:

A lot of people have brought up some interesting points about some of the accessories available and being used on M4A1 carbines in SOCOM.  

For starters "M4A1 SOPMOD Block II" is really kind of a misnomer, it's like the dreaded "MK18 Mod 1" to refer to an M4A1 CQBR with a Block 2 RIS.  

The SOPMOD program/kit was not conceived of as a weapon system, rather, a SOPMOD kit was meant to be issued to a squad, not to an individual.  The SOPMOD kit is a set of accessories.  Not all are always, or even often used.  A "SOPMOD Clone" is a box full of various optics and accessories.  The SOPMOD program has been around since the mid/late-1990s, before Afghanistan and Iraq.  

In the decade and a half since the SOPMOD kit was introduced quite a lot of real operational experience has been gained, and a lot of people have developed preferences as well.  Understand that SOCOM is not a monolithic organization.  The individual elements are not funded the same way and equipment is not necessarily procured and funded the same way, nor do they all get exactly the same latitude with their weapons.  

In the wild, there's a lot of variation in what you can find, including, but not limited to older increment SOPMOD equipment, unit purchased items, and individually owned items.  Individual weapons are set up based on end user preference, and what items are preferred/available, and what the end user feels is worth their time and money to buy for themselves (a lot, most even, are not "gun guys" and are not going to worry themselves buying a MagPul stock to replace the CAR stock that came on the 1996-vintage "COLT'S MFG" marked M4A1 that's had six paint jobs and four barrel changes).  

The SOPMOD kit, even during Increment 1 went through a lot of changes, and some of the items being mentioned here like the SU237/PVS are actually Increment 1 Phased Replacements, not Increment 2 items.  

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/m4a-sopmod.gif

Early SOPMOD kit

http://www.gunslot.com/files/gunslot/images/56517.jpg

SOPMOD Block 1

Note in the first picture the Insight VBL, replaced by the second picture, the Surefire M962C VBL II as well as the addition of the Aimpoint CompM (followed by the CompM2) as the ECOS-N.  

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7389/spmdb2fb1.jpg

Here are the Block 1 Phased Replacement items- also a part of the Phased Replacement program, though not clearly stated was the replacement of the KAC VFG with the Tango Down FDE BVG-ITI, and the KAC rail panels with Tango Down FDE rail panels.

http://www.gunsight.ru/articles/1_006/sopmod_block2.jpg

This photograph shows some of the Block 2 items, as well as the Block 1 Phased Replacement items.

A lot more information about the SOPMOD programs and the Phased Replacement can be found on these two Power Points:

SOPMOD Program Overview 19 May 2005 - NDIA

USSOCOM SOPMOD Miniature Day/Night Sight Development Program 8 May 2007

Also, it would appear that the Taupe SOPMOD stock is being procured and issued, in the Gen. 1 (no QD socket) version.  

Documentation in the "wild":

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/marsoc/marsoc-marine-hires.jpg

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/special-forces/7th-special-forces-hires.jpg

(Bonus points for identifying the rail system in the rifle in the foreground )

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/special-forces/special-forces-hostage-rescue-hr.jpg

Also, not sure if it's been really noticed, but for those of you that want to make really really accurate clones, in addition to the PRI GasBuster charging handle, on many M4A1s and M4A1 CQBRs, Crane installs an extended latch charging handle and ambidextrous selector, they're visible in the Power Points above, and you can see them in this photo:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/CRANECH.jpg

It's a pretty minor and small detail, however they're most consistently seen on 75 Ranger Regiment M4A1s (at least by me).  

It's actually the same extended latch sold by, of all companies, Model1 Sales and M&A Parts:

http://www.model1sales.com/images/products/chrghandle.gif

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=418

(Second from the right)

And of course, some of my own photos of my issued weapon from my last overseas vacation:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01125.jpg

Early iteration with TA01NSN/TRD

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01426.jpg

Added the SU230/PVS and gave the CTR stock a try.  

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01438.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01500-1.jpg

More or less in its "final" configuration - I switched back and forth between the SU230 and SU231 as needed, but used both.  Did settle on the SOPMOD stock, though.  It's nice being an enthusiast and having lots of things "lying around" to try out.  

The carbine is a standard M4, not an M4A1, so I guess you could call it a "clone"... I am not "special" anything... one guess as to what my primary MOS is.  I was, occasionally, fortunate enough to do P90X with some special folks.  One of my job titles was "LNO."  

Will post some newer photos of my personally owned stuff- just got my digital camera back.  No DD RIS IIs, I'm afraid, but SU231 and SU230 porn galore.  I managed to smash the lens of the Doctor at some point along the way, so the hood is bent, and the glass cracked, but the MRD still works.

~Augee

Thanks for both your input and your service.  I think everything you covered fits into what could be acceptable for this thread.  In reference to the "Block 2" validity, I think it can be described similarly to pornography: hard to define, but you know it when you see it.  Whether or not Block 2 is finalized, it does have a known look that we are going for in this thread.

I think the biggest complaint in this thread is someone putting an "almost Block 2" picture up.  I don't care about their Larue/Troy/Brand XYZ free float rail with billet receivers.  We want this thread to be full of pics from "the wild" as you put it, and pics of our best attempts at replicating it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow! Extremely informative post! The OP should be updated with that...

Thanks for your service and knowledge!
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#38]
What's with the silly little cowboy hat?
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By scoutfsu99:

I always giggle when the Cav guys (mainly the officers) catch a ride and carry their silly cowboy hats with them.... I even offered to ratchet strap it down for them but they said no!
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Reworked my colt 6920 tonight with a DD RIS II rail to start turning my rifle into a block II(ish) clone. This is the first time I have taken apart and reassembled an upper with taper pins, so I am hoping all runs as well as it did prior to installing the rail. I torqued the barrel nut to 50 ft lbs.

I am missing a few parts I am planning pick up in the coming months. Planning to get a kac 600m sight along with a larue acog mount. I bought a 14.5" colt socom barrel I am debating installing once I get the flash hider permanently installed.

Can't wait to get out and shoot this on sunday night:
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#41]

MDH-1588 by Highway0311, on Flickr

Newarguy, Neil at a Magpul Class.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:10:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Omega-cog] [#42]

MDH-1678 by Highway0311, on Flickr

MDH-1625 by Highway0311, on Flickr

MDH-1680 by Highway0311, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Tan SOPMOD butt stock NSN: 1005-01-575-0756
Black SOPMOD butt stock NSN: 1005-01-544-9825
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By scoutfsu99:

I always giggle when the Cav guys (mainly the officers) catch a ride and carry their silly cowboy hats with them.... I even offered to ratchet strap it down for them but they said no!

HA!  I was waiting to catch a ride when that photo was snapped.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#46]
I agree - Augee's post should be edited into the OP.  Good show, Aug.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#47]

fresh meat...everything is so clean and new.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:58:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#48]
Got some new photos snapped of my M4A1 "clone"

Specs:

Colt LE6920 lower (SBR)
Colt RO921HB upper with KAC NT4QD mount permanently pinned by Marvin Pitts

KAC M4 RAS
Crane early contract SOPMOD buttstock
CQD rear sling mount
BAD-ASS ambi-selector - standard/short-thin
Norgon ambi-mag-catch
PRI M84 Gasbuster charging handle
Garmin Foretrex 101 GPS with LBT pouch
Gear Sector GS-2P sling with DD QD front mount and IWC 1-2 Point Triglide

SOPMOD items:

KAC NT4QDSS
TD BVG-ITI Tan
Insight M3X Push Button Tan - AN/SU233 VBL III
Insight RMT 400-000-A8 remote switch
ELCAN SpecterDR AN/SU230 PVS-C Articulated Telescope (Gen II)

Not mounted:
EOTech 553.A65TAN HWS AN/SU231 PEQ

Pics with the KAC NT4 mounted

Detail pic of the AN/SU233 backplate

Marvin Pitts' pinning job and spacer on the RO921HB barrel - needless to say, it was much cleaner looking cosmetically when it was new, but as you can see- fit and finish is not really one of my priorities when it comes to my rifles.

Crane extended charging handle latch (it's on the CQBR upper, but I figured it was worth posting here as well)

"Spare" carbine with AN/SU230 PVS-C with Doctor Optic MRDs (Gen III)

Comparison pics of the Gen II and Gen III AN/SU230:

Pic of the MRD mount and Doctor:

And the damage I picked up to the Doctor- however, as you can see, it still works, I considered replacing it, but I think it gives it character, and it was earned through honest work.

NSW "Tribute" pic:

(Specs and details of the CQBR will be in the MK18/CQBR thread)

Pistol is a West German Sig P226 - can you tell I have a passion for Krylon?  

Group photo

And finally, a *true* SOPMOD clone picture

1.  ECOS-N - Block 1 (Aimpoint CompM2 and Wilcox mount)
2.  4X DOS with MRD - Block 1 (TA01NSN with Trijicon Red Dot MRD, JPoint MRD upgrades for the 4X DOS were the predecessors to the AN/SU237 PVS TA01ECOS in the Phased Replacement program)
3.  AN/SU231 PEQ - Phased Replacement for ECOS-N (EOTech 553.A65 HWS TAN)
4.  AN/SU230 PVS-C - Block 2 (ELCAN SpecterDR 1-4x)
5.  QD Sound Suppressor - Block 1 (KAC NT4QDSS)
6.  Crane M4 Enhanced Cheekweld SOPMOD buttstock - (LMT SOPMOD stock)
7.  VBL II - Block 1 (Surefire M962C)
8.  AN/SU233 VBL III - Phased Replacement (Insight M3X Push Button Tan)
9.  Vertical Foregrip - Phased Replacement (TD BVG-ITI)
10.Vertical Foregrip - Original SOPMOD kit (KAC VFG)

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Augee:
Got some new photos snapped of my M4A1 "clone"

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01527.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01531.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01545.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01546.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/DSC01532.jpg

Specs:

Colt LE6920 lower (SBR)
Colt RO921HB upper with KAC NT4QD mount permanently pinned by Marvin Pitts

KAC M4 RAS
Crane early contract SOPMOD buttstock
CQD rear sling mount
BAD-ASS ambi-selector - standard/short-thin
Norgon ambi-mag-catch
PRI M84 Gasbuster charging handle
Garmin Foretrex 101 GPS with LBT pouch

SOPMOD items:

KAC NT4QDSS
TD BVG-ITI Tan
Insight M3X Push Button Tan - AN/SU233 VBL III
Insight RMT 400-000-A8 remote switch
ELCAN SpecterDR AN/SU230 PVS-C Articulated Telescope

Not mounted:
EOTech 553.A65TAN HWS AN/SU231 PEQ

Fk'n sweet; don't think I've ever seen a camo'd pistol before, though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 6:25:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tmender03] [#50]
Oh be careful, you'll get razzed for not having a RIS II
Edit: BTW Augee, you have way too many expensive optics
Page / 907
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top