AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 906
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:11:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: erifevil] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Need an opinion.

COLT LE6920 BCG.

How does this look? Wanting to trade a brand new Daniel Defense BCG for a factory COLT unit and the offer I got for this one. Says its a few years old, was used a bit but now just a spare.

My DD was brand new a few days ago and has like 20 rounds on it. Swapping all of my stuff over to full on COLT so I really don't want to the big DD laser engravings. If it wasn't marked, I wouldn't care but I'm being a picky bitch.

Trying to decide if I should just sell my DD BCG and buy a new COLT or if a trade for this one would be decent. I know bolts are a wearable item over time so I wanted an opinion of the guys who know COLT parts! :)

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/556man1/0405151300a_zpseaczcshx.jpg

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/556man1/0405151300_zpsjtxnibro.jpg
View Quote

I would want to see the cam pin bolt lugs and exctractor to better give an opinion.  The carrier contact surfaces look ok except the rear end of the lower looks either worn to piss or just a bad pic.  Would love to see a close up of the all the contact surfaces though.

Either way you would want to replace rings and the extractor goodies on any used BCG unless they are like new, right.

pic thread;;;;

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Need an opinion.

COLT LE6920 BCG.

How does this look? Wanting to trade a brand new Daniel Defense BCG for a factory COLT unit and the offer I got for this one. Says its a few years old, was used a bit but now just a spare.

My DD was brand new a few days ago and has like 20 rounds on it. Swapping all of my stuff over to full on COLT so I really don't want to the big DD laser engravings. If it wasn't marked, I wouldn't care but I'm being a picky bitch.

Trying to decide if I should just sell my DD BCG and buy a new COLT or if a trade for this one would be decent. I know bolts are a wearable item over time so I wanted an opinion of the guys who know COLT parts! :)

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/556man1/0405151300a_zpseaczcshx.jpg

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/556man1/0405151300_zpsjtxnibro.jpg
View Quote

What's the bolt face look like? Probably the most important part in determining wear IMO.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
OK! I will ask! :)

I've never owned an AR long enough that any of this has been an issue so I don't know what to look for.

Owner says 900~1000 rounds on it though. Asked to see the above mentioned things.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:59:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#5]
Do I win anything yet? Might not be as cool that that ones guys FA COLT BLOCK II but damnit, I'm getting there! Also we are going to ignore the fact that EXPS3-0 is Black because I got it for $375.00 dollars, it was brand new. I get a free pass because I have an EXPS3-0TAN and G33 TAN on another rifle, I just didn't want to loose the zero on that rifle yet. Going to flip-flop the optics here shortly.
I've got another SOPMOD on the way. I ordered a B5 in Coyote Brown as it's closer to the color of the LMT than the B5 FDE stock. I do plan to track down an actual LMT though. Even though these come with Gen 1's, I would like another LMT Gen 2 in FDE. I had one for a while I should have never sold.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
How are the Elcan SpecterDR owners enjoying their optics?  Anyone get one and then end up selling?  If so what were your reasons for selling.  For people that like it, how is it as a do everything sight, and is there anything that you feel you are missing out on compared to other optics?  Thanks a lot.  I'm finally picking up my DD M4A1 this week, I got my KAC sights standing by, and looking at optics...
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Spectre186:

How are the Elcan SpecterDR owners enjoying their optics?  Anyone get one and then end up selling?  If so what were your reasons for selling.  For people that like it, how is it as a do everything sight, and is there anything that you feel you are missing out on compared to other optics?  Thanks a lot.  I'm finally picking up my DD M4A1 this week, I got my KAC sights standing by, and looking at optics...
View Quote

I do not personally own one BUT I can tell you why I did not buy one. Because they cost as much as the damn rifle. I went the EXPS3-0 route. I have used them though, they are nice but just so expensive.

I've seen multiple people in this thread mention selling them to fund another whole rifle build! :)

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I'm stoked with mines.  I have not shot with it yet just putting my eyeballs through it and I really like the insta x4 magnification.  I have two other setups, one with a Mark 4 and the other with the Aimpoint T1.  This one kinda fits the in between as far as purposes go.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spectre186] [#9]

I do not personally own one BUT I can tell you why I did not buy one. Because they cost as much as the damn rifle. I went the EXPS3-0 route. I have used them though, they are nice but just so expensive.

I've seen multiple people in this thread mention selling them to fund another whole rifle build! :)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm trying to decide between an exps 3-0 w/ g33, a tr24 or an Elcan on my sopmod clone.  Elcan being 2x the cost of the others is a tough pill to swallow.  Hoping more Elcan owners chime in!
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't got to actually shoot with my Elcan yet, as it came in just before I had to go offshore again(along with my suppressors), but just messing with it around the house, I like it. It is hard to spend that kind of money, but you get what you pay for, from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#11]

I'm trying to decide between an exps 3-0 w/ g33, a tr24 or an Elcan on my sopmod clone.  Elcan being 2x the cost of the others is a tough pill to swallow.  Hoping more Elcan owners chime in!
View All Quotes

I feel the Elcan is money well spent.  I love mine (have had it for a little over a year).  The near "bombproof" durability, excellent glass, useful reticle, extremely bright illumination, and relatively small package cannot be rivaled by just about anything out there for less.  

If I were to start selling optics, my Elcan would be one of the last to go.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:04:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#12]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

I feel the Elcan is money well spent.  I love mine (have had it for a little over a year).  The near "bombproof" durability, excellent glass, useful reticle, extremely bright illumination, and relatively small package cannot be rivaled by just about anything out there for less.  

View All Quotes

In its class, the ELCAN is hard to beat. An ACOG with a piggy backed RMR or reflex is a nice compromise if you want magnification and a BDC. If your shooting is going to keep you inside of 300-400 meters, I think an exps-3/g33 combo is the best bang for your buck to do it all. I love mine, and it won't break the bank. Removing the magnifier is also a big win if I want to save some weight.

All that being said, if the world ended and I had to choose one optic, the ELCAN would be it. Kill the battery, destroy the mrds on top (if you have one) by throwing it off a mountain, pick it back up and still have an etched BDC reticle. Hard to beat. Just sell one of your extra ARs to fund one.... ;) the more I shoot, the more I want less rifles and more of a "kit" of optics and parts to run on a single gun... A la mk18/block 2 combo
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:04:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#13]
Had a 10.3" URG come in today with a shot out barrel.  Green Beanie requested a 14.5" instead.  Just finished assembling it.  Barrel is a standard Colt M4 bbl with DD low profile gas block (set screws), FMSBC flash hinder, DD M4A1 RIS II handguard, carbine length gas tube.

CD
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Had a 10.3" URG come in today with a shot out barrel.  Green Beanie requested a 14.5" instead.  Just finished assembling it.  Barrel is a standard Colt M4 bbl with DD low profile gas block (set screws), FMSBC flash hinder, DD M4A1 RIS II handguard, carbine length gas tube.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_0475_rz.jpg

CD
View Quote

I love your postings.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#15]

CD
View Quote

Is that a black RIS II, or is it just the lighting?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

CD

Lighting, RIS II is FDE.

CD
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:41:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#17]

Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:

I love your postings.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:

CD

I love your postings.

His posts make me cry. All of those Surefire 4-prongs and he won't share! That is my fucking Unicorn right there! More so than even the COLT LE6920 SOCOM M4A1 Carbine marked complete lower I got yesterday!

I've offered upwards of $200+ for one before and still never been able to get my hands on one.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#18]

CD
View Quote

Man I'd love to see a huge block 2 pic dump sometime soon. You're our sandbox lifeline lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Before I had the colt socom barrel.

Should I get a tan exps3 or save for a supressor? I don't have coin for an elcan. I don't shoot past 300 or know of anywhere close by to shoot that far either.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:45:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#20]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
Should I get a tan exps3 or save for a supressor? I don't have coin for an elcan. I don't shoot past 300 or know of anywhere close by to shoot that far either.
View Quote

Both

Pic thread:
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

Both

Pic thread:<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/akratz/media/ARFCOM/20140414_191228_zpsnfmzkt70.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/20140414_191228_zpsnfmzkt70.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Both

Pic thread:<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/akratz/media/ARFCOM/20140414_191228_zpsnfmzkt70.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/20140414_191228_zpsnfmzkt70.jpg</a>

What kind of variable is that?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Both

NF 2.5-10x24
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Do I win anything yet? Might not be as cool that that ones guys FA COLT BLOCK II but damnit, I'm getting there! Also we are going to ignore the fact that EXPS3-0 is Black because I got it for $375.00 dollars, it was brand new. I get a free pass because I have an EXPS3-0TAN and G33 TAN on another rifle, I just didn't want to loose the zero on that rifle yet. Going to flip-flop the optics here shortly.

View Quote

You're in luck:  we just got a batch of black EXPS3-0s.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I recently sold mine. I loved the optic overall, but it's overkill for my needs. I would have kept it but I wanted to put new suspension and tires on my truck.

Speaking of which, I need an optic for my rifle now. Torn between a T2 in an ADM tall mount, and the EXPS3-0. Thoughts? Never owned an Eotech but from what I've read the new XPS models are very good. Loved my Aimpoint PRO and H1 2 moa.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View Quote

Interesting and unsurprising. Out of curiosity: are they marked "SU-231A/PEQ" on the left side of the hood?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Awesome! :)

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I was just sitting here thinking and I have a question. Why do the COLT SOCOM and SOCOM II rifles come with a 4 position buffer tube and not one of the 6 position units?

The 4 position unit with the LE stock isn't so bad but with the SOPMOD stock the first position is too far back for me.

I assume some of the other COLT rifles use 6 position tube correct?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

What website is this? Or where are they for $375?  More information please?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I was just sitting here thinking and I have a question. Why do the COLT SOCOM and SOCOM II rifles come with a 4 position buffer tube and not one of the 6 position units?

The 4 position unit with the LE stock isn't so bad but with the SOPMOD stock the first position is too far back for me.

View Quote

I can't be entirely sure, but my issue (standard) M4 has a 4 position tube.  I'm assuming the M4A1's (.mil issue) come the same way.  Hell, does Colt even manufacture 6 position tubes?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#31]

I'm going to end up sending this upper in to ADCO to have the SOCOM profile barrel installed with a pinned gas block and pinned/welded FH.  Not sure which FH I'll go with yet.  I'm going to try to find a DD bolt up barrel nut first.  I'd like to keep the DD barrel assembly from the upper intact in order to sell it off.  If anybody here has a barrel nut they're willing to sell or knows of anywhere I can find one let me know.

So far it's just a DD M4A1 URG with a plan to have the BCM SOCOM barrel installed.  The stock will change to a B5 at some point.  The cheapo red dot will be replaced.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Surefire 4 prong just sold on ee for 305....no way I'm ever getting one of those if that's the going rate. Now lord knows it's an expensive game in the clone world and lord knows I would love me a sf556rc but I'm out on that price. Some one let me know if those prices ever go down a little...
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Jellis71985:
Surefire 4 prong just sold on ee for 305....no way I'm ever getting one of those if that's the going rate. Now lord knows it's an expensive game in the clone world and lord knows I would love me a sf556rc but I'm out on that price. Some one let me know if those prices ever go down a little...
View Quote

I just got one a few weeks ago for $125.00 shipped NIB.  I couldn't believe it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Well feel free to let me in on where and how lol. But seriously if you decide you don't want it give me a shout haha
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By brodband8:
View All Quotes

And it was the mil issued one, not the civilian weird looking one? I fucking hate you! :)

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#36]
We put this together this afternoon.  14.5" SOCOM heavy bbl and DD M4A1 RIS II FSB rail.  Thing is definitely muzzle heavy and that's without adding the SF FMBSC flash hinder.  I like the balance better with the standard barrel.

CD
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#37]
We put this together this afternoon.  14.5" SOCOM heavy bbl and DD M4A1 RIS II FSB rail.  Thing is definitely muzzle heavy and that's without adding the SF FMBSC flash hinder.  I like the balance better with the standard barrel.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_0484_rz.jpg

CD
View Quote

CD,

Your contributions to this site are excellent.  Thanks for what you do.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bc_tripp:
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag372/brendontripp/969c0c2a-e619-4101-977c-f0161c1f7906_zpsmnv6lx3a.jpg

I'm going to end up sending this upper in to ADCO to have the SOCOM profile barrel installed with a pinned gas block and pinned/welded FH.  Not sure which FH I'll go with yet.  I'm going to try to find a DD bolt up barrel nut first.  I'd like to keep the DD barrel assembly from the upper intact in order to sell it off. If anybody here has a barrel nut they're willing to sell or knows of anywhere I can find one let me know.

So far it's just a DD M4A1 URG with a plan to have the BCM SOCOM barrel installed.  The stock will change to a B5 at some point.  The cheapo red dot will be replaced.
View Quote

Contact DD's support themselves. They can either sell or hook you up with one!
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:47:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#39]

I can't be entirely sure, but my issue (standard) M4 has a 4 position tube.  I'm assuming the M4A1's (.mil issue) come the same way.  Hell, does Colt even manufacture 6 position tubes?
View All Quotes

Did some digging and the answer is that all COLT buffer tubes are 4 position on both issued and civilian rifles.

So next question becomes, does anyone ever use anything other that COLT buffers on issued rifles? Are there any COLT M4A1 rifles with complete LMT stock sets on them, issued? Combat_Diver? Anyone?

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Did some digging and the answer is that all COLT buffer tubes are 4 position on both issued and civilian rifles.

So next question becomes, does anyone ever use anything other that COLT buffThers on issued rifles? Are there any COLT M4A1 rifles with complete LMT stock sets on them, issued? Combat_Diver? Anyone?

View All Quotes

So next question becomes, does anyone ever use anything other that COLT buffThers on issued rifles? Are there any COLT M4A1 rifles with complete LMT stock sets on them, issued? Combat_Diver? Anyone?

I do know there is no difference between Colt carbine buffer tubes that come on service rifles or civilian rifles. I remember Augee telling somebody this, he worded it much better than I can, but in a nutshell he said there is zero difference, and it is just by chance if a Colt tube ends up on either a civi or mil rifle.

Of course Colt tubes come on Colt M4's, but as for what certain branches would use for replacements I'm not positive. It would also be interesting to see who's tubes end up on an FN M4A1
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#41]
Someone mentioned in this thread that CMT makes COLT tubes and someone else said that was wrong and that COLT does there own in-house from forgings so who knows.
I would just like to get the stock one notch more forward and keep the M4A1 lower is close to "clone" correct as possible.
I think I'm finally doing it right!

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Someone mentioned in this thread that CMT makes COLT tubes and someone else said that was wrong and that COLT does there own in-house from forgings so who knows.

I would just like to get the stock one notch more forward and keep the M4A1 lower is close to "clone" correct as possible.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/colt_m4a1_zpsx8l813yd.jpg

View Quote

That EoTech looks a little funny...
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#43]

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
View All Quotes

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/colt_m4a1_zpsx8l813yd.jpg

No no, KillerB6 just said they got in a batch of Black SU-231a's! It's clone correct now! Also mounted it per NYPD SWAT spec. ;)

I'm just surprised you didn't mention the forward sling point that I made out of a D-Ring from a dog collar and 3 zip-ties. I was in a rush, I was going hog hunting and I can't find my CQD.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#44]
This past weekend. BACON!

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#45]
It's the "NYPD swat spec" mounting that had me a little .

That's a lot of bacon!
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Man, that would be all bad. Laser radiation directly into your eyeball! Even though it would be pretty well diffused by the time it gets there.

I wonder how long it would take to fry an eyeball if the protective housing was removed. Probably 0.752 seconds
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#47]

And it was the mil issued one, not the civilian weird looking one? I fucking hate you! :)

View All Quotes

Yup.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Yup.

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/AA497E05-B5DD-4FF2-BE36-0580F761AEF5_zps7sem30yt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/AA497E05-B5DD-4FF2-BE36-0580F761AEF5_zps7sem30yt.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Yup.

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/AA497E05-B5DD-4FF2-BE36-0580F761AEF5_zps7sem30yt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/AA497E05-B5DD-4FF2-BE36-0580F761AEF5_zps7sem30yt.jpg</a>

There are different versions of the 4P?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Yup.

View All Quotes

Yup.

I second that lol
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Yup.

I'm guessing he means the 215a or whatever it's called. I mistakenly put one on my fsp build thinking it was correct.
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top