Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2024 12:58:59 PM EDT
Hello all -

Here's my situation: I've got an M1A SOCOM 16 incoming, and I'm trying to find a WML mounting solution for the top handguard rail section which will bring the light as far forward to the muzzle as possible. There are many wing / bar types available from Arisaka, CLOUD and others... but which is the LONGEST?

I will be using some kind of OFFSET Pic rail base, such as the now discontinued HALEY STRATEGIC THORNTAIL:

If the Haley bar is no shorter than the Arisaka or any other I'll use that, or some similar combination. If anyone knows of a LONGER solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Later on, I MAY replace the factory front sling swivel with a Pic Rail section.... but even with a 45-deg offset that still leaves the light itself very low, not my ideal solution.

Happy to hear any suggestions!
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The T.Rex Lightbar is the longest I've seen, but it's not currently in stock
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#2]
Are you using the standard scout type mounting or the swivel pro mount?

As stated, the T. Rex is pretty good

Midwest Industries also has a couple, but one for picatinny mounting

Scout extended

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Third vote for the TRex bar.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runguns] [#4]
iwc stll makes a version of that haley mount. *same length though*
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have to measure, but the UNITY light wing combo puts it a ways out there. And is pretty slick when you put a mod button in it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bakke1:
I would have to measure, but the UNITY light wing combo puts it a ways out there. And is pretty slick when you put a mod button in it.
View Quote

Thanks for the input all - as it turns out the MI one is the longest by a good margin, but I also scored a used Haley off a member here. I'm sure I will find uses for all of them!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top