Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2024 4:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn]
Saw the thread on the light/laser combos, lots of good info there, trying to figure out what to use myself, but for different scenario.

We live out in the country, surrounded by low-rolling farmland, i'm on the backside of a tiny little farmtown. We don't get two-legged predators, but do have some packs of coyotes that sometimes wreak havoc on livestock and pets.

They come from out the backside of my house which butts up to thousands of acres of farmland. My place is higher in elevation than the deep bowl area behind it, so I have a safe killing zone out to 300 yards or so and the landowners are fine with eliminating the yotes.

I don't have any NV, am saving up a bit every month in a mad money account for thermal as that seems the way to go ultimately.

So was wondering about lighting or laser for spotting them, which one or both, I run red-dots on the rifles and can hit that size target easily if I can see it out to 300. But with the potential distance being 200 or more, would it be better to get a green laser than a WML? One that doesn't necessarily have the tightest beam, but in fact opens up to a couple feet at that distance?

Saw the Olights mentioned and they are within my price range but don't know if I should try just the light or get the combo and try the laser too. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Eta: tagging a couple of members I know who know about stuff like this, @nictra  and  @TX-Zen
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
If you’re trying to get predators at night I’d take a hard look at thermal. BUT it all depends on your budget.

OP what are you willing to spend?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bdover:
If you’re trying to get predators at night I’d take a hard look at thermal. BUT it all depends on your budget.

OP what are you willing to spend?
View Quote

I'd like to stay at $200.00 or less if possible, but still have something I can use on another rifle even after I finally get a thermal set-up.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

I'd like to stay at $200.00 or less if possible, but still have something I can use on another rifle even after I finally get a thermal set-up.
View Quote

@Dragynn if you’re willing to go a little farther with your money the LEP should give you a pretty good throw.

https://www.z-bolt.com/18650-lep-weapon-light
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top