Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 2:21:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Longziz] [#1]
Here is a sneak peak of what the mag look like. Photo credit to Oleg Volk.

https://www.facebook.com/oleg.volk/media_set?set=a.671933104833.1073741853.132200683&type=1&comment_id=671993863073¬if_t=like

Note, the follower shown is going to be the production selected color. Your mag comes with black follower. I can't get enough colored made before this event.

Enjoy.

Jing
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Longziz:
Last minute requirement:

I never thought about this but It just occur to me that this is a public test call, and for whoever want to participate, you CAN NOT be another magazine manufacturer, or affiliate with one. I need an Objective review, good or bad, but I can't let the business interest get into the way. I think this is a fair requirement but I think I need you honest response. I can't trace every member's background so I am calling to you all to help me to keep this test an objective one.

Best,

Jing
View Quote

I think that's completely understandable.  I have no affiliation with any magazine manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no affiliation with any magazine manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Pending confirmation from site staff that you're actually legit, I'd be interested in testing a couple of them.

The rifles I own for the test are in the picture below

LaRue tOBR.223/5.56 (both would be tested including XM193/855 and .223 hunting rounds)
Noveske 300 blk super and subsonic
Wilson Combat 6.8 in two loadings (varmint and medium game Hornady loads)
RRA 458 SOCOM in 300gr loadings
LaRue OBR 7.62/308 in XM ball and 308 hunting loads

I'd ask that you send at least 2, preferably 3 or 4, though, as that's a lot of loading to test properly and I'll bring along some help.  All these guns are well proven to be 100% functional with currently available mags.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:51:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#5]
I'd be really interested in testing 5.45x39.  I shoot a lot of that in my AR's.  I mostly use CProducts and ASC 5.45 mags with fairly good results.  It seems the ASC mags have an occasional failure to feed.  I have a Pmag I've modified to load 30 rounds of 5.45 into and in an estimated 25 cycles it has yet to malfunction, so I'm looking to mod more pmags since they're much easier to load than the CP or ASC mags.

I also shoot a lot of 223/5.56 in AR's, so I could test function with that cartridge as well.  But that's obviously the most common AR cartridge and I'm sure there will be no problem getting plenty of testing feedback for that.  So I'd like to focus on the 5.45x39.  I'm *very* interested in seeing how your mag copes with the problems presented by that cartridge.

And I'm not affiliated with any mag manufacturer or any mfg/distributor/vendor of any gun related products at all for that matter.

ETA:  Just realized the testers are already finalized.  I guess if you need another tester for 5.45x39, I'd be happy to do so at any time.

Here's my latest 5.45 AR build using a 7.5" barrel:

Another 5.45 AR with a 10.5" barrel:

5.45 AR with 16" barrel:

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:09:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Redraider1] [#6]
As requested through PM, picture if my rifles with hand written username.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Been following this on facebook and on here, very exciting and I hope you succeed. Keep us posted and let us know when we can buy them. What do you think the final street price will be, or are you too far out to be able to speculate on that?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Email sent--also no affiliation with gun magazines or manufacturers.

Thanks for letting me play.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 10 built ARs  from rifle length to Carbines, and a pistol, also have a Tavor. All are 5.56 sans 1 rifle which is 300BLK.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I have no affiliation with gun magazines or manufacturers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dillehayd:
Pending confirmation from site staff that you're actually legit, I'd be interested in testing a couple of them.

The rifles I own for the test are in the picture below

LaRue tOBR.223/5.56 (both would be tested including XM193/855 and .223 hunting rounds)
Noveske 300 blk super and subsonic
Wilson Combat 6.8 in two loadings (varmint and medium game Hornady loads)
RRA 458 SOCOM in 300gr loadings
LaRue OBR 7.62/308 in XM ball and 308 hunting loads

I'd ask that you send at least 2, preferably 3 or 4, though, as that's a lot of loading to test properly and I'll bring along some help.  All these guns are well proven to be 100% functional with currently available mags.

http://dillehay.org/images/magtest1.jpg
View Quote

Hello Sir,

I have made my pick of 20 before your post, unless the previous pick 20 failed to response to my post, I can't not fault them. Beside, I am afraid I can not provide more than one test sample per person since I don't have enough to go around. Sorry.

Jing
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Dear friends,

Please reply my post on the second page to provide your shipping address and phone number, and please also take a look of my latest requirement to see if you are still qualify, or if you are still willing to participate the test. If you think you are not, then please also let me know so I can pass the opportunity to the next qualified tester. Thanks!

Another note, judging from the mag I had and those shown in the picture, I found out that the current Cerakote coating is not suitable for my production needs. I am shifting to other means of coating now. Here is a picture of 120 of the magazine made, and it is shipped out for coating. Those goes to the testers are in them!

Jing

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I have no affiliation to anyone or any manufacturers in the industry. Thanks for the opportunity to help with testing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:55:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Willz] [#14]
IM sent.

No I am not affiliated with any magazine manufacturer and I do not live in a magazine restricted state.

I'd rather not post pics of all my firearms but I can IM you a pic if that's acceptable.

Thanks for the opportunity.

~Will

edit, emailed my info, yes your IM box is full.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:39:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uniquesnd] [#15]
Received your PM email sent thanks! I have no affiliation with magazine manufactures.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Okay, sent an e-mail from my SBCGLOBAL.NET account, just so you know it is me.  Included my username here and shipping address in the e-mail.  I am not affiliated with any other magazine manufacturer, and am still able to test 300blk, 5.56, and 5.45x39.

I actually sent you two e-mails, because even though I answered all the questions in the first one, I forgot to put the mailing address in, so you have two from me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, and I'm looking forward to giving you an honest opinion on the magazine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I will test as well!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I am not affiliated with any firearms or magazine manufacturing companies.

I forgot to include that in the email confirmation I sent you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:06:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#19]
JoshAston, if you can find someone in VA to receive the mag on your behalf, then we can do it. Otherwise, I have to pass this to someone else.
View Quote

Sorry I lost track of this thread during the holidays. Email sent.

ETA: I'm not affiliated with any firearm or magazine manufacturer.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I know you already have the testers selected, if any don't follow thru I would love to test one.  I have .223, 300blk, and can get a 6.8spc.

Either way I look forward to the results.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:28:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNmyMag] [#21]
I sent you an Email from my Yahoo account.  looking forward to testing this magazine out. ETA as I said in the Email, I dont have anything to do with any magazine companies.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I am still interested in testing. Your yahoo email will not go through on my mail.

I will post picks of the rifles here is a few.

I will try to email address to you again.

Thank you,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Received your PM and sent email with my information!

I have no affiliation with magazine manufactures. I can give an unbiased review and live in gun friendly SOUTH CAROLINA!

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Received your PM.  Sent an email response with my information as your inbox is full.  I look forward to having the opportunity to review your product.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm in on this one. Not looking for a free magazine, just looking for updates. I remember reading and following the bullpup thread several years ago and am very happy to find out that you have other projects coming along.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Received your PM and sent email as you requested.  No magazine restrictions in my locale.

Looking forward to giving one a try.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope the tests go well, look forward to buying 7 of your production magazines later this year.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Have not heard back from the OP I hope you got my email
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#29]
This is to confirm that I have got all tester's information. So it seems that no runner up for any empty spot. The mag will come back to me from the coater by the end of this week, so the earliest shipment will start Monday next week, hope it will get to your hand before the Shotshow.

Thanks,

Jing
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds good.  Do you want results as soon as we start any testing, i.e. fitment in all different types of lowers, number of rounds we are able to load of each caliber, or do you want us to just keep tallying our results until we have put several hundred rounds of each caliber through the mags and then send you a complete write up?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:12:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Longziz] [#31]
Originally Posted By CA_TX-Cop:
Sounds good.  Do you want results as soon as we start any testing, i.e. fitment in all different types of lowers, number of rounds we are able to load of each caliber, or do you want us to just keep tallying our results until we have put several hundred rounds of each caliber through the mags and then send you a complete write up?
View Quote

Good question, and my answer is to address all testers. I want to run a public test as free as possible, that mean, I don't want to have any control of whatever the results that may come out of your test. Once the mag is shipped, consider the mag is yours and you can do whatever you want with it. All I want, and I think this is also all those who didn't get the mag testing opportunity want, is that how you test it and the test result. I am more or less to let you guys to compete to come out a test plan and execute it. You are free to discuss what to do with it, so that the test will cover the most concern YOU may have for a mag that may satisfy YOUR needs. Overall, I want to have a product that will make my customer happy, and I hope I can get it through you to testify if I achieve that, or fall short; success or fail, by how much.

To answer your question specifically. I do wish you would get the results up ASAP, and I think all the readers of this forum do. However, I set a time frame of TWO month, which I think should be enough to do any test you may want at leisure. If there is any finding you may have, even out of that two month frame, by all means, post it. I am always welcome results come from customer, good or bad.

Thanks!

Jing
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:58:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Longziz] [#32]
I am not a fan of torture test. All product has its designed limit, and range of usage. Deviating from there is asking for trouble. However, since the time you know who started this, as a manufacturer, I can't talk myself out of those test anymore, because sooner or later, there will be someone will do it on my Unimag. So instead of waiting you guys to surprise me, I might as well bite the bullet and follow the suite.

Today it is the first time I have tried this, on any product I have, and it looks pretty encouraging!

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MJghculNKXI [/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fan] [#33]
I am not a fan of torture test. All product has its designed limit, and range of usage. Deviating from there is asking for trouble. However, since the time you know who started this, as a manufacturer, I can't talk myself out of those test anymore, because sooner or later, there will be someone will do it on my Unimag. So instead of waiting you guys to surprise me, I might as well bite the bullet and follow the suite.

Today it is the first time I have tried this, on any product I have, and it looks pretty encouraging!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MJghculNKXI
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJghculNKXI
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Longziz:  I am not a fan of torture test. All product has its designed limit, and range of usage. Deviating from there is asking for trouble. However, since the time you know who started this, as a manufacturer, I can't talk myself out of those test anymore, because sooner or later, there will be someone will do it on my Unimag. So instead of waiting you guys to surprise me, I might as well bite the bullet and follow the suite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MJghculNKXI
View Quote

It's always good to see the inventor on camera.  Would be entertaining to watch you feed various rounds through a .458" out of a single magazine - the smaller rounds would probably drop through the bbl.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#35]
The coated magazine was in last Friday. The coating is absolutely gorgeous, and very scratch resistance. I am absolutely sold.

However, the coating process involves high heat and exposed almost every little bit imperfection of the stamping as well. After careful evaluation during the weekend, it is my conclusion that this batch are not suitable for public review. I am implementing changes to the tooling, we are looking at a couple of weeks delay. I hope you are not as disappointed as I am, but this is the nature of product development.

I will keep you guys posted.

Best,

Jing

[i
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry you weren't happy with the result.  I think it would be fine to send them out and give us time to test them while you are waiting on a second batch for cosmetic reasons.  But it's your product, so you do what you want.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah since this is basically a Beta Test the appearance doesn't matter just the function.  I think you should send them out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm with these guys
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I agree that beta testing doesn't usually have to be pretty.

But I understand that it's important to him, or else he wouldn't want to serialize the first batch and then end up having them look like doodoo.

But if they work flawlessly and look cosmetically appealing, then he'll have perfected his formula. Which will keep some people from complaining later down the road, saying things like, "boy I hope you didn't get the 1st gen mag, the QC standards were terrible back then"

I've waited this long. No rush now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Wessinger03r6:
I agree that beta testing doesn't usually have to be pretty.

But I understand that it's important to him, or else he wouldn't want to serialize the first batch and then end up having them look like doodoo.
But if they work flawlessly and look cosmetically appealing, then he'll have perfected his formula. Which will keep some people from complaining later down the road, saying things like, "boy I hope you didn't get the 1st gen mag, the QC standards were terrible back then"

I've waited this long. No rush now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#41]
No, it is not a cosmotical thing. The thermal effect made one side, which was not stamped properly, retracted and distort the magazine, which makes it not suitable for feeding one caliber and the mag is not drop free.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Longziz:  No, it is not a cosmotical thing. The thermal effect made one side, which was not stamped properly, retracted and distort the magazine, which makes it not suitable for feeding one caliber and the mag is not drop free.
View Quote

Keep @ it - we want this to work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:57:28 AM EDT
[#43]
patiently waiting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:01:55 AM EDT
[#44]
If anyone here attending Shotshow or happens to be at Vegas at Jan 22, you are invited to my private event hosted by me and other vendors. Send me an email so I can send you invitation.

Jing
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#45]
If anyone here attending Shotshow or happens to be at Vegas at Jan 22, you are invited to my private event hosted by me and other vendors. Send me an email so I can send you invitation.

Jing
View Quote

Email sent your way man
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#46]
sent
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Longziz:  No, it is not a cosmotical thing. The thermal effect made one side, which was not stamped properly, retracted and distort the magazine, which makes it not suitable for feeding one caliber and the mag is not drop free.

TRH

Best wishes Longziz!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Longziz] [#48]
Thanks Guys! I will keep moving forward. I think I found the route cause of the distortion, implementation on the way. The magazine is still functional, with the help of a new and an old design of the spring.

Today I did some sand test of it. First time ever, and it is a stone surprise!

http://youtu.be/ynwon1dR3Xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynwon1dR3Xo

[youtube] http://youtu.be/C5E0lXh9xVs [/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Longziz:  Thanks Guys! I will keep moving forward. I think I found the route cause of the distortion, implementation on the way. The magazine is still functional, with the help of a new and an old design of the spring.

Today I did some sand test of it. First time ever, and it is a stone surprise!

http://youtu.be/ynwon1dR3Xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynwon1dR3Xo

http://youtu.be/C5E0lXh9xVs
View Quote

Gotta be a Team Member to post video.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Gotta be a Team Member to post video.
View Quote

Got it! Thanks! I want to be an industrial partner, but have to wait.
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top