Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 5:23:13 PM EDT
Greetings all!

So, given the limited search options we have access to, while I'm sure this has been discussed before, I sure can't find it.

Anyone know of any kind of shop or something that will install a *non* F-marked FSP?  I've found a few places that sell them, but none that sell them with the holes drilled.  So, while I can knock the pins out of the ones that are currently installed, I can't install a new one.

I know some folks say that having an F-marked FSP installed on your carry handle rifle is "okay" or "good enough", but it seems to me there's a reason why the FSP height was changed and maybe using what was supposed to be on the rifle originally might nor be a terrible idea...
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Simplest would be to thread the pin holes of an existing FSB for set screws, or drill holes in a new one.  It wouldn't be "pinned", but I've yet to have one move.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
https://retroarmsworks.com/
View Quote

No wonder google wasn’t very helpful, he doesn’t mention this kind of thing on his site, :-D

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Simplest would be to thread the pin holes of an existing FSB for set screws, or drill holes in a new one.  It wouldn't be "pinned", but I've yet to have one move.
View Quote

Well, I don’t have the equipment or skillset to be drilling holes like that, and no clue whatsoever how you’d line it up so the gas port works and the sights line up or anything…

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Akin:

No wonder google wasn’t very helpful, he doesn’t mention this kind of thing on his site, :-D

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Akin:
https://retroarmsworks.com/

Thanks!

Email him for his shop services and price list.

I haven't come across anyone better.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Email him for his shop services and price list.

I haven't come across anyone better.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:39:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IdahoPCCinc] [#7]
Adco does FSP installs...and  they can provide the F-marked FSB.

You will need to provide an undrilled /virgin barrel though.

It's hard to install an undrilled FSB onto a barrel that has already had a FSB installed, and then removed.

The  original grooves cut into the barrel may not line up very well.

Not impossible......but extremely hard to get it right.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:44:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GSPatton] [#8]
I would not worry about it.  Just a few more turns on the front sight to bring it into alignment.
Unless you are going for a 100% milspec clone.  But in actual use it really doesn't matter.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By IdahoPCCinc:

Adco does FSP installs...and  they can provide the F-marked FSB.

You will need to provide an undrilled /virgin barrel though.

It's hard to install an undrilled FSB onto a barrel that has already had a FSB installed, and then removed.

The  original grooves cut into the barrel may not line up very well.

Not impossible......but extremely hard to get it right.

https://ar15barrels.com/tech/colt-fsb-park.jpg
View Quote

There are ways around that.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top