Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2024 8:51:14 PM EDT
Looking for a 3x on my m4 style rifle 6.8 chambered with an aimpoint pro.   What would the hive recommend?  Just for target shooting/piggie shooting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
Looking for a 3x on my m4 style rifle 6.8 chambered with an aimpoint pro.   What would the hive recommend?  Just for target shooting/piggie shooting.
View Quote

I only own one magnifier, the Sig full size 3x, and it works fine.  You would be stuck with absolute height since their mount spacers have been OOS forever.  I would like to get to 1/3
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:50:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#2]
I had a Primary Arms micro slx 3x magnifier and it was 95% of an EoTech G33. I only got rid of it to switch things up to a 3x prism on another build and red dot only on the rifle the magnifier was on. The Holosun seems pretty good too. C_Does on youtube reviews many of them and none of the expensive magnifiers (Aimpoint, EoTech) seem like they are worth the premium over the Holosun, Vortex, or Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:31:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BULLDAWG_556] [#3]
I have 2 of the Vortex micro 3x. They are an exceptional value.
One is in front of a T2, the other in front of a Duty RDS
They also ship with a spacer to take you from absolute to lower 3rd.

Very satisfied!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:13:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bakke1] [#4]
I have a sig 3X micro that I don’t hate. Eye relief is just okay, but it feels like it has a lot of space for your eye.

I have an old aimpoint pineapple that I don’t think the glass is quite as good in, but I vastly prefer the shape of it for easier of grabbing/flipping (both in Unity FTC mounts.

If I could have the sig glass in a longer tube or different shape, I would be very happy, but I don’t use the magnifier all that much, so I am kind of prioritizing ease of use over actual quality.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eleazer] [#5]
In the budget/china tier I actually like the Primary Arms SLX full size better than the sig/holosun/vortex etc…. It’s 8oz plus mount so on the heavier side, but has better eye relief and FOV.   The glass is surprisingly good.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
HOLOSUN HM3x Magnifier - $200 worth of Excellence! - First Person RePew
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Aimpoint 3X-C and it does what I need it to. It's the only one I've ever looked through or handled so I can't comment on how it stacks up to the rest. I will say that the eye box is tight and the eye relief is pretty short, glass clarity isn't like a nice scope but it's not bad either.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:
I have 2 of the Vortex micro 3x. They are an exceptional value.
One is in front of a T2, the other in front of a Duty RDS
They also ship with a spacer to take you from absolute to lower 3rd.

Very satisfied!
View Quote

I have a pair of Vortex Micro 3x's that I like as well.

I do have a Sig 3x that is OK, but I don't like how wide it swings out when not in use.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Had a Vortex 3x micro that I liked. Now have the PA 3x micro with the Pegasus reticle in it and like it a lot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:18:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rauchman] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Had a Vortex 3x micro that I liked. Now have the PA 3x micro with the Pegasus reticle in it and like it a lot.
View Quote

Curious which you like better?  Which has the longer eye relief?

I'm on a magnifier hunt as well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an Aimpoint 3x and a vortex 3x micro. The vortex is shorter. But larger diameter and feels cheaper. Because it is.
   The glass on the vortex at first seams a little brighter to me. But then u realize it’s due to the larger glass. The Aimpoint does have a better picture.

But I don’t mind the vortex. I take it in and off a backyard gun. The Aimpoint sits on daughters deer rifle behind a comp m4s.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: magnum_99] [#12]
I recently bought a Primary Arms SLx full size 3x magnifier. It's a little big, but eye relief/eye box are very good and the glass is also very good (much better than I expected).

It feels very solid and I did not have to make any adjustments to center the dot.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top