Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2024 5:34:00 PM EDT
I have an 11.5 inch Geissele build with a mk4 fed rail.

I want to mount a light, likely at the upper quadrant on the right front of the rail and a switch of some sort on the left.

Thinking about a cloud rein, but very open. Just not 100 percent sure on the proper mount type to order. Can anyone suggest some good options.

Pic for reference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Cloud Rein lights ship with an MLOK mount (at least if you buy from their website), so you're in luck there.

They also use the Surefire Scout mounting footprint, which is extremely common. I would recommend Arisaka mounts if you want anything specific.

https://arisakadefense.com/light-mount/

I have an Arisaka mount on all my rifle lights, no issues.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:15:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmt1271] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duster89:
Cloud Rein lights ship with an MLOK mount (at least if you buy from their website), so you're in luck there.

They also use the Surefire Scout mounting footprint, which is extremely common. I would recommend Arisaka mounts if you want anything specific.

https://arisakadefense.com/light-mount/

I have an Arisaka mount on all my rifle lights, no issues.
View Quote

Thanks, but lol I'm an idiot.

I have an arisaka straight mlok mount on my mp5 clone mounting a streamlight.

I didn't think it would work with upper quadrant mlok slot on this rail but it does, perfectly. And still clears my can.

Attachment Attached File

I just need to order an fde unit and decide for sure which light I want.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The Cloud Rein 3.0 has the longest throw, while still providing a great amount of spill (100,000 candella and 1250 lumens). The Surefire Scout turbo has the same throw, but with a narrower hot spot and spill (100,000 candel and 700 lumens). Due to the lower lumen output, the Scout does have a longer run time before needing a charge. Also, both lights are $399, but the Rein comes complete with everything and the Scout requires the added purchase of the tape switch and tail cap.

Both companies offer micro versions, if the smaller length is worth a reduction in performance and battery life.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Headbarcode:
The Cloud Rein 3.0 has the longest throw, while still providing a great amount of spill (100,000 candella and 1250 lumens). The Surefire Scout turbo has the same throw, but with a narrower hot spot and spill (100,000 candel and 700 lumens). Due to the lower lumen output, the Scout does have a longer run time before needing a charge. Also, both lights are $399, but the Rein comes complete with everything and the Scout requires the added purchase of the tape switch and tail cap.

Both companies offer micro versions, if the smaller length is worth a reduction in performance and battery life.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top