Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 1:39:50 AM EDT
A discussion with a buddy of mine over my son's desire to have a black powder conversion revolver to play with led him to say he could just load black into a 5.56mm case and his AR would probably work twice before needing extensive cleaning!
Which, of course, leads me to wonder if anyone actually ever did that? Of course black wouldn't be able to have enough power in that little case to operate the system, and it would be probably the worst of unholy messes to clean in those innards...but just for grins and giggles anyone know anyone who actually DID that? No, not planning on trying!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know but someone tried it with 9mm handgun, maybe a Glock.  They had to use the heavier 147 grain bullets for the action to work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
1911 Black Powder 45ACP Torture Test!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
How does black powder react to that much bottleneck?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock Torture Test with Black Powder
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting, but nobody tried it in 223 - makes sense as it probably wouldn't have enough ooomph to get the bullet down the bore!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top